'19 SC WR/DB Kenney Solomon (Tennessee signee)

28911208-7127-4ab7-bbc7-e2443cda3ced-png.189321

As a parent, that’s a really special moment. Pretty damn cool, IMO.

Watching this team last year, I thought we need to get bigger and more physical on the OL, and we have to get faster everywhere. You can't teach quick twitch fast, your born with it.
giphy (16).gif

Wasn’t Jacobs a 3star?

Yes. Exceptions to the rule. Maybe this guy is one. But the post I was responding to said, this is how you get to the top of college football 2*s that run a 4.3. Sorry but thats not how you get to the top of college football. The only way to get to the top is to have a roster made up of mostly 4 and 5* players.

Maybe his offer was a PWO. He did visit but it was an unofficial visit. I'm good with that, especially since it seems like he wants to be here.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yes. Exceptions to the rule. Maybe this guy is one. But the post I was responding to said, this is how you get to the top of college football 2*s that run a 4.3. Sorry but thats not how you get to the top of college football. The only way to get to the top is to have a roster made up of mostly 4 and 5* players.

Yea.... i Guessed you missed the understanding of this statement.

You can’t take all 4 & 5 star guys when you have won only 2 SEC games in last 2 years.

So Tennessee has done a good job getting some 4& 5 star talent.

However Tennessee has not built to only taking 4&5 star talent.

So the 2&3 stars you take WHEN BULIDING A PROGRAM BACK TO THE TOP.

Yes you need your 2&3 star fills to be elite in measurables.

So yes BULIDING A PROGRAM BACK TO THE TOP.... you need 2 stars that have a special trait. Like running a 4.3

Harrison, Crouch, Tank, Wanya, Keyton, Sampley were never threats to sign with James Madison or Kent St.

Tennessee wanted all of them and got them. And now they want Solomon. 6 ft with 4.3 speed ain't nothing to sneeze at...
Junior Sampley? :cool:

Reactions: LittleVol
Well if we do take a 2* at least make sure they're fast as h*** like this dude.
giphy (19).gif

Are you using rivals, ESPN, or 247 rankings to make your mind up if a player is worthy or not.

Kenney Solomon visited Tennessee in November for the first time, and he returned there last weekend after drawing interest from the Vols over the past couple of months. He came away with his first Power Five scholarship offer. The three-star senior cornerback from Socastee High School in Myrtle Beach, S.C., said he picked up an offer from Tennessee on Saturday night during his unofficial visit with the Vols, and they’re now one of two teams standing out to him, along with Louisville.

“I don’t want to say that (Tennessee leads) right now, because I haven’t visited Louisville yet. But Tennessee, my family loved it. I loved the coaches. Number one was the coaches. I feel like I could have a great relationship with them. I met some of the (players). I met the DB — All-American DB,” he added, referring to Vols cornerback Bryce Thompson, who recently was named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America. “We hung out a few times and he was cool. “I love the campus. The stadium is humongous. I just loved it all around.”

Danny Stiff, Tennessee’s assistant director of player personnel, initially discovered Solomon after finding out about his fast times in high school track meets. Solomon said he has been timed at 10.69 seconds in the 100 meters. He also claims to have been timed at 4.36 seconds in the 40-yard dash, and he said he was timed at 4.42 seconds during a camp at Duke.

“They love me at corner, and love that I’ve got a lot of speed and I can be a punt returner and kick returner,” he said. “They have receivers at their corners right now, and they want a cornerback — someone like me — and they like me. They like me at corner, and they know I can play. And they’ve got receivers there right now as freshmen. Both of them are freshman receivers that are playing corner, so they need a real cornerback. “If I commit, I’ll be coming in June and I will be playing early as a true freshman.”

Side note, Solomon went from the No. 2,650 overall player to the No. 1,893 overall player on the 247Sports Composite rankings as of yesterday. Bumped him from a two-star to a three-star.

Know stars don't matter, but he got a little bump at least.
Barton Simmons puts a lot of stock into certain coaches evals. I’ve noticed Pruitt is one of those guys. That’s why he made Harrison a top247 guy, same with that WR last cycle that flipped to FSU.

VN Store

Back