'19 SC WR/DB Kenney Solomon (Tennessee signee)

Sure doesn’t. But, if he thinks he will be starting at CB as a true freshman with Thompson and Taylor there he is mistaken..... that being said he could easily start as a return guy being as fast as he is.

Best player will play at Tennessee now. But I agree Taylor & Thompson have a leg up.

But you have nickle & dime packages and a HUGE need for big, strong, fast corners to start on nickle and dime units.

Plus you never know when Taylor might show his pimp hand to a wide receiver, and take a seat.

I play with Taylor, but you get the point. Injuries and ejections do happen.

If his speed is legit and we miss out on Pickens or Harris flips to UNC, I say sign him up. Even if he only returns kicks/punts while he's here it's no different than having someone like Evan Berry on scholarship.
It's legit.
His track times are in national online database to confirm.
And more importantly you can see it on tape.
If he ends up with us, it will be a good thing.
He's not just speed. Dude has pretty good instincts. You can see it in his returns and on defense.
He has the body typeof someone who can get even faster.

If he were playing at Brentwood Academy or Trinity or Grayson he would be a clear 4 star imo. Needs to add strength and bulk but he has some serious tools. He can jump too.

Best player will play at Tennessee now. But I agree Taylor & Thompson have a leg up.

But you have nickle & dime packages and a HUGE need for big, strong, fast corners to start on nickle and dime units.

Plus you never know when Taylor might show his pimp hand to a wide receiver, and take a seat.

I play with Taylor, but you get the point. Injuries and ejections do happen.

Very good points

Reactions: LittleVol
Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson were both composite 3* rated. FWIW
So was Matt Simms, Rod Wilks, Channing Fugate, Allan Carson, Vincent Dallas, Quenshaun Watson, and Cody Blanc. Stars aren't everything but when it comes to the defensive backfield an offer list is very important

Reactions: orange parmejohn
No school in America needs speed more than Tennessee. Tennessee used to be the “speed school” in the country but last 4 or 5 yrs very little effective speed has been recruited. Team is too slow at practically every critical position.

Reactions: SCRocket and KBVol
No school in America needs speed more than Tennessee. Tennessee used to be the “speed school” in the country but last 4 or 5 yrs very little effective speed has been recruited. Team is too slow at practically every critical position.

This guy and Harris are priority one players! Because of what you just said. I would go back as far as 2001 to when we had real speed across the board.
Outside of Wright, Harris and Solomon are the top two. Their instincts and speed is God-given.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Blue shirt candidate?
Doubt we take a spot from next year's class for him to blue shirt. My guess is we missed on Pickens, and To'oto'o and possibly even Russell and they are taking next best available approach. If it's even a committable offer at this time.

VN Store

Back