'24 SC OT Kam Pringle (uscjr)

Curious the difference between OV and UOV. I do know that OV expenses are paid by school but what other perks are there?
That really is about the extent of it. Travel, accommodations, meals all covered by school (legally), and there is a time limit of 48 hours for the visit. UOVs have no time constraints because they are essentially the equivalent of student campus visits, only for prospective athletes. No limit to number of visits (unlike OVs) and the only legal paid expenses are game admission and a maybe a meal voucher at the game, but don't quote me on that one, though.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say recruit’s UOV’s are being financed also. As Chris said only OV’s are supposed to be, but does Nico and other commits have the resources to continually fly in from California for nearly every home game? Seems highly unlikely. JMO

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say recruit’s UOV’s are being financed also. As Chris said only OV’s are supposed to be, but does Nico and other commits have the resources to continually fly in from California for nearly every home game? Seems highly unlikely. JMO

Nico is a bad example. Comes from a state where they let HS athletes monetize NIL. I’d guess he got a little something up front and does indeed have the resources to continually fly in from Cali.

That really is about the extent of it. Travel, accommodations, meals all covered by school (legally), and there is a time limit of 48 hours for the visit. UOVs have no time constraints because they are essentially the equivalent of student campus visits, only for prospective athletes. No limit to number of visits (unlike OVs) and the only legal paid expenses are game admission and a maybe a meal voucher at the game, but don't quote me on that one, though.
Thanks,
I didn't know if someone is on OV if they get to spend more time with the coaches or have same access either way.

Thanks,
I didn't know if someone is on OV if they get to spend more time with the coaches or have same access either way.

UOV get tickets and a meal. The cafeteria in the training center has great food. They get access just as if it were an expense paid official visit. They go to the locker room, training center and pretty much wherever else they might want to go. Recruits always get a little time with coaches but most understand the demands that the staff have on game day. Alot of UOV's are taken on non game weekends because there's more access to coaches. Smokey's has been a great asset for coaches and families to hang out and get to know each other as well as recruits getting to hang out and bond.

I'm old enough to remember William "the Fridge" Perry being a massive NFL tackle at 6'2" & 335 lbs. and Mean Joe Greene terrifying quarterbacks at 6'4" & 275 lbs.
This gave me a smile. I was in pretty rough shape as a newborn and spent quite some time at children’s. Still to this day have the hand written note from the nurse calling me the next “Mean Joe Greene”.

Hmmm haven’t heard enough chatter to feel good here. Feel like we would have wanted to get him back on campus one more time.

Think the Vols have some work to do here in the next 13 days but will get to make their pitch. Pringle says he is not taking any planned visits before the commitment as of now, but he doesn't rule out a late change. Says he does not plan to give a school a silent commitment before announcing on the 22nd fwiw.
-Matt Ray (VQ)

VN Store

Back