Saturday Scrimmage Notes

How is JG not a standout player??? That’s not good man. Seriously.

If he doesn’t play well the season, I’m going to have my JG tattoo covered by a Cimaglia Tat.
"By asking such a question about JG you answer such a question about JG" - Amaterasu Omikami circa 712 AD

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Not a single positive statement about our 5th year QB...🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
We didn't have a Spring practice, and JG has started for three entire seasons.

If you or anyone is hoping or expecting him to "take the next step" or whatever that means, you should prepare Uranus.

If none of the young QBs develop, he may be our best option. But JG gonna JG.

Anyone expecting more than 5 or 6 wins this season with JG as QB is delusional.

If he plays like he did against Indiana, lucky to get 3 or 4 wins with no QB change.
I just screenshot this, so when we win more than 6 with him starting all 10...you’re gonna eat crow.

PS 6-4 this season is a DANG good season in this league for where we currently are.

I just screenshot this, so when we win more than 6 with him starting all 10...you’re gonna eat crow.

PS 6-4 this season is a DANG good season in this league for where we currently are.

I said 5 or 6 wins , and you said 6 wins is a good season. So, we pretty much said the same thing

I guess everyone needs a reason to B****

I think JG's ceiling is relatively high. I just wonder if he is going to get there. I hope he is the QB we were told he could be.

Anyone expecting more than 5 or 6 wins this season with JG as QB is delusional.

If he plays like he did against Indiana, lucky to get 3 or 4 wins with no QB change.
Stinchcomb on SEC Now said tonight that Tn had the look of a contender and mentioned JG at QB so no, I don't think everyone sees it the way you do.

Stinchcomb on SEC Now said tonight that Tn had the look of a contender and mentioned JG at QB so no, I don't think everyone sees it the way you do.

No, not everyone, but I'd say the majority of Vol fans see it that way. Past history with no signs of improvement dictate that

I think the only Vol fans still all in on JG are the few with a race or political agenda. No way they could be impressed by his play

I think JG's ceiling is relatively high. I just wonder if he is going to get there. I hope he is the QB we were told he could be.

We have seen the ceiling in two games - Auburn 2018 - 21/32 328 yds 2 Tds 0 Ints and Missouri last year 23/40 415 yds 2 TD's 0 Ints. I and others hoped at the time that by golly the light has finally come on for JG! But then the very next week after that stellar game against Missou against weaker competition he pitches a clunker against Vandy 6/17 120 yds 1 TD 1 Int. And don't get me started on the Bowl game. So yeah if he could be as consistently good as his better games he would be a very good QB but he just has too many Saturdays when he posts stat lines like the Florida game 10/17 107 yards and 2 Ints or the Bowl game 18/31 221 0 Tds 2 Ints (including a pick 6). The frustrating thing for us fans and most likely the coaches is he has the talent to be a very good SEC QB. He just needs to go out every Saturday and give us 18/30 250 yds 2 TDs and 0 Ints and 1 sack and 0 fumbles. Rush for 18 yards on 3 carries and get us a couple of 1st downs when everyones covered and the coverage breaks down. Just turn in consistently "B" grade QB play. Rant over peace and out!

For a QB as experienced as JG I have to say he played well in that game. That being said, you are already almost out of examples...
South Carolina? Auburn? Miss St? Kentucky?

He’s not the GOAT, I’m in no way insinuating that..I get frustrated too...but I don’t believe he’s as bad as some make him out to be. I also hope Bailey or Salter is the answer at QB moving forward.

VN Store

Back