Saturday Scrimmage Notes

I don't recall anyone saying he looked amazing during fall camp last year. Sounds like another fake a$$ narrative from the neverJGers.
I do. There were all kinds of reports about how much he had matured in the position, the amazing things that Chaney and Weinke had done with him, how much better he was than his sophomore year, and how the game had slowed down for him.

Hey guys. Get used to it. With the new rule, JG could be starting this year AND next. I hate to rain on parades, BUT........

I do. There were all kinds of reports about how much he had matured in the position, the amazing things that Chaney and Weinke had done with him, how much better he was than his sophomore year, and how the game had slowed down for him.
Show them. All I heard from coach Pruitt and staff last season were good reports, nothing about being great or playing his best ball, looking fantastic, none of that. As for improvement, yes coaches spoke of his improvement, and he did indeed improve parts of his game last season. I think the reports this year are far more encouraging, especially anytime you get anything at all positive from Pruitt. I think the neverJG crowd has never been right and I hope Pruitt, Weinke, Tee and JG prove it this upcoming season.

Show them. All I heard from coach Pruitt and staff last season were good reports, nothing about being great or playing his best ball, looking fantastic, none of that. As for improvement, yes coaches spoke of his improvement, and he did indeed improve parts of his game last season. I think the reports this year are far more encouraging, especially anytime you get anything at all positive from Pruitt. I think the neverJG crowd has never been right and I hope Pruitt, Weinke, Tee and JG prove it this upcoming season.
Look I’m pretty sure everyone would be happy if he came out and had improved since last season. No one doesn’t want that to happen. But after seeing bad to mediocre play the last few seasons, people doubt it will happen. I trust Pruitt to put the best QB on the field but JG has just been a frustrating qb to watch sometimes.

FYP...
Tennessee seeking breakthrough season from QB Guarantano
Tennessee seeking breakthrough season from QB Guarantano

Reactions: 08Vol
I swear with some of y’all JG could go 22-27 300 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 Int with a win.....and you’d still hear, “well if he hadn’t have overthrown that guy in the 2nd quarter we would’ve won by more.”

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I swear with some of y’all JG could go 22-27 300 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 Int with a win.....and you’d still hear, “well if he hadn’t have overthrown that guy in the 2nd quarter we would’ve won by more.”
I just don’t think that’s the case. Everybody that calls their self a Tennessee fan wants to see the kid be great if he’s the starter. Also mostly every Tennessee fan has seen enough of him in the last 3+ years to determine that he’s just not got that in him. I’ve said it before the kid is the definition of VFL and has done nothing off the field for fans to turn on him, he’s just not capable of being a big time QB

I just don’t think that’s the case. Everybody that calls their self a Tennessee fan wants to see the kid be great if he’s the starter. Also mostly every Tennessee fan has seen enough of him in the last 3+ years to determine that he’s just not got that in him. I’ve said it before the kid is the definition of VFL and has done nothing off the field for fans to turn on him, he’s just not capable of being a big time QB
The Mizzou game last year for example..

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back