Saturday Scrimmage Notes

While I do hope that BM plays amazingly well, if he plays.... I dont see him playing if he is listed at qb4. He might play if he is qb3 and the circumstances call for it. It would speak volumes about how the coaches view him if he ends up at qb4 tho. If HB manages to pass him this season... BM will most likely transfer. Are you just that much smarter than the coaches?
Back before Saban, Saban May have been getting asked this same question on a message board. Same with Belicheck and so on. The truthful answer to that that question for them back then would’ve been “yes”. Would you agree NOW? I’m not saying I’m any “smarter” but I can tell you I know him better and I know what I’m doing as well. I can tell you what to expect and I can tell them how to fix his problems. I can tell you all he needs is a HC to believe in him and he’ll make fools out of all of his doubters just as Aaron Rodgers did.

Back before Saban, Saban May have been getting asked this same question on a message board. Same with Belicheck and so on. The truthful answer to that that question for them back then would’ve been “yes”. Would you agree NOW? I’m not saying I’m any “smarter” but I can tell you I know him better and I know what I’m doing as well. I can tell you what to expect and I can tell them how to fix his problems. I can tell you all he needs is a HC to believe in him and he’ll make fools out of all of his doubters just as Aaron Rodgers did.
Oh my.

So you obviously think our coaches have no idea what they are doing.

Then why is BM qb3 possibly qb4?
Dude! Seriously..... I see what you’re doing. You’re trying to paint me into a corner to give out information that I’m not going to reveal. Read between the lines, stop trying to make me look incompetent and accept that not all things are as they seem. You’re being spoon fed.

Dude! Seriously..... I see what you’re doing. You’re trying to paint me into a corner to give out information that I’m not going to reveal. Read between the lines, stop trying to make me look incompetent and accept that not all things are as they seem. You’re being spoon fed.
lol dude, one thing I'm not doing is trying to get some kind of secret information from you. Nor am I being spoon fed anything by the coaches. How the hell am I being spoon fed by the coaches simply because word is that BM is qb4, maybe qb3? And I doubt you have any information on why BM is so far down the depth chart. It's some grand conspiracy against him, eh?

lol dude, one thing I'm not doing is trying to get some kind of secret information from you. Nor am I being spoon fed anything by the coaches. How the hell am I being spoon fed by the coaches simply because word is that BM is qb4, maybe qb3? And I doubt you have any information on why BM is so far down the depth chart. It's some grand conspiracy against him, eh?
Have you ever coached a football team Dusty? When there are questions about a certain position you don’t tell the media your every move or thought within that position in an effort to show your hand. That’s just plain stupid. What’s the ONE position we’ve heard the least about? Qb. What’s the ONE position we haven’t seen work AT ALL? Qb. What the most important position on the field? Qb. This is the same coach that withheld who his starter was going to be until game time once Maurer was healthy going into USCe, Alabama and UK last year. You think he changed that strategy to transparency? Do you really think Muschamp isn’t paying attention to our practice reports and digging for info the same way we are? As secretive as he’s been about the position it wouldn’t shock me if the one qb they’re talking the least about IS your unlikely starter or #2 off the bench if needed. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was listed as #4 on the DC and was the first off the bench if needed either. Idk what Pruitt is thinking but not showing his hand is just smart coaching and with coaches like him, everything we think we know can easily be just a mirage.

Have you ever coached a football team Dusty? When there are questions about a certain position you don’t tell the media your every move or thought within that position in an effort to show your hand. That’s just plain stupid. What’s the ONE position we’ve heard the least about? Qb. What’s the ONE position we haven’t seen work AT ALL? Qb. What the most important position on the field? Qb. This is the same coach that withheld who his starter was going to be until game time once Maurer was healthy going into USCe, Alabama and UK last year. You think he changed that strategy to transparency? Do you really think Muschamp isn’t paying attention to our practice reports and digging for info the same way we are? As secretive as he’s been about the position it wouldn’t shock me if the one qb they’re talking the least about IS your unlikely starter or #2 off the bench if needed. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was listed as #4 on the DC and was the first off the bench if needed either. Idk what Pruitt is thinking but not showing his hand is just smart coaching and with coaches like him, everything we think we know can easily be just a mirage.
A smoke screen!! SOON!!!!!!!!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He's probably number 4? JG is the starter.
Coaches know what they have in Maurer. Right now he's hurt. It makes sense to give Bailey or Shrout reps as #2...

It's really not that complicated.
He was fishing. No doubt about it

I can virtually guarantee he isn't. Stealing specific plays is one thing. I don't think any coach is hanging on the media's every word with how QBs are throwing in practice.

I can virtually guarantee he isn't. Stealing specific plays is one thing. I don't think any coach is hanging on the media's every word with how QBs are throwing in practice.
I don’t think you’re following what I was saying. We know JG is going to start. So does he. But If I’m Muschamp, I know how JG struggles at times and I know it’s a real possibility that he can be replaced. Especially after last year. So it would only be smart to prepare for whoever the reports say is in the lead for his back up as well. Right now that’s Shrout as far as we and/or Muschamp know according to reports. But preparing for Shrout is about the same as JG outside of maybe telling his secondary to hesitate to diagnose each play because JT will throw it downfield if he comes in.

If Muschamp prepares his defense for JG and Shrout and they throw Maurer out there it puts USCe in a very vulnerable position because they didn’t prepare for Maurers skill set. Thus wasted practices.

For one quarter.

I guess a team overplaying the run for one quarter and not respecting the pass but then shutting it down 3/4 of the game when they slightly respect the pass is lighting a fire now.

Lmao

It wasn't about his play between the lines... we had juice COMING OUT OF THE TUNNEL. Brian Maurer made everyone feel like we were turning the corner that night and the rest of the team kept playing well when Maurer started playing like a true freshman. If/when his physical abilities catch up with his leadership abilities, he'll be a very good QB.

Reactions: 1vol8
It wasn't about his play between the lines... we had juice COMING OUT OF THE TUNNEL. Brian Maurer made everyone feel like we were turning the corner that night and the rest of the team kept playing well when Maurer started playing like a true freshman. If/when his physical abilities catch up with his leadership abilities, he'll be a very good QB.
You done did it now! Lord help ya

And you will disappear again...for the same reason as last time.

Maurer will pass Gaurantano AGAIN.
Never disappeared and BM never passed JG. He was never the guy. He wasn't the permanent starter or future of the program.

He was a hail mary that fell incomplete.
Not saying that YOU have questioned me. In fact in that regard you’ve always been respectful and I appreciate that.

And out of respect I’ll tell you that’s it’s not that I’m biased. I’ve trained several qbs over the years and there are quite a few I don’t believe in to the extent of Brian for good reason. No qb that I’ve ever been around is as well rounded in skill as he is. UT got a good one and I originally just wanted everyone to be happy given the recent past of qb woes and not look too deep into rankings. However it manifested into a huge debate and gave me a reputation by defending what I know to be false. So I understand WHY I seem biased.

Now all that being said I have taken a personal approach to him which is also for good reason. I followed his recruiting and was personally involved. I witnessed him get robbed of rank despite his #1 rank in a state that’s always been rich in qb talent. I watched him get politically eliminated from Elite 11 MVP and read the reports that were bold faced lies to justify the results. I can go on but I’m not going to get into personal situations.
So it was all a big conspiracy to hold down one random high school qb from Fl?

Nah buddy. They all were evaluated on camp and season performances.

BM was not as talented as Salter, JG, HB etc were coming out.

He has potential though. He just has to work harder than the more naturally talented and more developed guys.

Right now he has a few guys to pass up. And then Salter is on the way. Its going to be a hard road to start another game at UT.

VN Store

Back