Sarah Fuller scored against the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team

I didn't expect someone to minimize the significance of this.

Dude...I raised 2 girls, wear pink without reservations, have had my toenails painted more than once. I've decorated birthday cakes, changed diapers, and dressed my girls for ballet recitals.

You think you are more man than me? Today I've worked cows, built a fire, told a boyfriend how it works when he didn't show my daughter the respect I demand. I got up at 330am today, will tomorrow, and Monday to provide for my girls.

So...no, I'm not emasculated. Never have been. Never will be.

You want man lessons? Look me up.

All that said...Sarah Fuller scored against the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team.
Would you like a party? Cuz that’s called doing your job as a parent. On the other hand, your daughters would probably be embarrassed of your incessant pissing & moaning about something that’s awesome for her and of little other significance to anyone else. Let it go, buddy. Lay off the alcohol, your immaturity is showing.

Nothing but a bad “woke” publicity stunt. If she’s so talented, why didn’t she kick the field goal? Because she would be exposed to this fraudulent stunt. So the guy that kicked the field goal couldn’t have made the extra point. Makes sense. Look for her to get an ESPY Award.

There are some funny things afoot for sure, but there is zero legit reason to disparage Sarah Fuller. Good on her!

Do I want her to get hurt? No
Do I think she is being used as a pawn? Yes

Do I care that "a girl" scored against us? Absolutely Not

She is already an SEC champion in her chosen sport. She adapted and got it done in a real game - on real TV with all the pressure that comes with it... albeit, yes it was a PAT. Her half-time chat that she advertised to the media would've gotten a first-game, fresh-meat Male Kicker beat all to hell. So... there is some sexism happening around all of this, but it shouldn't be coming from us.

Congratulations to her for leveraging the opportunity that was given her.

Couldn't care less. Now letting a wide receiver playing quarterback beat us with only 10 points at Kentucky in 2011 to end a 26 game win streak, now that's embarrassing.
There was a bad call by the refs even after the review.

I don’t expect her kicking an extra point is an embarrassment to anyone.

The Ky loss was.

Personally it does not “offend” me, as I am not easily “offended”. But I will say just as a matter of opinion, women have no place on the football field. They do not belong in pads and helmets. If you want to play a mans game, then act like a man. Don’t run off the field after a kickoff cuz you don’t want to get hurt. I’ve got no need for that, and it is purely a stunt. Shame on Vanderbilt for using her as a pawn. There is literally nothing to gain by pulling a stunt like this. And that’s exactly what it is, a stunt. If you believe anything different you’re just fooling yourself.

It is what it is....is it truly equal if it given to you cuz of your gender/race/religion???? It's about more then the game, I'm sorry your unable to see that

Here’s a hard life lesson to learn, life isn’t equal or fair. Opportunities are sometimes given to people based on luck and good timing. Peyton didn’t earn his starting spot his freshman year, he got it due to injury. Fuller got her spot due to injury and Covid protocol requiring any new football members requiring a waiting period to pass multiple Covid tests before they can join the team. Vandy’s soccer team had just finished the SEC tournament so Fuller had already cleared the SEC’s Covid waiting period.

Reactions: GAVol
She kicked a PAT. It’s really not much to be embarrassed about.

Exactly. Not taking anything from her, but a decent amount of us on this board could kick a PAT. I remember I was at a high school football game that had a contest at halftime where you kicked a PAT and you won a shirt. I remember most people being able to do it.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Nothing but a bad “woke” publicity stunt. If she’s so talented, why didn’t she kick the field goal? Because she would be exposed to this fraudulent stunt. So the guy that kicked the field goal couldn’t have made the extra point. Makes sense. Look for her to get an ESPY Award.

If HB is so talented why didn’t he start earlier in the year. Everyone knows freshmen can’t play at an SEC level. Pruitt playing HB is just a “woke” publicity stunt. So the guy that has been the starting QB the last 3 years couldn’t have started today. Makes sense.

If HB is so talented why didn’t he start earlier in the year. Everyone knows freshmen can’t play at an SEC level. Pruitt playing HB is just a “woke” publicity stunt. So the guy that has been the starting QB the last 3 years couldn’t have started today. Makes sense.
That was the dumbest thing i have read today. You attempt at being a smartass failed miserably.

Exactly. Not taking anything from her, but a decent amount of us on this board could kick a PAT. I remember I was at a high school football game that had a contest at halftime where you kicked a PAT and you won a shirt. I remember most people being able to do it.
About 3 years ago, I was at the CFB Hall of Fame and I shocked myself when I actually kicked one. The next morning I realized what a bad idea that was.

Here’s a hard life lesson to learn, life isn’t equal or fair. Opportunities are sometimes given to people based on luck and good timing. Peyton didn’t earn his starting spot his freshman year, he got it due to injury. Fuller got her spot due to injury and Covid protocol requiring any new football members requiring a waiting period to pass multiple Covid tests before they can join the team. Vandy’s soccer team had just finished the SEC tournament so Fuller had already cleared the SEC’s Covid waiting period.
100% true........luck and timing. Not gender or race or religion....but definitely just because someone needs a headline..

Dude, you need to grow up.

You gonna diss the female soldiers, marines, airmen, seamen, and coast guardsmen who are out there scoring for America's team, as well?

The only problem I have with all this is that people are making such a big deal of it. We as a society need to give up on the identity politics and just celebrate people as individuals when they do well.
I have no issues with female soldiers but I do have an issue when they lower standards to allow females to join...... I don’t have an issue with this kicker although it was nothing more than a publicity stunt....i wish the honor had been saved for a female that worked hard and earned a spot on P5 football team as a kicker.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I have no issues with female soldiers but I do have an issue when they lower standards to allow females to join...... I don’t have an issue with this kicker although it was nothing more than a publicity stunt....i wish the honor had been saved for a female that worked hard and earned a spot on P5 football team as a kicker.
I don't like changing standards either, Beast. Unless the standards were arbitrary to begin with and it hurts nothing to amend them. Then I don't mind.

As far as this kicker goes, no one changed any standards for her. The cross bar is still the same distance above the ground, the uprights are still the same distance apart, and the goal post hasn't moved. The refs didn't scooch her a couple yards closer, didn't make any defensive players move out of the way, no special treatment before or during the play at all.* She legitimately made an extra point. Just exactly like any guy would.

Still don't think we should be making a huge honking deal out of it. Pat her on the back, acknowledge that it's a good example for other young women who might want to play at the college level, and move on. Spending more time on it than that is simply identity politics at play, and that serves no one in the long run.

p.s. On second read, I noticed the bit you said about, "worked hard and earned a spot." And neither part of that makes sense to me. The only person who ever gets to decide who has "earned a spot" is the head coach. And since Vandy's head coaches (the one two weeks ago, and the one now) both have her on the roster, I'm guessing she met their standards for earning a spot. Who are you or I to say the head coach is wrong about that? As for working hard, my understanding is she's a pretty darn good soccer player, which means she's used to working her butt off. I don't think you'd have complained 90 years ago if Jim Thorpe joined the Carlisle Indian School football team without having to go through spring camp like the other fellas, because he was also a track star and was focused on that sport then. Sarah is no Jim Thorpe, but the circumstances of the two cases are pretty similar. I don't think she's a slacker. Do you, really?

* After the play was another matter. I've never seen a referee walk to the sideline in a college match specifically to hand a game ball to a player before. The ref yesterday did that. Since he wouldn't have for any other player but did for her, it's favoritism and has no place in the game. But that's no reflection on the player; just on the ref.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...UT and CJP should be embarrassed 'cause they didn't block the extra point? Let's not embellish this to the point of recording this event as she kicked the winning FG as time expired

NCAA needs to end this charade and ban females from playing football because it's the right thing to do, but that would take leadership.
Morten Andersen was in the league 25 years and made, like, 2 tackles in his entire career. You telling me a female can't do that? It's not like he was trying either:
With Dan Reeves, who came in after June, he was different but really was such a great players coach as well. We had a lot of fun. Dan gave me a nickname: “The Matador”. It happened on a kickoff when I was basically left to make a tackle on a guy, and I pretty much “ole’d” the guy and showed him the endzone. The guy went for a touchdown. So in the meeting on Monday, Dan shows the play of course. Lots of expletives. Basically he called me out, said “What are you doing?”
So I replied: “You don’t pay me to do that.”
He immediately flicked the lights on, and said “see me in my office after this meeting, and your name is now The Matador.”
Everybody in the room started chanting “ole!”, the whole team. (Laughs)
So, I did go to his office. He said: “You can’t say that in front of the team. I know I don’t pay you to make tackles, but I had to do that in front of the whole team. I can’t treat you differently than anyone else.”
I said: “I know coach. You and I both know you pay me to put it through the uprights, not lay the wood on guys that are twice as big as me. I’m not worth a lot to you if I’m on the sideline in a cast.”
He goes, “well, you got a good point there.”
And if you knew my shoulderpads--they were Kenny Stabler’s old shoulderpads, they were tiny. You’d break your collarbone trying to make a tackle.

At least someone on Vandy’s team is having fun, and since she hasn’t had to suffer the full train wreck of a season they’ve endured she can just enjoy her time in the limelight while the rest of them mope on the sidelines.

Uh, You aren’t exactly a logical thinker

VN Store

Back