Sara Puckett commits!

a40486f896b31851e8e199acaf565605.gif

Please allow me to translate:

"And yet, despite the look on my face, you continue to mess with me." Maybe Darth don't like to be messed with?
you new here?
Darth lives to be messed with, noticed, fought with,,aggravating, etc, etc

It looks like Puckett is a nice player...but 30% from 3 is nothing to get excited about. The other parts of her game...fine...but 30% from 3 would be frustrating as heck to watch.

Reactions: glv98 and mcannon1
I also watched her when the ball started going into Jordan's hands more,,,instead of fighting for her job, I saw "quit" and relenquishment
Wait, who was fighting for a job? This gaslighting revisionist history is incredible. There's tape of last season, you know? One of those two players had to fight for, and indeed was relieved of, her starting job. But it was not Jaz. Quit? Relenquish? WTF? Never once did I feel Jaz starting spot was in the slightest jeopardy.
what I do think is she got used to a pampering coach in CHW and then played for a demanding coach in Coach K and it may have rattlled her driv
Hmm, wonder how lazy, wanna be pampered Jaz made one to the most notable improvements in LV history last summer under demanding coach KJH after her comfort coach left?
don't believe in the concept of "over recruiting" as some cardinal sin. Ev
Agree, especially as transfers are made easier, coaches have to plan for attrition. Going to be tough decisions all around.
It looks like Puckett is a nice player...but 30% from 3 is nothing to get excited about. The other parts of her game...fine...but 30% from 3 would be frustrating as heck to watch.
Good post, I agree. I'm fairly sure there's still an option for continuing to watch and hoping to get a 3 pt shooter above 30%. Its an often-identified need of our team which does not look to have definitely been filled. We are eternally hopeful for a long range gunner but have been thru a series of disappointments the last few teams. So yeah, I'll watch for it.

Last edited:
Man...all I do is post that 30 % shooting from 3 is frustrating to watch and I get "then don't watch". You over the top sunshine pumpers are not even logical and you run from any reasonable discussion. "Vols are best at everything. Yippee". Geez. What are we supposed to say? Puckett is the best recruit in the history of basketball. Fine you weirdos.

Geez. What are we supposed to say? Puckett is the best recruit in the history of basketball. Fine you weirdos.
Yes. Now you're getting it. Say this, then quickly follow with every player who ever leaves is a complete bum. Even though you swore they were the best recruit in history just a few years ago. Sunshine pumping accomplished.

Wait, who was fighting for a job? This gaslighting revisionist history is incredible. There's tape of last season, you know? One of those two players had to fight for, and indeed was relieved of, her starting job. But it was not Jaz. Quit? Relenquish? WTF? Never once did I feel Jaz starting spot was in the slightest jeopardy.

Hmm, wonder how lazy, wanna be pampered Jaz made one to the most notable improvements in LV history last summer under demanding coach KJH after her comfort coach left?

Agree, especially as transfers are made easier, coaches have to plan for attrition. Going to be tough decisions all around.

Good post, I agree. I'm fairly sure there's still an option for continuing to watch and hoping to get a 3 pt shooter above 30%. Its an often-identified need of our team which does not look to have definitely been filled. We are eternally hopeful for a long range gunner but have been thru a series of disappointments the last few teams. So yeah, I'll watch for it.
who cares about Jasmine...... you are with us or against us and she chose to be against....it’s not like we lost a stud.... she averaged 6.5 PPG 4.7 reb and 4.1 assists..... as for Sara.... what was her official shooting % from 3pt, gg, and FT?

“I chose Tennessee because I can just see myself playing there,” Puckett said. “I have a great relationship with all their staff and I want to play for Coach Harper. She has a blueprint for the program and I very much want to be a part of that. I just know it is where I am supposed to be.”

SEC faithful will get a Maci Morris (Kentucky grad) like feel from Puckett when she arrives next summer. Puckett is a prospect who could potentially help any program in the country without exception, a realization we saw first hand working with her last fall at the Coach Hemi Showcase. Her rise over the past 18 months compares to Morris’ ascent at the tail end of her high school career. Right now, Puckett is a more consistent shooter, playmaker and defender than Morris was at the same stage. That said, Puckett is a unique combo type at the forward position long term.

Puckett To Lady Vols | Prospects Nation

FWIW, Maci Morris was 1st-team All-SEC last year.

“I chose Tennessee because I can just see myself playing there,” Puckett said. “I have a great relationship with all their staff and I want to play for Coach Harper. She has a blueprint for the program and I very much want to be a part of that. I just know it is where I am supposed to be.”

SEC faithful will get a Maci Morris (Kentucky grad) like feel from Puckett when she arrives next summer. Puckett is a prospect who could potentially help any program in the country without exception, a realization we saw first hand working with her last fall at the Coach Hemi Showcase. Her rise over the past 18 months compares to Morris’ ascent at the tail end of her high school career. Right now, Puckett is a more consistent shooter, playmaker and defender than Morris was at the same stage. That said, Puckett is a unique combo type at the forward position long term.
Puckett To Lady Vols | Prospects Nation

FWIW, Maci Morris was 1st-team All-SEC last year.
Solid pickup for the Lady Vols. Thisss class definitely shaping up to be top 5 for 2021.

VN Store

Back