Sara Puckett commits!

It simply shows a pattern of continual improvement under her leadership. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that we are becoming a mid-major! Simply that she has the ability to help players improve, which ultimately makes a team better.
she took good talent and coached them above their stature, if she does the same with higher level talent, , , , well>

Title contenders for a mid major conference? Are we being serious here? I’m not discrediting KJ at all but getting excited about our team becoming a mid major title contender is not acceptable. I do have an optimistic outlook that things will turn around hopefully , but I’m not sold 100% sorry
How wonderful it would be if it was so easy for coaches who had to success in the mid majors to simply repeat that success in major conferences. Transitive property thinking at it's best.

Reactions: mcannon1
He's not a UT fan... what some of us have been saying all along!

I decided a while back that Darth is one of two people. 1. A very strange man who lives in his mother’s basement and secretly trolls VolNation with a devlish sense of purpose 2. Geno Auriemma.

Last edited:
Very, very happy to welcome Sara on board the Lady Vol Express! Have been impressed with this young lady ever since first hearing about her.

With Karoline, Kaiya, and Sara joining forces, the 2021 class is shaping up as a special group. A couple more puzzle pieces could make them a memorable collection of names to add to the legendary locker room post...and some team banners in the rafters.

Thanks for picking us, Sara! :):):):cool::cool:

No, it’s not uninformed. Throughout the season last year, she worked less and less. Others saw it and agree.
Are you on the coaching staff? Do you know her? Do you know if she was injured, or going through something emotionally, or are you just pulling stuff out of your butt? I never saw her not work hard. It’s a misinformed opinion. Period.

Four high school All Americans (after Green's injury) and two more top 50 recruits? That's rough...
Good point but what I had in mind was that the elite status we used to enjoy under Pat had disappeared. That is going to take some time to bring back.

I really don’t get all the negativity on this board toward Kelly. Haven’t we had enough of that in football over the past 13 years. Let’s give her 4-5 years before casting the stones and bringing the torches and pitchforks out of the barn.

Good point but what I had in mind was that the elite status we used to enjoy under Pat had disappeared. That is going to take some time to bring back.

I really don’t get all the negativity on this board toward Kelly. Haven’t we had enough of that in football over the past 13 years. Let’s give her 4-5 years before casting the stones and bringing the torches and pitchforks out of the barn.

It's worse than an old Godzilla or Gamera movie,,,but it is what it is when you coach in a high profile setting.

I have much more faith in Coach K than I had in her predecessor CHW because Kellie Jolly was taught to lead and to win under Pat Summitt,,,CHW was taught to follow a great leader...A whole different set of instructions were passed down from the great one

Are you on the coaching staff? Do you know her? Do you know if she was injured, or going through something emotionally, or are you just pulling stuff out of your butt? I never saw her not work hard. It’s a misinformed opinion. Period.
Dogmatic arguments are flawed.

Yes, it's a highlight reel, so we can expect to see only the best moments. But those moments do demonstrate some nice assets:

1. Rebounding: Nose for the ball, good box outs, good length reaching for long rebounds.

2. Passing: Unselfish; good court vision; good outlet passes and accuracy passing on the break.

3. Shooting: No hesitation; confident; good form; great stroke from FT line; nice range.

4. Movement: cuts to basket without ball; finds seams in defense. Agile.

5. Ball handling: Confident; smooth; secure; controlled but fluid.

Would like to see more footage of defensive work (aside from rebounding).

Puckett is the two-time reigning TimesDaily 4A-7A player of the year. This past season, the junior averaged 20.3 points, 11.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game and led the Trojans (20-11) to a second consecutive appearance in the Class 6A Northwest Regional in Hanceville.

Puckett joined the varsity as a seventh-grader and has expanded her skill set annually. She blocked 49 shots, altered plenty more and made 65 steals last season. She frequently handles the ball against pressure, shot 30% from 3-point range last season and has worked to improve her defense against guards. With one season remaining, Puckett has 1,830 points and 963 rebounds in her Muscle Shoals career.
https://www.timesdaily.com/sports/c...cle_d1df8d42-0725-589c-ba87-342850c0d091.html[/QUOTE
Great pickup. This class is coming along nicely. All that's missing is a solid PG.
My nephew is a coach (Different sport) at MS has been telling me was the real deal. Easy to coach and a hard worker. He’s very happy for her decision. Said we wouldn’t be disappointed in her.

No, it’s not uninformed. Throughout the season last year, she worked less and less. Others saw it and agree.

I was at games and definitely saw less haste and urgency as the season went on in Jaz.

I also watched her when the ball started going into Jordan's hands more,,,instead of fighting for her job, I saw "quit" and relenquishment

I don't agree that she is as good as she will get, that is up to her present coach

what I do think is she got used to a pampering coach in CHW and then played for a demanding coach in Coach K and it may have rattlled her drive.

VN Store

Back