Sara Puckett commits!

None of us really know why Jaz left. In an interview she said it had nothing to do with Kellie or her staff and she had nothing bad to say about them. It’s unfair to say “she didn’t want to be coached”. I think Matthew Mitchell will coach her and will reach her potential. Why do we have to bash kids who want to move on. She’s not Evina and family who trashed UT at every turn. She’s a kid who wanted to move on. Lead with kindness.
I’m not trashing Jazz. It’s just my opinion that she’s as good as she’s going to get.

Kellie is getting the best players out of Alabama like Bear Bryant used to get the best FB players out of Tennessee!

Reactions: Only1COJ
very excited for Kelly and Sara! Very excited for everyone!
P.S. I read a lot on here rarely post or even log in but I have always wondered why people and posts are not banned from this site. I wish it were moderated more. And yes this is my first post. The ignorance forced me to get off the sidelines.
Welcome aboard. I didn't join myself until last year when there was a coaching change. I just happened to stumble on volnation at that time. Purely coincidence. This fall looks exciting 😍 times for Lady Vols basketball.

I think it is certainly less priority than Pats day but Phil put up with Holly one season too long and I think Kellie will do well enough that he will not have to worry about it for a while.
Always thought if we had a coaching change 1 year earlier we wouldn't have had so many problems. Kellie has done well to straighten up a bad mess.

Always thought if we had a coaching change 1 year earlier we wouldn't have had so many problems. Kellie has done well to straighten up a bad mess.

I feel the same. That last season was an absolute courtesy to Holly from Fulmer. He gave her one last chance to throw the Hail Mary and she got sacked. It should have been done after 17-18. Timing is everything though. If it happens that year; who knows who our coach would be. Kellie didn’t make her Sweet 16 run until the next year. Her stock definitely wouldn’t have been as high.

Reactions: Amb3096 and Chippo
I feel the same. That last season was an absolute courtesy to Holly from Fulmer. He gave her one last chance to throw the Hail Mary and she got sacked. It should have been done after 17-18. Timing is everything though. If it happens that year; who knows who our coach would be. Kellie didn’t make her Sweet 16 run until the next year. Her stock definitely wouldn’t have been as high.
You're right, things have a way of happening.
No telling what the end result would have been with a different coach. So far it has seemed to work out for the best.

Good post. Timing has seemed to work out
in this case.

I’m not trashing Jazz. It’s just my opinion that she’s as good as she’s going to get.
That’s not what you said, you said “she didn’t want to be coached” that’s an uninformed opinion about a kid you don’t know. You’re insinuating she didn’t want to be pushed or work hard. Grow up!

Reactions: glv98 and Amb3096
Here is a game when Puckett was a sophomore. She scores 17 in the first quarter and 29 in 24 minutes in the entire game. As far as I could count she had 7 rebounds and 6 assist and hit 2 of 5 three point attempts.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post the video and I'm fully onboard with the likes you should be getting from everyone who launches it from this site. Just one thing, it would be really helpful if we knew the color of jersey or players number so we can key in on her at the beginning.

That’s not what you said, you said “she didn’t want to be coached” that’s an uninformed opinion about a kid you don’t know. You’re insinuating she didn’t want to be pushed or work hard. Grow up!
No, it’s not uninformed. Throughout the season last year, she worked less and less. Others saw it and agree.

Reactions: gule
Welcome aboard. I didn't join myself until last year when there was a coaching change. I just happened to stumble on volnation at that time. Purely coincidence. This fall looks exciting 😍 times for Lady Vols basketball.
Thank you and the others for the nice welcoming. I am very excited about this new era as well!!

They were title contenders and winners in their conference. Good gosh give her more than a year.
Title contenders for a mid major conference? Are we being serious here? I’m not discrediting KJ at all but getting excited about our team becoming a mid major title contender is not acceptable. I do have an optimistic outlook that things will turn around hopefully , but I’m not sold 100% sorry

Reactions: mcannon1
Title contenders for a mid major conference? Are we being serious here? I’m not discrediting KJ at all but getting excited about our team becoming a mid major title contender is not acceptable. I do have an optimistic outlook that things will turn around hopefully , but I’m not sold 100% sorry
It simply shows a pattern of continual improvement under her leadership. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that we are becoming a mid-major! Simply that she has the ability to help players improve, which ultimately makes a team better.

Not just any mid major program. This mid major is rich in tradition with two final four births and a strong following. No one has to be sold. But people need to be realistic on how much time she will need because of what she inherited.

Reactions: Indianafan

VN Store

Back