Sad news for Lopez

Wasn't Pops' injury also ACL? 2 ACL injuries in a 3 month span? That's crazy. Hate it for those guys obviously, but holding my breath now on guys like Richardson, Hubbs etc.

We have no idea what the circumstances were, and an ACL can typically be a freak injury that could happen to anyone. However this sort of thing makes me start to wonder a little about or new S&C coach. It'll be something to keep an eye on.

Maybe, I think Bonds is a better PG if we're simply talking scout team needs.
Wrong, again! You insist on denying he could have ever been the starter! "Obviously this is a huge blow to our team, as Brandon had worked himself into a position where he was competing for a starting role," UT head coach Donnie Tyndall said. "It's very disappointing for our team, but it's even more disappointing for a great young man who has worked extremely hard this off-season. Brandon's positive attitude and upbeat mentality will get him through this tough time." This is a killer blow to the team!!

SD by Lopez's bedside consoling him....and still thinks he has an outside chance of starting on one leg.

In all seriousness, that sucks for BL. Sucks to get hurt your senior year when you had a legit chance of seeing somewhat meaningful game action outside of the final 1:30 of a blowout.

Reactions: 1 person
We have no idea what the circumstances were, and an ACL can typically be a freak injury that could happen to anyone. However this sort of thing makes me start to wonder a little about or new S&C coach. It'll be something to keep an eye on.

Right, that's all I was really saying, we start seeing more of these and it'll be a major issue.

Wrong, again! You insist on denying he could have ever been the starter! "Obviously this is a huge blow to our team, as Brandon had worked himself into a position where he was competing for a starting role," UT head coach Donnie Tyndall said. "It's very disappointing for our team, but it's even more disappointing for a great young man who has worked extremely hard this off-season. Brandon's positive attitude and upbeat mentality will get him through this tough time." This is a killer blow to the team!!

I know this must be a tough time for you man, just know, it's ok to cry.

My first thought, but Bonds thing was in the works for a while. I think this forced them to release the info earlier than planned. jmofwiw

I've had 3 friends in the past year tear an ACL playing pick-up ball. It just happens sometimes.

I know this must be a tough time for you man, just know, it's ok to cry.
Just call me the new guru of Tennessee basketball! The kid never had a chance according to most of you. Sad! My bet is now that Coach T has spoken he would have been the starting PG against VCU. Now we are back to square 1!

Just call me the new guru of Tennessee basketball! The kid never had a chance according to most of you. Sad! My bet is now that Coach T has spoken he would have been the starting PG against VCU. Now we are back to square 1!

And to think, you promised us all he was gonna get minutes this year, you and those damn fabrications :crazy:

several of bto's posts make it appear he is happy this has happened. Nothing like talking **** to other posters when a local kid has his career jeopardized.
And he'll deny it, but read several posts and a tad of giddiness is evident. And ridiculous.

Reactions: 4 people

Yep, this S&C coach has had years to strengthen those ACLs. I'd say replace him NOW!!! He should have paid more attention to Pops... I blame it all on the S&C coach. Pops should sue!!!

several of bto's posts make it appear he is happy this has happened. Nothing like talking **** to other posters when a local kid has his career jeopardized.
And he'll deny it, but read several posts and a tad of giddiness is evident. And ridiculous.

Same thing I was thinking but I wasn't gonna say it

Regardless of whether or not Lopez was going to play, this sucks. In his mind, you know he thought he was going to have a shot. I did read where Rucker said he wants to be a coach. If so, maybe he can begin to work on the next phase in his life.

Reactions: 1 person
Regardless of whether or not Lopez was going to play, this sucks. In his mind, you know he thought he was going to have a shot. I did read where Rucker said he wants to be a coach. If so, maybe he can begin to work on the next phase in his life.

Heck give him some role at ut he is a vfl without a doubt

a few here have had this injury that sent us in a different direction. Mine sent me from playing at small time Millsaps to going to UT with a couple of friends, just to get away from Memphis/Mississippi area as I sulked like a beatch. I met my now best friends and wife of 20 years at UT and have no regrets about the injury and feel blessed that it happened and changed my life path.
I feel for the kid today. It has me in a bad mood because I know he is devastated psychologically right now.

a few here have had this injury that sent us in a different direction. Mine sent me from playing at small time Millsaps to going to UT with a couple of friends, just to get away from Memphis/Mississippi area as I sulked like a beatch. I met my now best friends and wife of 20 years at UT and have no regrets about the injury and feel blessed that it happened and changed my life path.
I feel for the kid today. It has me in a bad mood because I know he is devastated psychologically right now.

Totally agree with all of this. Made me realize there's much more to life than playing ball

Sucks he got hurt his senior year. If he wants to coach maybe he can use this as a chance to learn from the staff some maybe even come back next season as a grad assistant.

You have serious issues, or an agenda then. I was poking at SD a littl, but that shouldn't be confused with my sympathy for Lopez. He's a great kid, and has wanted to play for Tennessee since he was a kid, would love to see him be a GA or something.

Cite those posts you speak of.

VN Store

Back