Saban Retiring?

Saban will adapt because he has the culture and program running like a machine… he stated that his players police each other and work hard… he is not going anywhere any time soon. I like CJH a lot tho and I think we will be very competitive with Bama during his tenure.

wish i knew what to think of this --- still dont think it'll make livin in tuskaloser county any more bearable

If he wins it all this year that would give him 7 nattys at Bama which would surpass Bear’s 6. He would have 8 total counting the one he won at LSU unless he wants more rings than John Wooden and Phil Jackson I don’t think there is really much more can he can accomplish.

Reactions: Zues1
Well this wouldn't make sense then lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-223915_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-223915_Samsung Internet.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 26
Saban is not going to retire anytime soon! Go back and look at his face from winning the SEC Championship he loves it too much. When it comes to the transfer portal and NIL he is handling it like a boss. Remember when he said at SEC media his qb was already in with something like 6 figures worth of deals....yeah that really hurt his team didn't it. He has a team/culture that is tough to defeat. He continues to land guys out of the transfer portal that are impacts...the WR out of Ohio State and just recently the 5 star DB from LSU....as long as their is recruiting and football Saban isn't going anywhere.

Saban will adapt because he has the culture and program running like a machine… he stated that his players police each other and work hard… he is not going anywhere any time soon. I like CJH a lot tho and I think we will be very competitive with Bama during his tenure.
I agree. He has already spoke about changing from a defense 1st approach to opening up the offense as the college game changed. He will not allow his ego to get in the way of winning. Very few coaches do that. Very fewer coaches have had his type of success either.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
The next domino to fall will be academic requirements for athletes. The facade of "student athlete" will be dropped entirely.
If that drops then everything changes. Ncaa will have no problems mandating and keeping that requirement. They will have to keep control someway otherwise you will have 30 year old men playing college ball.

If that drops then everything changes. Ncaa will have no problems mandating and keeping that requirement. They will have to keep control someway otherwise you will have 30 year old men playing college ball.
How are you going to tell a player making 5-6 figures of NIL money that he needs to be at a 7:30 am civics class? NIL has already changed everything.

When the courts declare players are employees of the schools, not students, then it's over for the NCAA/school "student athlete" model.

The courts are almost there now. When that happens it's over for the NCAA and schools because they'll have to deal with a player's union, negotiated salaries for players, and all the things a pro league deals with.

Smaller schools will be screwed. Schools like TN will probably look to sell/lease the brand, stadium, name, etc but the teams will be open pro leagues at that point.

If he wins it all this year that would give him 7 nattys at Bama which would surpass Bear’s 6. He would have 8 total counting the one he won at LSU unless he wants more rings than John Wooden and Phil Jackson I don’t think there is really much more can he can accomplish.
I've said this for some time. Once he passes Bryant there really is nothing else.

When the courts declare players are employees of the schools, not students, then it's over for the NCAA/school "student athlete" model.

The courts are almost there now. When that happens it's over for the NCAA and schools because they'll have to deal with a player's union, negotiated salaries for players, and all the things a pro league deals with.

Smaller schools will be screwed. Schools like TN will probably look to sell/lease the brand, stadium, name, etc but the teams will be open pro leagues at that point.
shownme a precedent set where a company doesn’t pay the student and is held responsible for that non employee. Schools don’t pay the kids.

Well, he's got 10 fingers so....:(

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back