Saban Retiring?

Just signed a new contract right before the season started. Sure, anything could change and he’s not financially penalized from retiring, but how would some dude on an Iowa board be privy to such information related to Saban’s retirement? Maybe if it were an illness it MIGHT go down like this, but I suspect this is nothing.

Edit: Realized poster just copied and pasted article. Still don’t think it’s legit and author just throwing out bait.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
He will retire when he realizes he can’t coach the same when NIL takes full force. New kind of recruiting tactics. Can’t coach them hard. Especially if they are making millions. Must treat players differently.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and tbh
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call this fake news.

Just don't see it happening. Unless of course, he has been diagnosed with something (cancer, etc) and has held off on announcing until after the season.

Saban just seems like one of those guys who would die pretty quickly without being a football coach.

Based on prior evidence, whether you like him or not, Saban and his staff have been the best at figuring out recruiting, playoffs, and anything else thrown at them. I’m pretty sure they can, and will, figure out the transfer portal and NIL.
He will have to change how he treats the players who are making silly money. Money makes some folks more important. Like an nfl team.

Based on prior evidence, whether you like him or not, Saban and his staff have been the best at figuring out recruiting, playoffs, and anything else thrown at them. I’m pretty sure they can, and will, figure out the transfer portal and NIL.
He has gotten the top offensive player and top defensive player in the portal to this point. Rumored to get top lsu wr boutae? Just throw the money at them

Good Lord, I guess we are going to have to listen to the "Saban to hang it up" rumors every six months or so. I would guess that Nicky will die in the saddle or retire when he discovers a major illness. Why on earth would he step down? He has the life he dreamed of and is loved by all in his circle. I'd guess it's several years before this happens.

Everything I've ever heard or read about Nick Saban leads me to believe that coaching football is his life's passion. I have always thought he would never retire on his own volition. I see him as a Bear Bryant / Vince Lombardi type. You never know what family priorities could develop to derivate his priorities; however, I'm not buying that article. I'm watching Sunday night football right now. Al Michaels announcing his retirement during a football game would rival Howard Cosell's announcement of John Lennon's death on MNF.

If they win the NC again this year, I could see it possibly happening. He has nothing else to prove and retiring after winning it again this year would have him going out on top.
If all it takes for Saban to retire is win the Championship this year. Roll Tide!
I just threw up a little bit.

VN Store

Back