Saban no longer talking NIL

It’s called a message board. You discuss topics. That’s what I’m doing. How you find me doing that as having “control issues” is quite literally fascinating.

See? Now that is a post that insulted no one, was only mildly snarky, and did not question anyone's intentions or intelligence. Good job!!

But then..........

I take this back. It just further illustrates how much people don’t want to read.

Aww, man. You were so close to a post that didn't insult anyone or question their intelligence. Then you had to come back with this.

I'm not giving up hope for you, everyone is capable of change.

See? Now that is a post that insulted no one, was only mildly snarky, and did not question anyone's intentions or intelligence. Good job!!

But then..........

Aww, man. You were so close to a post that didn't insult anyone or question their intelligence. Then you had to come back with this.

I'm not giving up hope for you, everyone is capable of change.
Triggered again. By just being honest. It really is too easy with you.

Last edited:
Triggered again. By just being honest. It really is too easy with you.

Trust me. Not triggered. Just having a REALLY good time. :cool::D

It is funny that you equate "honest" with insulting. Probably a lot to unpack there.

OP aside, it will be interesting to see how NIL changes things. The cheating apparatus in Bama may be neutralized to an extent with player deals out in the open now, but it’s a little early to tell.

I would love to see the irony of the Bama faithful complain about it when 5-stars aren’t being stacked 3 deep at every position, and Saban bemoaning that fact. But we aren’t there, at least yet.

I think what we saw with Texas A&M last year was eye opening and with more schools getting on that train the elite talent will be spread more thin in the future.

Trust me. Not triggered. Just having a REALLY good time. :cool::D

It is funny that you equate "honest" with insulting. Probably a lot to unpack there.
Not really. You can’t take criticism. That’s all to unpack. You’re welcome

Not really. You can’t take criticism. That’s all to unpack. You’re welcome

See?? That was mildly snarky, but no where near as insulting as your usual tone. I am really starting to have hope for you.

The whole 'insulting = honest' paradigm you have going on might just be fixable. Keep at it.....you're doing really well!

See?? That was mildly snarky, but no where near as insulting as your usual tone. I am really starting to have hope for you.

The whole 'insulting = honest' paradigm you have going on might just be fixable. Keep at it.....you're doing really well!
Can you get new material?

OP aside, it will be interesting to see how NIL changes things. The cheating apparatus in Bama may be neutralized to an extent with player deals out in the open now, but it’s a little early to tell.

I would love to see the irony of the Bama faithful complain about it when 5-stars aren’t being stacked 3 deep at every position, and Saban bemoaning that fact. But we aren’t there, at least yet.

I think what we saw with Texas A&M last year was eye opening and with more schools getting on that train the elite talent will be spread more thin in the future.
Bamas got the boosters willing to spend. And with saban in control they dont have to worry about the booster dynamic ruining a program *cough*Haslam*cough*

The OP made a good point. He misused a few words to make it seem like he was talking about a whole another topic.

In response to this topic, it’s true that Saban is bitter since now, other programs are able to make offers to players in a legal way.

He supposedly “stopped recruiting” Nico Lamaleava due to not wanting to get into a bidding war for his top QB target. However, it was perfectly ok to give Bryce Young One Million dollars without taking a snap in a Bama uniform.

No doubt Saban is a great coach but his sour grapes over the NIL deal makes it really hard to like the guy. Get over it.

This is a whole new level playing field.

Reactions: onevol74
He supposedly “stopped recruiting” Nico Lamaleava due to not wanting to get into a bidding war for his top QB target. However, it was perfectly ok to give Bryce Young One Million dollars without taking a snap in a Bama uniform.

You might want to check the accuracy of the bold.

You might want to check the accuracy of the bold.

I have no idea of the accuracy of that, but your post made me curious. As a Bama fan, why do you think Saban is pushing against collectives? If any school has that mastered already, and could easily shift to the new system without missing a beat, it's Bama. No snark there, it is the way many schools have managed 'perks' of recruiting in the past, basically having boosters cooperate in enticing recruits to attend their school. Bama has just been very, very good at it.

Instead, Saban seems to be trying to strike a purist tone, advocating one-one NIL deals with a logical product/service tie in. Is he posturing? Is he trying to nip the collectives in the bud at least for schools just getting into the trade? Does he think Bama could be outbid in the future? With the Texas schools, California schools, and Oregon having boosters with seemingly endless resources for collectives, that is a possibility, but schools like Bama, Tennessee, LSU, etc have plenty of hyper-wealthy alums to compete.

Honestly interested in your view.

VN Store

Back