Rumors flying

I do agree on that, but how much more would that have fractured the fan base? There is a certain segment of the fan base that don't like Phil and blames him for this mess.
Considering Currie was part of the team to force him out, the fan base would have sided with Phil as the Haslam, Hamilton, Currie wing did a bang up job since forcing Phil out

There is no way they're bringing in Peyton Manning for anything other than a pep talk and tell us all how Pruitt is the guy. I believe he's told us 2 or 3 of the last failures were the guy too. Imagine in fantasy land they actually did hire Manning as OC. His offense kicks butt, Pruitt's defense is still stuck in the mud. The fire Pruitt threads would be epic. That's why they won't hire anyone high profile to come in and upstage Pruitt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steven5198
Although it didn’t work out, wasn’t Bob Shoop considered a “top flight coach” when he was hired by UT?

Yes. That's why trust and relationship matters. Those in leadership understand that talent and trust are important to successful teams.

Considering we're on the outside looking in none of us know the real story of any of it including yourself.

Doesn’t let minor details slip him up.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Behr
My friend that is in Knoxville says that the word is that Payton Manning May be in Knoxville before New Years.
Also is hearing that the former Texas Tech coach may be interviewed before New Years.
Sthu troll.

Your “friend” is reaallyyy locked in here. “Payton” Manning, which is the dumbest suggestion every time we have a coaching search. And Kliff Kingsbury will be interviewed in the next 6 weeks. Lol. Wow. He’s really got the inside scoop. Realllyyy appreciate you sharing these earth shattering inside info nuggets.

Last edited:
Lol. Peyton Manning would be an awesome hire. Unfortunate that I never ever see it happening.....

Talk about bringing the fan base together.....
You've been on here long enough to know that not even Peyton could bring this fan base together.. By the time the Orange- White spring game rolls around a couple of idiots on here will be dogging him..

Sthu troll.

Your “friend” is reaallyyy locked in here. “Payton” Manning, which is the dumbest suggestion every time we have a coaching search. And Kliff Kingsbury will be interviewed in the next 6 weeks. Lol. Wow. He’s really got the inside scoop. Realllyyy appreciate you sharing these earth shattering inside info nuggets.
Ground breaking isn't it?!?? This is coming from the guy in August that said we would go 10-2 and put up record numbers on offense and defense.

I'm an idiot but I know we will have someone hired by early signing. No way they wait past then to make a hire and these EE offensive recruits not knowing who it will be.

Orange I never know when to believe you about anything. I like your pep. But, I’m just going to sit and listen.

Also, is there a reason Pruitt isn’t pushing to name an OC before the early signing period?

Don’t be in a rush to announce a disappointing hire?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
My friend that is in Knoxville says that the word is that Payton Manning May be in Knoxville before New Years.
Also is hearing that the former Texas Tech coach may be interviewed before New Years.
I’m gonna ignore this since you can’t spell the most popular player Tn has ever had names correctly or even name the other coach you’re referring to. Talk about pulling s**t out ya @ss

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Although it didn’t work out, wasn’t Bob Shoop considered a “top flight coach” when he was hired by UT?

Shoop's problems had nothing to do with his ability to coach. It had to do with:
--No run stopper on the DL
--No speed rusher at DE
--Worst linebackers in UT history
--Worst cornerbacks in UT history
--Only one safety who had the ability to play in the SEC but he didn't know where to line up most of the time
--And as bad as the starters were, there was no depth.

Shoop was very successful at Vandy and Penn State before he got here and this year at Miss State, his defense led the nation in TDs allowed. That's how bad the talent level is at Tennessee right now.

The collection of players on Tennessee's offense are just as bad at this time. Steve Spurrier couldn't be succesful with this group. It's gonna take time.

VN Store

Back