Rumor: Ty Chandler entering transfer portal

Don't know if it is true, but would not shock me. Ty was one I thought of when this portal business started a couple of weeks ago.

We could throw 6-8 other names out there who are in a similar boat.

It hurts the team depth-wise, but some upperclass guys are unhappy when freshmen get into their playing time.

To'o-To'o emerging contributed to Ignort moving on.

The nature of the beast.

I was never really impressed with Ty, frankly...

Tim Jordan made a better impression on me...and Gray’s last game > ANYTHING Jordan & Chandler achieved...COMBINED!

Per some chatter on TOS and Twitter... May explain why he didn’t play against Vandy. Must have been hinting at it or telling folks he was gonna transfer last week.
Ugh all these kids transferring that could be part of something special next year to play one year. He’s not going pro.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I like Eric Gray. I think he can do great things in the future. But he has had exactly one good game for us. As of right now, Ty Chandler is the most proven back on the team and is still a very good player. We also have three RBs on the team. Every one of them will see plenty of playing time in 2020.

Because this seems like such a terrible move for Ty, I’m choosing to believe it’s Grumors.

Bad news if true. I still think he's the best RB on the roster; albeit him, Gray, and Jordan are not that far apart.

That said, his limited usage this year may have hurt his NFL prospects somewhat, so I could see him wanting to go elsewhere. This might also explain why we suddenly want 2 RBs this recruiting cycle.

We need as many kids like chandler as possible. You never know when they’ll have a game where the matchups work out well and it’ll all clicks. Chandler has break away speed. I do feel like we could’ve gotten both he and Eric Grey the ball our in space more this past season. I hope if he is unhappy Pruitt can sit down with him and convince ce him to stick it out here as opposed to completely starting over somewhere else

I'll believe this when I see the official version... hard for me to entertain rumors like this when they make zero sense

Reactions: Teeman
Per some chatter on TOS and Twitter... May explain why he didn’t play against Vandy. Must have been hinting at it or telling folks he was gonna transfer last week.
Tennessee will survive Ty Chandler leaving if it does happen. Eric Gray is going to be a vastly superior running back in my opinion anyway

Reactions: VOLSONLY
A lot of the older guys have been recruited over honestly. Ty would still get carries next year but he'd only be 3rd string at best. I think Tee Hodge comes in as a short yardage back, while Eric Gray and Tim Jordan split the 1 and 2s. So writing is kinda on the wall. Chandler just has lost his playmaking ability it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
In my opinion, it was either gonna be him or TIm Jordan. Luckily Jordan really turned it on to end the regular season. Jordan and Gray are a better combo than Chandler. Dude was a great character guy but his production will easily be replaced

Agree totally. I like Ty, but he is just an average SEC rb and can be replaced. Gray is way ahead of him and coach can recruit a strong rb if he feels that it is needed. He can always go back to Crouch. Gray, Crouch, and Jordan would not be a bad tandem.

He's not very good tbh. It would be a big hit to depth though

VN Store

Back