Rucker sums it up pretty well

This is an asinine statement! If Pruitt starts winning SEC East Championships, he will get more control. Control of one of the top 10 college football programs of all time has to be earned. Fulmer, BOT, UT President, boosters, etc... will all get behind Pruitt once he proves he is capable of making all the right moves for UT to be elite again as long as he is doing it without getting on probation!!! He has been a HC for one year. There is nothing wrong with Fulmer and a few others helping him make the best decisions for the program until he proves himself!

There is one thing that hasn't changed since 2008

What is that?

I think if Freeze is smart, he would jump on the Bama train with a chance to be HC in 2-3 years. Anyone in his right mind would do that.
Not happening. Saban will coach until he gets assurance that Swinney will take over then he will retire. Until that happens Bama is staying with Saban....betcha I’m probably close to right lol. If Swinney turned that job down he would be a frickin IDIOT!!!

Not happening. Saban will coach until he gets assurance that Swinney will take over then he will retire. Until that happens Bama is staying with Saban....betcha I’m probably close to right lol. If Swinney turned that job down he would be a frickin IDIOT!!!

Dabo or any other coach who follows immediately behind Saban is the idiot. The person following living legends rarely has it work out well for them. You won't see too many statues around for the guys who immediately followed Rockne At Notre Dame, the Bear at Bama, or the General at Tennessee for example. The guy after the guy who followed the legend can work out.

Why would he? On the plus side: He has all the resources he needs to be successful, in the middle of a 1/2 day drive to a bunch of elite recruits, money, and he is having max fun doing it his way, and made Clemson relevant again. Unless he just has a homesick for Bama bug or the admin turns on him and cuts down his request for resources he would be a fool to leave.
The negative for him is if he goes 10-2 or 9-3 two years straight what do u think will happen at bama? Never be the guy that follows the goat at his house. The only (kind of) exception I can think of is jimbo at FSU and at that point they were showing bobby the door to the old folks home for wayward coaches.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back