Rucker sums it up pretty well

I'm sorry if I offended you. Yes, I realize that comparing what we as fans feel to a real case of PTSD is hyperbole. But on the other hand, Tennessee fans have shown throughout the years that they live and die by what happens with their beloved Vols. Thus, on a significantly smaller scale, what we feel is similar to the feelings that mistreated spouses feel.

Are football fans going to do to CJP's car what Carrie Underwood did to her boyfriend's car in "Before He Cheats"? Not likely.

But the repeated crap storms we suffer at the hands of those in charge are slowly but surely making many of us decide that watching a team we love play a game we love isn't worth it.

Let's stick with the term BVS. I know I have it.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
It's just crazy how the fan base locks onto a single individual during these searches and basically loses all common sense.
Like when UT was looking for a basketball coach, everybody was 100% that only Bruce Pearl could ever win a basketball game at Tennessee....Barnes is doing a pretty damn good job.

A must read for all the Volnation
working.jpg

Fair or not I honestly read this article like PR damage control.

I will not trust this school to make a good hire until one is made. I also won’t be burning couches if it’s a Coach I don’t know or like.

Pruitts clock has started and this is his 2nd big test. Can he “recruit” a great OC that can win now and build for a better tomorrow.

I withhold judgment until the end of next season (although the UF game will tell us where we stand pretty early)
PR damage control ? I don’t live in etenn but everything I have read written by Rucker is anything but doing the bidding of anybody in charge at UT. I don’t agree with 50% of stuff he usually writes but He did, IMO, hit the nail on the head with many things I have been saying to my friends. Chief among mainly guys like shoop and friend have a great track record before and after coaching the vols. It’s not like they forgot how maybe just maybe they didn’t have much to work with.
If u are starting a new offense philosophy the first year is usually going to be brutal and no a “good coach molds his schemes to the players he has” is not a valid argument. You can do that if u have to switch qbs or even a line backer but u can’t do it with a whole ol or def secondary. You change and start teaching the new ways from day one and know that there is gonna be some auckage til U get the caliber of player u need to fully implement. I want to get an oc that cjp can feel comfortable handing the reins to after they get their marching orders.

Let's stick with the term BVS. I know I have it.
BVS I think I got too and if we get Many more stricken we are gonna have to get the cdc to work on vaccinations or are they just gonna shoot us like horses?

Article was definitely spot on. Just not sure why the NCAA would punish North Carolina if Freeze was hired and got us in trouble on the recruiting trail....

Ha! Good eye! Cite your text evidence:

...and hiring Freeze and then getting in trouble on the recruiting trail would cause the NCAA to bring Biblical plagues upon the Eastern side of the Great Smokey Mountains.

"and hiring Freeze and then getting in trouble on the recruiting trail would cause the NCAA to bring Biblical plagues upon the (Eastern side) of the Great Smokey Mountains "
Rucker

Why would we care if The NCAA brings plagues to North Carolina.

I still stand by my statement that coordinators are meaningless and the great ones win regardless of who their coordinators are.

And actually, schools that win lose coordinators more often so it really backs up the point

Rucker was schilling Jon Gruden as much as anyone. He tweeted multiple times that he was hearing Gruden was being considered/interviewed etc. Then he stick that line in there like he's some kind of Vol fan shepherd about trying to steer Tennessee fans away from Grumors.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I agree with the sentiments stated in the article. Well done! (except the part where he thinks UT is East of the Smoky Mountains)

Allow me to sum up the situation: it does not matter who becomes OC. That person will be training at best the 8th best recruiting classes (cycles?) in the conference. The rabid speculation concerning OC is a direct by-product of America's Fantasy Sports addiction, itself a bastard mongoloid of the gambling industry.

I have no doubt Pruitt knows what he's doing, but Pruitt isn't and never will be in total control of the Football program

That alone, should raise concern for the most optimistic among Vol fans

This is an asinine statement! If Pruitt starts winning SEC East Championships, he will get more control. Control of one of the top 10 college football programs of all time has to be earned. Fulmer, BOT, UT President, boosters, etc... will all get behind Pruitt once he proves he is capable of making all the right moves for UT to be elite again as long as he is doing it without getting on probation!!! He has been a HC for one year. There is nothing wrong with Fulmer and a few others helping him make the best decisions for the program until he proves himself!

"and hiring Freeze and then getting in trouble on the recruiting trail would cause the NCAA to bring Biblical plagues upon the (Eastern side) of the Great Smokey Mountains "
Rucker

Why would we care if The NCAA brings plagues to North Carolina.
We already have stinkbugs. We don't need the AA as well.

The plagues only hit those who didn't put the blood on the doorposts.

Those who know the situation best decided on Freeze and limited it to that option in order to reduce the risk that the decade long trend would continue.

There's nothing on the fan base side to blame at all.

No more excuses. Just win.

Disclosure will happen very soon , the powers that run the show are testing the waters to see if Vol fans are able to handle the truth.
Some fans won't be able to handle the truth and will revolt against society, others will welcome the truth and embrace it.
Upon disclosure be prepared to be shaken to the core, but eventually understanding will replace fear and a new awakening will enlighten mankind.
Signed,
Aight

Should be required reading before commenting on the OC search.
My fav pic. Was there I could hear the pop in the upper deck. Gibril Wilson was tired of seeing UK run slants all day. Knocked the WR silly. He actually staggered over to the UT sideline where Fulmer protected him and sent him back to the UK side the nest play.

I still stand by my statement that coordinators are meaningless and the great ones win regardless of who their coordinators are.

And actually, schools that win lose coordinators more often so it really backs up the point

This proves the Vols are uncoordinated.

VN Store

Back