Roe vs Wade Overturned

Woman Attacks Pro-Life Protesters, Throws USED TAMPONS

MEMPHIS, Tenn.– Tensions boiled over between protesters outside an abortion clinic in the Memphis area Friday afternoon.

Two abortion clinics in the Memphis area are preparing for big changes with abortion bans coming across the Mid-South in the days and weeks to come. The day was filled with emotions on both sides of the Supreme Court’s decision, especially at the Planned Parenthood on Poplar Avenue.

Memphis Police were on the scene for several hours after a woman attacked pro-life protesters outside a Memphis abortion clinic. A video shows the woman storming back to her car after the incident.

Protesters told us the woman threw used tampons at them while yelling curse words. She even stole one of the protester’s hats.

“She threw that on me and I can still smell it. Then she went back to the car and got a pan — that had more of the same in it. She was going to the girls — heading toward them — and I instinctively blocked it,” he said “I wanted to block it — I assumed she would turn around and walk off — but she didn’t.”

Woman attacks pro-life protesters, throws used tampons

Lots of people are saying the Supreme Court correctly overturned Roe v Wade and properly returned the issue of abortion to state legislatures. But lots of people are concerned that whichever party gets control of both house of Congress (presumably with 60 seats in the Senate or 50 Senators who will vote to abolish the filibuster) and the presidency will "federalize" abortion. The Republicans will make abortion illegal across the board. The Democrats will make abortion an absolute and unfettered right, maybe even until 28 days post-birth if Gavin Newsome has his way. So, my question is: If abortion is an issue to be decided on a state-by-state basis, where does Congress, either Republican-controlled or Democrat-controlled, get the right to make a federal abortion law?

Reactions: Vol8188
Was some massive new spending bill just passed or is this just to change the conversation away from gas prices and inflation.

Let's assume that red states ban abortion and blue states keep abortion legal. Red state women (or men lol) can simply drive to a blue state and get an abortion correct?

Lots of people are saying the Supreme Court correctly overturned Roe v Wade and properly returned the issue of abortion to state legislatures. But lots of people are concerned that whichever party gets control of both house of Congress (presumably with 60 seats in the Senate or 50 Senators who will vote to abolish the filibuster) and the presidency will "federalize" abortion. The Republicans will make abortion illegal across the board. The Democrats will make abortion an absolute and unfettered right, maybe even until 28 days post-birth if Gavin Newsome has his way. So, my question is: If abortion is an issue to be decided on a state-by-state basis, where does Congress, either Republican-controlled or Democrat-controlled, get the right to make a federal abortion law?
They don’t. Neither for or against. And for SCOTUS to be consistent they should over rule any federal abortion law either for or against it.

Medical licensing and procedure control exists in our country at the state level.

Look at euthanasia. There is absolutely no question a life is ended here. Yet we have various laws across the states. Same for the medical procedure of abortion.

Let's assume that red states ban abortion and blue states keep abortion legal. Red state women (or men lol) can simply drive to a blue state and get an abortion correct?
True.

But under Biden, I wouldn’t call driving simple anymore. May have to spend a couple hundred just to cross a state line.

I struggle to understand how a state can command how a citizen acts outside of their jurisdiction. Any state attempting to block a citizen from seeking a medical procedure outside their jurisdiction should have any such law struck down I would think.

Reactions: allvol123 and McDad

And that’s when we leave the union. If they decide to change the rules and not allow us to make our own laws, we leave

They don’t. Neither for or against. And for SCOTUS to be consistent they should over rule any federal abortion law either for or against it.

Medical licensing and procedure control exists in our country at the state level.

Look at euthanasia. There is absolutely no question a life is ended here. Yet we have various laws across the states. Same for the medical procedure of abortion.
I didn't read the decision, and I won't read it. But if the Supreme Court actually said that abortion is a state issue to be decide by elected state legislatures, I agree with you. SCOTUS (at least as currently populated) should overturn a federal law, whether pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

So the SCOTUS discussion is Putin and all us Russian collaborators..No wonder everyone thinks you are the biggest kook on this forum.

Reactions: StarRaider
Thoroughly enjoying the irrational fear mongering from the left on this. No more abortions, rapes gonna go up, government gonna track your menstrual cycle on your phone apps, gay rights gonna go away, slavery coming back, women gonna lose the right to vote, civil rights getting overturned, etc. F##king lunatics.

Thoroughly enjoying the irrational fear mongering from the left on this. No more abortions, rapes gonna go up, government gonna track your menstrual cycle on your phone apps, gay rights gonna go away, slavery coming back, women gonna lose the right to vote, civil rights getting overturned, etc. F##king lunatics.
The best part is leaving out giving back to the states. Except go all in on they won’t stop here but take away XYZ without any merit.

Only in the minds of the severely delusional does abortion equal freedom, I guess euthanasia is the utopia John Locke truly strived for.
FREEDOM to CHOSE. You dont believe in abortion, that's fine, don't get one. This is the slippery slope of forcing moral and religious beliefs on the masses.

Reactions: OHvol40

VN Store

Back