Roe vs Wade Overturned

That's now a topic you can freely discuss with your local officials and if you don't like the answers you get, moving states is far, far easier than moving countries. Which is just another reason this was the right decision.
Agree with us, or get the **** out. For a party that cries non-stop about freedom and liberty, y'all sure do take an absolutist, statist position on things.

Incorrect. Anyone that disagrees with where they live is free to move. Or stay and work to change things. Don’t give up so easily. Stay and to change things. That is the epitome of freedom and liberty. Maybe take a step back and evaluate how you are interpreting things. It would do you good.
The state of Tennessee is free to **** all over your rights, but you are free to move. Those people that can't afford to move, well "lol **** them", too bad. Or stay, while the state treats you as a second class citizen. What will come down the pike is the epitome of control.

The state of Tennessee is free to **** all over your rights, but you are free to move. Those people that can't afford to move, well "lol **** them", too bad. Or stay, while the state treats you as a second class citizen. What will come down the pike is the epitome of control.
So, should the state of New York be forced to recognize my Tennessee carry permit? After all, THAT right to bear arms is specifically spelled out in the Constitution.

For the same reason I think Roe was incorrect to begin with is the same reason I believe New York can choose to do so or not. I may not like it, but I believe it is allowed under the Constitution. Now if you believe Roe was correct AND New York has no right to ignore my carry permit, then kudos to you, that seems consistent. Seriously.

Agree with us, or get the **** out. For a party that cries non-stop about freedom and liberty, y'all sure do take an absolutist, statist position on things.

Is that absolutist? Isn’t your position on many issues agree or leave the country?

Is agree or leave the state not a much better option?

Remember when all those Dem celebrities said they'd leave the country if Trump was elected? You keep going on and on like this only comes from the Republican side, and I know you know it comes from the Dems as well. Both parties are out to get their way. The art of the compromise is rarely put to use anymore.

Is that absolutist? Isn’t your position on many issues agree or leave the country?

Is agree or leave the state not a much better option?
When have I ever supported autocracy or absolutist opinions regarding government? This is when it gets dangerous. We aren't even a full day post-Roe and we've already got folks telling other folks to get the **** out if they don't like it. I don't think that is right. Just because folks want a theocratic state in Tennessee doesn't mean it should be that way.

When have I ever supported autocracy or absolutist opinions regarding government? This is when it gets dangerous. We aren't even a full day post-Roe and we've already got folks telling other folks to get the **** out if they don't like it. I don't think that is right. Just because folks want a theocratic state in Tennessee doesn't mean it should be that way.

This “folk” doesn’t want a theocratic state in TN. And I don’t see one coming into power.

Remember when all those Dem celebrities said they'd leave the country if Trump was elected? You keep going on and on like this only comes from the Republican side, and I know you know it comes from the Dems as well. Both parties are out to get their way. The art of the compromise is rarely put to use anymore.
Hard to compromise with bigots. Nor should we.

There were also plenty of people saying they would leave post-Biden. I think the point everyone is missing is that this SCOTUS has shown time and time again that it will allow the state to **** all over your rights if you are a marginalized group. They basically took the 9th and 14th and said "too bad, lol". Libertarians should be horrified by the opinion, unless they are larping as most do on this board.

Reactions: ohhbother
This “folk” doesn’t want a theocratic state in TN. And I don’t see one coming into power.
Oh it will happen. Give it time. Same as McConnell said this is a state's right issue, then turned around a few weeks later and floated a federal ban on abortion.

There were also plenty of people saying they would leave post-Biden. I think the point everyone is missing is that this SCOTUS has shown time and time again that it will allow the state to **** all over your rights if you are a marginalized group. They basically took the 9th and 14th and said "too bad, lol". Libertarians should be horrified by the opinion, unless they are larping as most do on this board.

Can you point to some rulings as examples?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Not arguing for or against. This is the most conflicted I feel about any topic...but I always like to look at things through the lens of unintended consequences. We're moving closer to idiocracy by making it harder to get an abortion. Capable women who have bright futures will just get a travel abortion and the women who are the last people that we want to be Mothers (too young, lazy, and/or incapable of getting a travel abortion) are likely going to have more kids.
Then perhaps we need to be better as a society so young women(and men) are aware that sex leads to pregnancy or so women (and men) aren't encouraged to be lazy. Perhaps focus on decisions having consequences and sticking to taking up responsibilities when those consequences arise.

I'm bummed. As a non birthing person I was really looking forward to identifying as a birthed and trying to get an abortion. Guess now I'll have to live out my days as a regular dude and miss out on the abortion experience. I was just figuring out my new menstrual tracking app as well. Darn you Joe Biden!

Your chance at life just got a lot better!
baby-mother_1920x1080.jpg

The idea that abortion laws = theocracy is about as dumb as it gets. Do you consider all murder laws to be inherently religious in nature? Or do you just make dumb arguments for the sake of it?

They didn't let New York **** on the second amendment, so there's that.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
If the turtle and company pass a federal ban then they can forget staying in power.

Depends on what would be banned. The extremists on the left have no problem killing a baby on the day a woman goes into labor. Partial birth abortions are insane.

But then there are the extremists on the right that want fertilized eggs carried to term.

The US has been way more liberal than most countries when considering in which trimester the abortion is executed. I believe some use when heartbeats can be detected. Or when a fetus can feel pain.

There should be a reasonable middle ground but right now the middle ground is how extreme each state’s laws are. I’ll be surprised if the Federal Government doesn’t jump back into the middle of the battle.

VN Store

Back