• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Rob Lewis sums this season up succinctly...

Same story, different game. So maybe our overpaid coach might want to recruit a pure shooter. It’s not rocket science. He passed on one of the best scorers in college basketball, Mac McClung Oh well, another miss by Barnes

Gah, don’t get some on here started about McClung. The hate for the guy on here is crazy. He would’ve significantly helped with his ability to get a bucket.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Good Lord. Minus Chris Mack of Louisville, the coaches for those other teams have just a tad bit better resume than Rick Barnes. Geez.
And still sitting at home this year wishing they had gotten that call. Cal gets more 5* than anyone, I don’t know why he don’t win the natty every year!!

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Was the Grant/Admiral team better talent wise? I say they were not, but they had chemistry. This team has shown no real chemistry all year long except for fits and starts. Frankly, I hope CRB doesn't go after the 1 and dones anymore. I'd rather have the 3-4 stars that have to develop a little and don't have one eye on the NBA.

fire away.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Was the Grant/Admiral team better talent wise? I say they were not, but they had chemistry. This team has shown no real chemistry all year long except for fits and starts. Frankly, I hope CRB doesn't go after the 1 and dones anymore. I'd rather have the 3-4 stars that have to develop a little and don't have one eye on the NBA.

fire away.

One one-and-done or if two not practically at the same position is a good idea IMO. Also need better upperclassman leadership. And having post players that post up instead of hanging out on the perimeter would make TN a better team.

As much talent as this team may have there were glaring weaknesses - no true point guard, no low post defender/Rebounder (PONS occasional blocks), weak bench that never showed any major improvement during the season. Freshman can only take you so far.

Could be said of lots of teams this year... Duke, UK, Michigan State, etc.

Flush it and move on! We'll be back next year!

Baseball team looks great...
Yeah I’d agree with you but there’s too many who enjoy the “woe is me” of it all and it allows them to get the bad taste out of their mouths because it affects (apparently ) their manhood. I used to be that way and would act like a sheer FOOL for days after my team lost. And I’m so ashamed of that and have ask forgiveness from my wife/kids many times so I understand where they are. Only when you have an event in your life that will allow you to see what’s really important will there be change. I can spot them a mile away and I try to avoid them. Baseball is looking good! Go Vols. Sweep Georgia!!

And still sitting at home this year wishing they had gotten that call. Cal gets more 5* than anyone, I don’t know why he don’t win the natty every year!!

Yet here you are content with simply being in the tournament and getting run out of the gym when Vols have two 1st round draft choices. If those other programs sitting at home makes you feel better then have at it. Just remember our $5 million dollar man is there too.

Yeah I’d agree with you but there’s too many who enjoy the “woe is me” of it all and it allows them to get the bad taste out of their mouths because it affects (apparently ) their manhood. I used to be that way and would act like a sheer FOOL for days after my team lost. And I’m so ashamed of that and have ask forgiveness from my wife/kids many times so I understand where they are. Only when you have an event in your life that will allow you to see what’s really important will there be change. I can spot them a mile away and I try to avoid them. Baseball is looking good! Go Vols. Sweep Georgia!!

You know, funny you bring that up. I completely melted down for the last time when Tennessee lost to Georgia State to open the 2019 football season. After stewing for several days about it - it just dawned on me how foolish and selfish that was in the midst of everything going on in the world. Hit me like a ton of bricks that I needed to simply grow up. Sports is about entertainment and if I'm not being entertained, I've learned I need to step away!

Reactions: tennrich1
I challenge you to ask anyone that knows basketball which player they would prefer to have And find more than 1 out of 10 say Bailey
The point is their percentages are almost identical and yet according to you one of them can really shoot the ball while the other isn’t a good shooter...doesn’t really compute. It’s just another case of our fan base always feeling like grass is greener.

Reactions: papatomany
You know, funny you bring that up. I completely melted down for the last time when Tennessee lost to Georgia State to open the 2019 football season. After stewing for several days about it - it just dawned on me how foolish and selfish that was in the midst of everything going on in the world. Hit me like a ton of bricks that I needed to simply grow up. Sports is about entertainment and if I'm not being entertained, I've learned I need to step away!
Good for you! Now you can REALLY enjoy it without all the heartache for you AND your friends/family. I have a former brother in law who is very sick these days. He was without a doubt the worst I’ve seen. Most dangerously competitive person to the point you didn’t want to go to games or play games with him for fear he would lose. He was an outstanding coach and can claim about 10 former players as current major leaguers. We visited for two hours recently and he reflected back over all the regret he had for treating people horribly when his team lost. He realizes now the absolute folly of it all. And as I’ve heard many people say “I fear losing more than I enjoy winning”. THAT IS JUST SICK!!!

Reactions: Revived2002
Barnes and his staff should tell the returning guards to work on their three point shots every day if possible.
Vescovi needs to learn to dribble and not drive the baseline and turn it over. They don’t play well together as a team.

Meh, this was kind of a throwaway season with COVID. Hopefully this lights a fire under Barnes to add some high-level transfers to go along with Chandler and have a legit squad next year
We have no solid big. It will be ugly next year.

Reactions: Catbone
The point is their percentages are almost identical and yet according to you one of them can really shoot the ball while the other isn’t a good shooter...doesn’t really compute. It’s just another case of our fan base always feeling like grass is greener.
Ok how’s this then. One is a scorer that can create his own shots and a dang good basketball player while the other one is hot and cold and plays horrible defense and can’t create his own shots, much less finish at the rim

Barnes has been to the tourney 25 times in his illustrious career. He has gotten past the first weekend 7 times. In other words, you have a 25% chance of getting to the Sweet 16 with Barnes as you coach. He couldn’t even get Kevin Durant to the sweet 16. Some say Hall of fame coach, I say you must be kidding.

Reactions: volman128

VN Store

Back