Rob Lewis sums this season up succinctly...

If u don't think Keon has heart, I really don't know what to say
One player does not make a team. If he were to return next year, I think his drive would carry more weight. Very hard for a true freshman to be a team leader. Asking a helluva lot of an 18 year old kid to make the jump from HS ball to leading a team in the SEC. Frankly, that shouldn't have been necessary.

i prefer to email White and Boyd and let them know we’re eligible to coach! 🙂
Sure they would prefer you over a coach that’s gonna be in the hall of fame and has won 700 games. It was only a few years ago Barnes was coach of the year. He didn’t all of sudden forget how to coach over last couple years!!

Reactions: feathersax
One player does not make a team. If he were to return next year, I think his drive would carry more weight. Very hard for a true freshman to be a team leader. Asking a helluva lot of an 18 year old kid to make the jump from HS ball to leading a team in the SEC. Frankly, that shouldn't have been necessary.
I didn't say that, all I was saying is Keon's heart/will to win is Jordan/Kobe - like. Does the rest of the team seem to have that ? No, not imo, but u can't lump Keon in with them, because he gives his all for Tennessee, sometimes that can even be a weakness. But, please don't ever doubt that kid's heart

I didn't say that, all I was saying is Keon's heart/will to win is Jordan/Kobe - like. Does the rest of the team seem to have that ? No, not imo, but u can't lump Keon in with them, because he gives his all for Tennessee, sometimes that can even be a weakness. But, please don't ever doubt that kid's heart

Keon went 1 on 5 too much tonight.

Meh, this was kind of a throwaway season with COVID. Hopefully this lights a fire under Barnes to add some high-level transfers to go along with Chandler and have a legit squad next year

A throwaway season? We had one of the best rosters we've had in years with a mix of veterans and young talent, managed to dodge several tough early season opponents that would have given us more losses and dropped from a final 4 pick by many experts to a first round embarrassment. This was a season to make hay and we made bricks instead.

A throwaway season? We had one of the best rosters we've had in years with a mix of veterans and young talent, managed to dodge several tough early season opponents that would have given us more losses and dropped from a final 4 pick by many experts to a first round embarrassment. This was a season to make hay and we made bricks instead.
This entire season will have a massive asterisk. It is what it Is.

Maybe y’all both should email Barnes and let him know y’all both are eligible to play next year!

Do you disagree? It was just a comment. I don’t think the OP meant any harm. It happens to the best of teams in every sport.

Oregon State is a better team than we are.Coaches need to recruit the right players to begin with.No inside game period,and shoot 13 % from 3.Unless we shoot 50+ % they would beat us every day! JMO

Reactions: Volfan1000
Do you disagree? It was just a comment. I don’t think the OP meant any harm. It happens to the best of teams in every sport.
I don’t disagree that this team under performed. But I don’t agree with calling for Barnes job or hoping he retires. Think about the team he took over and what he has turned us into since he had arrived. I love the expectations of the fans expecting to be great but we can’t be delusional either and say well we suck so let’s fire our best coach we have on campus. Losing sucks no doubt, losing like we did makes it even worse. But it is not enough for us to run a really good coach out of town.

VN Store

Back