Rob Lewis is lucky to have a job.,,,,

The catchphrase isn't meant as a descriptive commentary on the specific player's shooting ability. It is simply a catchphrase for a made shot. That's it. Don't overthink it.
In addition, it's a catchphrase for an important shot, or in some cases, an unexpected shot. I use the phrase when I hit a nice golf shot, which isn't terribly often.

In addition, it's a catchphrase for an important shot, or in some cases, an unexpected shot. I use the phrase when I hit a nice golf shot, which isn't terribly often.
I might have to start using "MONEY" on the golf course as well. Our go to phrase when you make a bomb putt to save par - "WHEN YOU CAN PUTT LIKE THAT - IT JUST DOESNT MATTER". I guess you can use the same terminology for a bomb 3 point shot. I think I'll pass that on to Bert next time I see him.

Reactions: cardvolfan
he did look out of sync for a while after his injuries. Took a while to get his strength and coordination back. Looks okay now though. If they play he'll have a great season.
I wonder what his career had looked like if hadn’t gotten injured

I wonder what his career had looked like if hadn’t gotten injured
I made a post around this same premise the other day. Is Grant Williams a 2x POY if Fulk never got hurt? Does GW leave a year early? We wouldn't have Fulk around for this coming season. A lot of other "what ifs" in that scenario, too.

I was listening to The Volquest Mailbag podcast this afternoon and was shocked when Rob Lewis stated, “John Fulkerson couldn’t dribble and chew gum 3 years ago.” This statement emphasizes Rob’s lack of basketball knowledge and confirms my opinion that he brings absolutely nothing to sports as a sidekick reporter. I have never been impressed by anything he does or says. He never watched Fulkerson absolutely dominate in high school as a senior. Fulkerson had a spectacular game against North Carolina his freshman year as a Vol. In a subsequent year, Coach Barnes complimented him by saying, “John was the best player on the floor in that game.” In Rob’s mind, he really believes he‘s a basketball aficionado, and that’s sad.

get over yourself. The title says it all. someone with a different opinion must be fired. I can’t say I agree with the guy but come on man.

Funny part about this story - Rob was giving insight into his conversations with the basketball staff (like a good reporter) and making fun of his nonexistent ability to evaluate (because he's a reporter, not a coach).

I'm not saying he's particularly good at his job, but this post is kind of making the point that Rob was making.

Guys my only problem with Bert is his MONEY CALL. It's not accurate when a player isnt a good shooter for one. And he acts like these guys shoot 75% or something. He needs a new shout out.
FINALLY!!! Probably take more heat for a similar Shout.

I love Bob for basketball. He's mainly bad at football, but after listening to several other team announcers, he's really not that bad.

Reactions: FïreBall
When it comes to making college predictions, grab a dart board occassionally and throw darts at the board with the names of the schools.

I love Bob for basketball. He's mainly bad at football, but after listening to several other team announcers, he's really not that bad.
I guess it's relative to who you're comparing him to. He is woefully lacking in basketball as well, especially compared to those broadcasting high-level college basketball. Bob was a prime example of a person being in the right place at the right time.

40 posts into this, with people being critical of broadcasters...and no one has yet observed that Lewis cannot string four words together without a verbal stumble or outright losing his train of thought. Awful.

Kesling is Vin Scully by comparison.

Guys my only problem with Bert is his MONEY CALL. It's not accurate when a player isnt a good shooter for one. And he acts like these guys shoot 75% or something. He needs a new shout out.
Well the shot that’s deemed MONEY is 100% so...

40 posts into this, with people being critical of broadcasters...and no one has yet observed that Lewis cannot string four words together without a verbal stumble or outright losing his train of thought. Awful.

Rob is the Volquest BBall guy. Has more BBall info than anyone else. He is not a broadcaster. WTH is the point of this thread.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I was listening to The Volquest Mailbag podcast this afternoon and was shocked when Rob Lewis stated, “John Fulkerson couldn’t dribble and chew gum 3 years ago.” This statement emphasizes Rob’s lack of basketball knowledge and confirms my opinion that he brings absolutely nothing to sports as a sidekick reporter. I have never been impressed by anything he does or says. He never watched Fulkerson absolutely dominate in high school as a senior. Fulkerson had a spectacular game against North Carolina his freshman year as a Vol. In a subsequent year, Coach Barnes complimented him by saying, “John was the best player on the floor in that game.” In Rob’s mind, he really believes he‘s a basketball aficionado, and that’s sad.

He was talking about early recruiting days. Not his freshman year, etc. Rob isn’t the only person who saw him s a big project even as late as his senior year. It’s worked out to the kid’s and staff’s credit. That’s actually the point he was making.

If it was anyone else but Bert, "Money!" might be overused, but it's part of his charm. I seem to recall John Ward using "Bottom!" a lot. I actually think it's quite entertaining sometimes... When the Vols get hot and keep nailing threes, every consecutive "Money!" gets louder and more emphatic. 😂

But seriously, Bert knows a lot about the game of basketball and performs the job of a color commentator quite well. He actually has very insightful things to say.

Kesling is no Vin Scully by ANY comparison.

VN Store

Back