Rob Lewis is lucky to have a job.,,,,

40 posts into this, with people being critical of broadcasters...and no one has yet observed that Lewis cannot string four words together without a verbal stumble or outright losing his train of thought. Awful.

Kesling is Vin Scully by comparison.

I didn’t realize Rob Lewis was a paid, professional announcer, rather than, you know, some dude who writes for Volquest.

Could you imagine how awful those broadcasts would be if Bert weren't on them? I dont think I could handle two hours of Bob going solo

There’s only one announcer who could go solo and make it interesting & exciting. Unfortunately he’s not with us anymore.

Nor is he Mr. Buck. "Smith corks one into right down the line...it may go..."

The good ol days.
One of the greatest calls in sports....also..."Excuse me while I stand up and applaud"....Jack was among the best!!

"Go crazy, folks." Lots of memories!
I remember as a kid listening to those broadcast back in the 60's at night with the windows up and the cool country breeze blowing in. This was the absolute highlight of our day! Harry Carey was doing the games then. One night a game against the Braves went to the 17th inning and Harry told Jack "17 innings and Busch beer just don't mix Jack"...I think Jack finished the broadcast.

"I dont believe what I just saw"
"Go crazy folks, go crazy!"
"...and we will see you TOMORROW NIGHT!"
"That's a winner"
"Swing and a long one...adios"

I miss Mr. Buck.
Just doing the game and entertaining the audience. WITH NO AGENDA'S. He was a gentleman in every way. As a child growing up on a farm he was like a friend we could not wait to hear each night. My brother and I would lay on our bed without saying a word for what seemed like hours listening and seeing every detail he was describing.

Also, for context Rob said that Fulky came to a UT camp years ago when he was a sophomore/junior in HS.
Funny part about this story - Rob was giving insight into his conversations with the basketball staff (like a good reporter) and making fun of his nonexistent ability to evaluate (because he's a reporter, not a coach).

This many times over. OP is a little harsh and taking Rob’s comments out of context.

VN Store

Back