Rob Lewis is lucky to have a job.,,,,

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
I was listening to The Volquest Mailbag podcast this afternoon and was shocked when Rob Lewis stated, “John Fulkerson couldn’t dribble and chew gum 3 years ago.” This statement emphasizes Rob’s lack of basketball knowledge and confirms my opinion that he brings absolutely nothing to sports as a sidekick reporter. I have never been impressed by anything he does or says. He never watched Fulkerson absolutely dominate in high school as a senior. Fulkerson had a spectacular game against North Carolina his freshman year as a Vol. In a subsequent year, Coach Barnes complimented him by saying, “John was the best player on the floor in that game.” In Rob’s mind, he really believes he‘s a basketball aficionado, and that’s sad.

Last edited:
I was listening to The Volquest Mailbag podcast this afternoon and was shocked when Rob Lewis stated, “John Fulkerson couldn’t dribble and chew gum 3 years ago.“ This statement emphasizes Rob’s lack of basketball knowledge and confirms my opinion that he brings absolutely nothing to sports as a commentator. I have never been impressed by anything he does or says. He never watched Fulkerson absolutely dominate in high school as a senior. Fulkerson had a spectacular game against North Carolina his freshman year as a Vol. In a subsequent year, Coach Barnes complimented him by saying, “John was the best player on the floor in that game.” In Rob’s mind he really believes he‘s a basketball aficionado, and that’s sad.
...... he’s not a commentator from my knowledge.

Who is the idiot broadcaster when a guy goes 0-11 but then hits #12 yells out Money? That guy should be fired.

Fulky was a very nice player as a freshman with potential to improve a lot.He has improved a lot and I give most of the credit to coach Barnes,who believed in him and put him in a position to sink or swim.I must admit he has exceeded my hopes for him.The Ky. game at their place is the best example.He was the best player on the floor that night.I just hope he continues to give that kind of effort every game.He is key to being on top or down a ways!

Up until he got injured, Fulky was starting to blossom. There was a three game stretch in which he led the team in rebounds. I really hated it for him and the team. I think he and Grant could’ve become quite a duo inside. But he missed the rest of that season and it took him another season to get mentally back into it. An elbow injury is probably the worst thing imaginable for a basketball player. Last year he became the leader of the team down the stretch. He has finally gotten over the mental hurdle of that injury.

Kind of a tangent but it’s weird to look back at some of those box scores from that season after seeing what that team ultimately became. Admiral was in the doghouse for most of the season, Kyle Alexander was coming off the bench, as was Grant Williams at the beginning of the season until Barnes realized what he had. If you would’ve told me during that season that Admiral and Alexander would be starting and vital players on the number 1 ranked team in the country I would not have believed you.

Who is the idiot broadcaster when a guy goes 0-11 but then hits #12 yells out Money? That guy should be fired.
Bert makes the basketball broadcast exciting. He adds insight, brings excitement, and has a wealth of knowledge about the game. Also it doesn’t hurt that he played basketball for UT.

Bert and his father Hank are Tennessee basketball. How dare you call him an idiot broadcaster...merely reverse it...you are an idiot responder!
My opinion. He shouldnt yell money after a player misses multiple shots and then finally makes one. Money is someone who makes more than 10%

Guys my only problem with Bert is his MONEY CALL. It's not accurate when a player isnt a good shooter for one. And he acts like these guys shoot 75% or something. He needs a new shout out.

Guys my only problem with Bert is his MONEY CALL. It's not accurate when a player isnt a good shooter for one. And he acts like these guys shoot 75% or something. He needs a new shout out.
The catchphrase isn't meant as a descriptive commentary on the specific player's shooting ability. It is simply a catchphrase for a made shot. That's it. Don't overthink it.

Also, for context Rob said that Fulky came to a UT camp years ago when he was a sophomore/junior in HS.

VN Store

Back