Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

I thought this was interesting... credit @ionaVOL.

Good job on the stats and how it relates to our current recruiting class.

wins-png.247048

Hey Einstein. Yes the players and coaches got over it. But I certainly hope they didn't forget it. I hope it leaves a bad taste in their mouths for years to come. That way it never repeats itself. That way they never take anybody lightly. I didn't bring this up. I was responding to somebody who thought it was funny that we lost to Georgia State. Sorry I have low tolerance for people that think it's funny anytime Tennessee loses much less to somebody like them.

You getting bent over a joke is funny. It's like his take has anything at all to do with what the players or staff do. The finish to the season is evidence.

The fact that the signal went up and you jumped in that quick is impressive tho. Congrats.

Our class isn't a top-five class like Bama, LSU and Georgia had. But look what those teams have accomplished on the field. However, at No. 9, we're right there knocking on the door. There's not much difference between 6 and 9.

Personally, I'm really pleased with this class. I think we met a lot of needs and didn't sign a bunch of guys just to fill up the class. The five guys we added today were great additions. Considering the way we started the season, I think this staff did a phenomenal job holding things together and closing strong.

Go Vols!

This all day. I have posted several times that in my 42 years of being a Vol, last years class was the best I had ever seen at FILLING HOLES in our roster. The 2 big OTs, crouch, toot, and gray proved they will be contributors and difference makers from day 1 until they leave the Hill. Many others added depth and earned playing time.

This years class is more of the same. Meets our NEEDS at LB, WR, RB, and DBs...with a class of mostly 4 stars that have either won state championships or been close. Coach said today a big thing in this class is the guys are used to playing until december because of their playoff experience in HS, and that we have many kids that play more than one position. Awesome. Our staff really did their homework and got us a bunch of ballers on both sides of the ball. He was also giddy about the speed...especially at WR where we need it desperately.

Oh...then theres Barnes at QB...who was a CONSENSUS top 5 QB in the country. On every recruiting service and camp. Wow. He may be the best we landed since Manning. Perhaps somebody here could tell me if we have had a consensus top 5 since him?? I know that JG was ranked no2 dual threat at one point. By 1 service ..but that's not the same thing...or even close. Also he has lead feet and isnt a dual threat at this level. Lol...

GO VOLS. WGWTFA!!!!!

Outside of Tennessee Sunshine pumper fans most did not see that Georgia State loss as meaningless. Nobody knows what lingering impact it had. We don't know who we've lost in recruiting or could have had. Some things are intangible. There's nothing wrong with being happy with winning. What I have a problem with his people that ignore the losing.
You can’t change the past and it brings no value to the program going forward. Why do you and the other pessimistic VN members bring it up ? Just look at some of the blue font comments about our loss to Memphis in 97 still hurts us. See how silly the references to Georgia State seem now.

Just noted a couple of difference in ratings between Rivals & 247. I’ll
Check some of the others later. Rivals has HB as our No 1 recruit, 247 has him at 4th. Rivals has Whitehead at 18 out of 23 recruits, 247 has him at # 5. I just find it amusing. Recruiting rankings can be a source of hope for a program but you have to look at each recruit and how they fill the position needs to determine the real value of a recruiting class. To complain how we finish compared to the Florida’s, Georgia’s , etc is just silly. As long as we stay close we are in good shape. Player development and in-game coaching have as much value as the recruits we sign.

I think a lot of people believe I just came in here and brought this up. I was simply responding to somebody who thought it was funny that we lost to Georgia State. I have not even thought about Georgia State at all today. But it's never funny when Tennessee loses. I just wanted to put my opinion out there. I hope the players don't think it's funny and I hope the coaches don't think it's funny. That was my only point.
Good grief. Move on.

What is happening? We beat some mediocre teams down the stretch. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we won those games. But I don't understand all the chest beating. If we played Florida tomorrow do you really think we would win? What about Georgia? What about Alabama? Being cautiously optimistic is fine but getting arrogant and beating our chests makes us look silly
We had a chance to beat Alabama. Game was much closer than the final score and we dominated the 2nd half until the turnover on the goal line which I may add was one of only 2 scores they had the 2nd half. We progressively got better as the season went on and if you didn't see it then I'm sorry you missed it.

Somewhere @'Boro-vol sits and is admitting "ya know what, that JMS guy was right all along"......

Just kidding. Glad it all worked out this way. Boro hope you are doing well had a great Thanksgiving and upcoming Christmas/New Years. Been a while since we talked!
Great end of the season, and an impressive class. Nobody is more pleased than myself.

You have a real talent for tooting your own horn. Never change.

I think a lot of people believe I just came in here and brought this up. I was simply responding to somebody who thought it was funny that we lost to Georgia State. I have not even thought about Georgia State at all today. But it's never funny when Tennessee loses. I just wanted to put my opinion out there. I hope the players don't think it's funny and I hope the coaches don't think it's funny. That was my only point.
I don’t think the GA St. loss was funny, I believe it was beneficial. If you have ever been a part of a team as a player or a coach, that loss was a galvanizing and unifying event and will pay dividends far into the future. Take a Midol and get over it.

Great end of the season, and an impressive class. Nobody is more pleased than myself.

You have a real talent for tooting your own horn. Never change.

Lol. I legit haven’t seen you post in a while and I’m not saying it’s on purpose. Hope the holidays are treating you well!!!!

VN Store

Back