Rivals 250 Update...

I hope this satisfies the Star chasers.

This is another great class by Pruitt. 2 years in a row he has signed ( In my opinion) Top 10 classes. At every single position we've upgraded what was on the roster previously fron 2018.

It’s not really about pleasing star gazers. For me it’s about being fair and unbiased. It’s more about these young guys getting their proper and due recognition for the hard work they put in.

Agree about the class. I think this class is really good. Definitely upgraded in the speed department.

roster wise, UGA still has the best overall roster in the East. UF is second. we're 3rd. which is fine. i think we probably have more experience returning again....that counts for something.

i'll put it this way....the last 3-4 years i've looked at our big 3 and any big Non Conf games as 3, or 4 depending on the non conf big game, four sure losses....because of the gigantic gap that existed.

this year, i look at OU and the other 3 and while i think they all probably still have better overall rosters than we do...i could see us winning 1 or 2 of those games. of course, i wouldn't be absolutley shocked if we lost all 4 either. but our talent level has improved, depth is better, and we have experience in most of the spots...save QB and WR.

if the QB in particular isn't an "issue", then our celing raises. if it is...it lowers. to me it's about as simple as that. i like our roster a lot right now. i don't think we're winning the East or anything, but i don't view anyone on our schedule as a "no chance" anymore.
They have had the best talent in the SEC East for the last 20 ye@rs and they still have not won a natty since Walker.

Reactions: feathersax
Yeah that was exactly the point I was trying to make, thank you.
Not sure if you are serious. If you actually think the recruiting class got worse by dropping from 8th to 11th, then the blue font is aimed at you and those with that thought process. The players did not get better because the got another star, or moved up or down. We didn't suddenly have a better team because Harrison Bailey got the fifth star he should have been awarded the whole time. Please tell me you aren't a star child.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
Rivals just updated the rest of the 250...it went really well for us...here’s a summary...

Thomas +32 to 110
French +8 to 159
Calloway +8 to 161
Hyatt N/A to 193
Eason +4 to 218

Overall we have added 44 points to our total score counting yesterday...6 players bumped up and only one (Lawrence) dropped and that was by a whopping one spot...

Ive been following this for years and I’ve never seen Rivals be so good to us in a rankings update....

Wait for it....wait for it....Pruitt bump!!!!!
Hyatt was badly overlooked by the recruiting "experts".

not even worried at this point.

our lowest rated guys, besides the LS, are Hodge and Holiday....i'm good with that.
A million times....

Perry and Spraggins are 3* too. I love the video of those guys and especially Spraggins' camp videos. I don't think I've noticed other OL's doing what he seems to do instinctively. When the DL dips or tries to spin or reposition his body, Spraggins uses just a moment of weakness to gain control of them and drive them off their rush line. He just mauls guys.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Hyatt was badly overlooked by the recruiting "experts".

It's one of the more baffling instances of "overlooking" a player IMO. I understand there are tens of thousands of high school players and some of them are bound to be overlooked; particularly guys playing at smaller schools or not surrounded by a lot of talent. But didn't Dutch Fork win multiple state championships and Hyatt sets receiving records while there? How does that get "overlooked"?

About the only knock on Hyatt is that he's a bit "skinny", but that's one of the easiest problems to fix. Get him in the S&C program for a year and that won't be an issue any more.

It's one of the more baffling instances of "overlooking" a player IMO. I understand there are tens of thousands of high school players and some of them are bound to be overlooked; particularly guys playing at smaller schools or not surrounded by a lot of talent. But didn't Dutch Fork win multiple state championships and Hyatt sets receiving records while there? How does that get "overlooked"?

About the only knock on Hyatt is that he's a bit "skinny", but that's one of the easiest problems to fix. Get him in the S&C program for a year and that won't be an issue any more.
yeah, Dutch Fork is a power house at the moment, and the head coach is the same head coach that was at Independence HIgh in Charlotte and won like 7 state titles, coached the Leak brothers, Mossaquai that went to UGA...among several others.

that Hyatt wasn't more on the level of even say a Ramel Keyton level from a recruiting ratings standpoint is kinda weird.

as for being skinny....well, aren't the ratings based on production and projections anyway? lol

LSS, there's really no reason he should have gone "unnonticed" for lack of a better term.

roster wise, UGA still has the best overall roster in the East. UF is second. we're 3rd. which is fine. i think we probably have more experience returning again....that counts for something.

i'll put it this way....the last 3-4 years i've looked at our big 3 and any big Non Conf games as 3, or 4 depending on the non conf big game, four sure losses....because of the gigantic gap that existed.

this year, i look at OU and the other 3 and while i think they all probably still have better overall rosters than we do...i could see us winning 1 or 2 of those games. of course, i wouldn't be absolutley shocked if we lost all 4 either. but our talent level has improved, depth is better, and we have experience in most of the spots...save QB and WR.

if the QB in particular isn't an "issue", then our celing raises. if it is...it lowers. to me it's about as simple as that. i like our roster a lot right now. i don't think we're winning the East or anything, but i don't view anyone on our schedule as a "no chance" anymore.

There’s not much difference between any of the 3. Uga has actually lost I think it’s 11 top 150 recruits over the last 2 seasons. So they aren’t nearly as far ahead as you’d think based on the last couple of national signing day results.
Recruiting is important don’t get me wrong...but many people would’ve said that LSU wouldn't have been able to complete with bama going forward 2 years ago based on the recruiting rankings. And as of last year Clemson shouldn’t have been able to compete with either of them. I remover see back in the fall that’s Clemson’s cumulatively class ranking on 247 was 9th. I think Florida was 12 and we were 13th. But very little separately Clemson from us (according to the recruiting experts). Of course we know that Clemson was wayyyy better than 9th. Part of it was they had a great qb. Tennessee could really could win the sec east next year with great qb play. But that’s the most important position and it’s been our weakest link of late

There’s not much difference between any of the 3. Uga has actually lost I think it’s 11 top 150 recruits over the last 2 seasons. So they aren’t nearly as far ahead as you’d think based on the last couple of national signing day results.
Recruiting is important don’t get me wrong...but many people would’ve said that LSU wouldn't have been able to complete with bama going forward 2 years ago based on the recruiting rankings. And as of last year Clemson shouldn’t have been able to compete with either of them. I remover see back in the fall that’s Clemson’s cumulatively class ranking on 247 was 9th. I think Florida was 12 and we were 13th. But very little separately Clemson from us (according to the recruiting experts). Of course we know that Clemson was wayyyy better than 9th. Part of it was they had a great qb. Tennessee could really could win the sec east next year with great qb play. But that’s the most important position and it’s been our weakest link of late
Well like I said..I think we're as close as we've been in 5 years. I still would say UGA and UF overall have more talent than we do. But not so much so that I'm gonna mark L's on the schedule like I have in recent years.

Agree about the qb. It's a big deal this season.

nothing. Rankings are subjective. Made mostly by a bunch of guys who "think" they know football who more than likely never played. There are some good ones, but a lot of it is dependent if youre a frequent camp visitor or not.
Agree. The real rankings for every recruiting class really don't matter until 4 or 5 years later. The Knoxville News-Sentinel used to rerank the Vols' recruiting classes after 4/5 years. I have no idea if they still do, because they got way too expensive and the Sports section sucks, since they were bought out. I know newspapers are dying, but I used to love 'em. Damn shame. Anyway, after one year, that '19 class looks damn good and when all their eligibility is up, it will end up being a true top 10 class. As I also think this class will end up better than currently ranked after 4/5 years

There's still a gap in talent top to bottom. UGA has been top 5 recruiting for 7 years now. Frohm losing Chaney set them back imo. Their defense was sick this year. Had Frohm been a better QB then they make it a game against LSU.

But even last year, If our defense were full strength and we weren't depending on a Freshman QB making his first start, we perhaps could have went 4 qtrs with them.
We're closing the gap for sure though.
Especially in the trenches. I think we're equal there. On both sides. Georgia has a lot of size and skill at WR if used correctly. Now they have Washington at TE. Rbs loaded again. Linebacker and secondary is stout for UGA as well.

Regardless, I think we potentially have the team to play with them this year

Agreed we are still behind uga in several positions. But we should not be blown out by either team anymore. We really need to find elite top flight rb. And pass rusher. One more top 10 recruiting class. Things will be very much even or close to it. Coaching and game plan will be crucial.....in game changes will be key

I've said it many times but look at Wisconsin. They haven't cracked the top 30 classes in a decade....yet always in the national mix for a big 10 title or bcs playoffs. Granted...they aren't in the SEC...but they still massively outperform their recruiting class rankings. Its the program development and coaching.

I've said it many times but look at Wisconsin. They haven't cracked the top 30 classes in a decade....yet always in the national mix for a big 10 title or bcs playoffs. Granted...they aren't in the SEC...but they still massively outperform their recruiting class rankings. Its the program development and coaching.
They play no one.

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back