Rivals 250 Update...

I've said it many times but look at Wisconsin. They haven't cracked the top 30 classes in a decade....yet always in the national mix for a big 10 title or bcs playoffs. Granted...they aren't in the SEC...but they still massively outperform their recruiting class rankings. Its the program development and coaching.
Yes and UT, finally, since Fulmer in his hey-day, now has player/program development and coaching

Dropped to 11th, but average star is 9th overall, and 5th in the SEC. Baby steps perhaps, but in the right direction. If the last half of the season team shows up next fall, we’ll be aight.

A serious question. Does having a long snapper at 2 stars bring down our average?
Serious reply, not trying to be snarky, yes, but ultimately it doesn't matter and I don't care. We are getting ballers at positions of need. We still need to build depth, but we are going to be competitive moving forward.

Serious reply, not trying to be snarky, yes, but ultimately it doesn't matter and I don't care. We are getting ballers at positions of need. We still need to build depth, but we are going to be competitive moving forward.
Yea I’ve always wondered and never asked. I don’t care about stars or average either. It’s just interesting that we sign one of the best LSers in the country and get penalized for it. I’m really pumped about the guys we have and excited to see this group in a few years

Dropped to 11th, but average star is 9th overall, and 5th in the SEC. Baby steps perhaps, but in the right direction. If the last half of the season team shows up next fall, we’ll be aight.

We are good QB play away from winning the division. That's where our defense is and the talent level on offense.

Reactions: SSVol and rkvdg
Said we need to upgrade. 11th what is that 6/7 in SEC? Facts are hard for you.

I don't think it is as much of us needing to upgrade, but that we "ish the bed the first of the year, lost momentum, are trying to get it back, and TN is still seen as a second tier program trying to rise... many top-tier recruits need a little more stability in our program to pull the trigger (or want to go to a top tier SEC program where it is plug and play). I think if we win 8+ next season we will have proved we are on the rise and our coaching staff is stable, and we now have a positive track record to make the talent feel like this is NOT a flash in the pan...

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I don't think it is as much of us needing to upgrade, but that we "ish the bed the first of the year, lost momentum, are trying to get it back, and TN is still seen as a second tier program trying to rise... many top-tier recruits need a little more stability in our program to pull the trigger (or want to go to a top tier SEC program where it is plug and play). I think if we win 8+ next season we will have proved we are on the rise and our coaching staff is stable, and we now have a positive track record to make the talent feel like this is NOT a flash in the pan...
Getting BGS to understand logic and reason is not a recipe for success. You’re wasting your efforts

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back