Rivals 250 Update...

thunder5

Cause I like to party
Rivals just updated the rest of the 250...it went really well for us...here’s a summary...

Thomas +32 to 110
French +8 to 159
Calloway +8 to 161
Hyatt N/A to 193
Eason +4 to 218

Overall we have added 44 points to our total score counting yesterday...6 players bumped up and only one (Lawrence) dropped and that was by a whopping one spot...

Ive been following this for years and I’ve never seen Rivals be so good to us in a rankings update....

Wait for it....wait for it....Pruitt bump!!!!!

Good that our guys get recognized. Last year we had a bunch of big movers up and down. I will be real interested to see how the rest move.

Reactions: utnut
I hope this satisfies the Star chasers.

This is another great class by Pruitt. 2 years in a row he has signed ( In my opinion) Top 10 classes. At every single position we've upgraded what was on the roster previously fron 2018.

Rivals just updated the rest of the 250...it went really well for us...here’s a summary...

Thomas +32 to 110
French +8 to 159
Calloway +8 to 161
Hyatt N/A to 193
Eason +4 to 218

Overall we have added 44 points to our total score counting yesterday...6 players bumped up and only one (Lawrence) dropped and that was by a whopping one spot...

Ive been following this for years and I’ve never seen Rivals be so good to us in a rankings update....

Wait for it....wait for it....Pruitt bump!!!!!
Not Butch bump. In all fairness they were probably right all along.

This is another great class by Pruitt. 2 years in a row he has signed ( In my opinion) Top 10 classes. At every single position we've upgraded what was on the roster previously fron 2018.

Would like to also point out that our class last year was higher than LSU, Florida, Michigan,
Oregon, Auburn, ND, Penn St., Clemson...average recruit rating wise.

This year our avg. recruit rating is higher than ND, Michigan, OK, Auburn, Texas A&M, Penn St.

All according to Rivals.

So idk where people are getting the idea we are so far behind GA and FL, maybe GA, but Florida hasn’t recruited better than us the last two years. Even this year their avg. recruit ranking is .10 better. Results on the field will change soon.

Last edited:
Would like to also point out that our class last year was higher than LSU, Florida, Michigan,
Oregon, Auburn, ND, Penn St., Clemson Average recruit wise.

This year our Avg recruit is higher than ND, Michigan, OK, Auburn, Texas A&M, Penn St.

All according to Rivals.
So idk where people are getting the idea we are so far behind GA and FL, maybe GA, but Florida hasn’t recruited better than us the last two years. Even this year their Avg. recruit ranking is .10 better. Results on the field will change soon.
And Georgia doesn’t have the coaching to match. It really doesn’t matter how many 5 stars they pull. There’s no gap anymore. All 3 teams are about on par, I’d even say UF passed UGA with all the departures

And Georgia doesn’t have the coaching to match. It really doesn’t matter how many 5 stars they pull. There’s no gap anymore. All 3 teams are about on par, I’d even say UF passed UGA with all the departures

There's still a gap in talent top to bottom. UGA has been top 5 recruiting for 7 years now. Frohm losing Chaney set them back imo. Their defense was sick this year. Had Frohm been a better QB then they make it a game against LSU.

But even last year, If our defense were full strength and we weren't depending on a Freshman QB making his first start, we perhaps could have went 4 qtrs with them.
We're closing the gap for sure though.
Especially in the trenches. I think we're equal there. On both sides. Georgia has a lot of size and skill at WR if used correctly. Now they have Washington at TE. Rbs loaded again. Linebacker and secondary is stout for UGA as well.

Regardless, I think we potentially have the team to play with them this year

There's still a gap in talent top to bottom. UGA has been top 5 recruiting for 7 years now. Frohm losing Chaney set them back imo. Their defense was sick this year. Had Frohm been a better QB then they make it a game against LSU.

But even last year, If our defense were full strength and we weren't depending on a Freshman QB making his first start, we perhaps could have went 4 qtrs with them.
Especially in the trenches. I think we're equal there. On both sides. Georgia has a lot of size and skill at WR if used correctly. Now they have Washington at TE. Rbs loaded again. Linebacker and secondary is stout for UGA as well.

Willing to bet my account that EG3 goes for 200 all purpose yards next year against UGA.

roster wise, UGA still has the best overall roster in the East. UF is second. we're 3rd. which is fine. i think we probably have more experience returning again....that counts for something.

i'll put it this way....the last 3-4 years i've looked at our big 3 and any big Non Conf games as 3, or 4 depending on the non conf big game, four sure losses....because of the gigantic gap that existed.

this year, i look at OU and the other 3 and while i think they all probably still have better overall rosters than we do...i could see us winning 1 or 2 of those games. of course, i wouldn't be absolutley shocked if we lost all 4 either. but our talent level has improved, depth is better, and we have experience in most of the spots...save QB and WR.

if the QB in particular isn't an "issue", then our celing raises. if it is...it lowers. to me it's about as simple as that. i like our roster a lot right now. i don't think we're winning the East or anything, but i don't view anyone on our schedule as a "no chance" anymore.

While it's irrelevant in one sense (our performance has nothing to do with star ratings), I do think this is further evidence that Pruitt and staff have been "ahead of the curve" on evaluating recruits. We went after a lot more "lower-rated" recruits than usual this class and many of those recruits have gotten significant bumps near the end of the cycle.

Some of them still seem a bit underrated. Jimmy Holiday is a 3-star QB, but has the capacity to play multiple positions. Tee Hodge is the lowest rated person in our class (other than the long snapper) and he looks like a beast running the ball. Javontez Spraggins is a 3-star with the power of a 5 star. Whitehead is also rated 3-star, but is another guy who could potentially play multiple positions.

Normally there are at least 1 or 2 "head scratchers" in a class for me, where I'm confused as to what the staff is seeing (particularly true in the Butch years), but there's not a single player in this class that I look at and think "why did they recruit this guy?"

Not sure about that. That LSU team was probably the best in recent memory. The offense set records and the defense got better as they got healthy. UGA also only scored 6 more points the year before with all of their WR’s, another 1000 yard rusher, a better TE, and Chaney at OC. LSU’s defense, like most in the SEC, are built to stop Pro Style offenses. Murder ball just doesn’t get it done any more.

Not sure about that. That LSU team was probably the best in recent memory. The offense set records and the defense got better as they got healthy. UGA also only scored 6 more points the year before with all of their WR’s, another 1000 yard rusher, and a better TE. LSU’s defense, like most in the SEC, are built to stop Pro Style offenses. Murder ball just doesn’t get it done any more.

Would be curious to see how Oregon’s 2014 Offense with Mariota (his heisman year I believe) would fair against LSU. Two of the best offenses I’ve seen.

Reactions: Atlanta917
While it's irrelevant in one sense (our performance has nothing to do with star ratings), I do think this is further evidence that Pruitt and staff have been "ahead of the curve" on evaluating recruits. We went after a lot more "lower-rated" recruits than usual this class and many of those recruits have gotten significant bumps near the end of the cycle.

Some of them still seem a bit underrated. Jimmy Holiday is a 3-star QB, but has the capacity to play multiple positions. Tee Hodge is the lowest rated person in our class (other than the long snapper) and he looks like a beast running the ball. Javontez Spraggins is a 3-star with the power of a 5 star. Whitehead is also rated 3-star, but is another guy who could potentially play multiple positions.

Normally there are at least 1 or 2 "head scratchers" in a class for me, where I'm confused as to what the staff is seeing (particularly true in the Butch years), but there's not a single player in this class that I look at and think "why did they recruit this guy?"
agreed. and while last year's class has more "star" power at the top...i think this classs top to bottom is a lot deeper. we had few, if any misses so far in that 19 class, and i'd be shocked if we had a bunch in this class.

to me, these are two extremely solid foundation classes you can build on, and reload from. and if the 21 season goes well, maybe just maybe the 21 cycle is the class that gets you some more of that "instant" impact....at some real positions of need....like WR, DE/OLB, OT, RB etc....

i think our time at the bottom of the barrell is about over.

It won’t satisfy them, because despite so many of our guys getting moved up...we moved down in the team rankings from 8th to 11th. Go figure

Would be curious to see how Oregon’s 2014 Offense with Mariota (his heisman year I believe) would fair against LSU. Two of the best offenses I’ve seen.
I could see that. LSU’s defense was suspect against good dual threat QB’s. If fields was healthy I think OSU would’ve been a good match up for them. They had the pieces on defense to pressure Burrow and the QB, if healthy, to take advantage of their defense.

It won’t satisfy them, because despite so many of our guys getting moved up...we moved down in the team rankings from 8th to 11th. Go figure
hahaha...yesterday we were 8th. i guess they got all the bumps done and ours just weren't enough. the average rating though is still higher than 3 of the teams ranked ahead of us. and it doesn't include 5* Cade Mays taking a spot in the class.

so....there ya go...

hahaha...yesterday we were 8th. i guess they got all the bumps done and ours just weren't enough. the average rating though is still higher than 3 of the teams ranked ahead of us. and it doesn't include 5* Cade Mays taking a spot in the class.

so....there ya go...
Yeah with Cade added that puts us at 7th

Reactions: SweetasSoda
They just dropped Miller off our recruiting class yesterday so losing that 5.6 3* probably affected the ranking a bit too

I'm actually a bit confused on that, because I thought Rivals only counted the top 20 recruits, but we clearly fell 3 spots after Miller officially left the class.

That said (a) the recruiting rankings are far from infallible, and (b) they don't include transfers like 5-star Cade Mays. We also get Deangelo Gibbs (former 4-star) this season (even though he officially joined last season).

I'm actually a bit confused on that, because I thought Rivals only counted the top 20 recruits, but we clearly fell 3 spots after Miller officially left the class.

That said (a) the recruiting rankings are far from infallible, and (b) they don't include transfers like 5-star Cade Mays. We also get Deangelo Gibbs (former 4-star) this season (even though he officially joined last season).
Yeah, never really tried to decipher their methods of class ranking, but like you said, too big a coincidence not to be related

That was due to a glitch in there scoring system...basically they took away all the points a player gets for being in the 250...the reapplied those points today and we dropped

I get exactly what you’re saying...are Calloway and Hyatt better players because they’re both in the 250 now? Of course not...but to the average fan who doesn’t follow recruiting that close it looks like we’ve filled one of our biggest needs with two high caliber players...and if we were to add Wideman to this WR class then it really looks like a homerun on paper...perception matters more than a lot of people want to admit...especially early on in a rebuild process

I get exactly what you’re saying...are Calloway and Hyatt better players because they’re both in the 250 now? Of course not...but to the average fan who doesn’t follow recruiting that close it looks like we’ve filled one of our biggest needs with two high caliber players...and if we were to add Wideman to this WR class then it really looks like a homerun on paper...perception matters more than a lot of people want to admit...especially early on in a rebuild process
only to the people that are simply ignorant to the whole thing...and i don't mean that in an ugly way...just not everybody follows this stuff as closesly as a lot of us do....so they really don't know until/unless they look at the rankings around/after signing day.

it is what it is. for the programe, prospects and players...it means absolutely nothing, except for maybe the personal satisfaction of being recognized for your talent/skills....but like you said it's not a matter of "yesterday you weren't very good, but today, you are"...lol.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost

VN Store

Back