RIP Keith Hatfield aka Hatvol

Captain Stats aka Peyton Manning, Haystacks aka Fulmer and Uncle Jed aka Jerry Green will always stick with me.
Hat and I shared the same views on Manning and Fulmer. But went toe to toe in many other arenas and finally went our separate ways. Definitely a legend though. I never held any grudges and hate to hear about this

Reactions: vader and cd12
One of my last memories on here was Hat mixing it up in the Braves thread the season after the Cards-Braves infield fly rule. Never saw much of him after that. He’ll be missed.

Reactions: cd12
Just awful news. Obviously hadn’t posted here in years, but VN old timers will never forget. He was one of a kind.

I came here to make this post.

He was an EXCEPTIONAL writer. And the dude knew more about hoops than any other poster I’ve ever encountered. Some of my earliest VN memories are reading his posts.

He was a bit rough around the edges, and I’m sure many of y’all had spats with him. But man, could he write.

RIP, Hat.

Sad to hear - I remember him well from here but never had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

Reactions: cd12
I went to the UT vs. Okla State basketball game in Nashville in 2006 I believe courtesy of him. He was a really cool guy and from LaFollette like me. I missed it when he stopped posting here.

Last edited:
I miss his hatred for Auburn. I wish I could still read his love letter to Auburn

c/p from another forum:

Dear Auburn, With your football contest against my alma mater now less than a week away, I feel this is an appropriate time for me to remind you of my feelings for you. I hate you. I hate your backward little cow college. I hate your players, coaches, students, administrators, fans, alumni, janitors, and cafeteria workers. I hate your multiple mascots. I hate you to the point I root for both Alabama and Al Qaeda against you. I hate the fact your supporters, with their cow feces caked work boots, will be allowed inside Neyland Stadium next week. I hate you to the point that I have rooted for Texas to defeat you. I hate you so viciously that I don't even root for you against Vanderbilt, I simply hope the ground opens up and swallows both teams and their supporters. I hate you enough to hope you go winless and scoreless every season. I hope this clears up any ambiguity about my thoughts regarding your institution and its supporters. Have a nice day. Sincerely, Hatvol96

c/p from another forum:

Dear Auburn, With your football contest against my alma mater now less than a week away, I feel this is an appropriate time for me to remind you of my feelings for you. I hate you. I hate your backward little cow college. I hate your players, coaches, students, administrators, fans, alumni, janitors, and cafeteria workers. I hate your multiple mascots. I hate you to the point I root for both Alabama and Al Qaeda against you. I hate the fact your supporters, with their cow feces caked work boots, will be allowed inside Neyland Stadium next week. I hate you to the point that I have rooted for Texas to defeat you. I hate you so viciously that I don't even root for you against Vanderbilt, I simply hope the ground opens up and swallows both teams and their supporters. I hate you enough to hope you go winless and scoreless every season. I hope this clears up any ambiguity about my thoughts regarding your institution and its supporters. Have a nice day. Sincerely, Hatvol96
That's ALL TIME, right there.

Love him or hate him, his internet persona was just that, a persona.

The real Keith Hatfield would have given you the shirt of his back if you were in need of it.

Thoughts go out to those he leaves behind. RIP Hatvol.
good to see you doozer

Reactions: doozer

VN Store

Back