RIP Keith Hatfield aka Hatvol

Dang. I actually knew him outside of the board, went to a few games and hung out a couple of times years ago.

Reactions: volfan2024
Wow One of my favorites and knew he went to other boards. Missed him since he last posted. Always looking from a different angle and yes not always what a Vol Fan wanted to hear, but he was dead on with some his perspectives.

Reactions: volfan2024
His ruthless-and frankly sometimes nasty-internet manners would drive people crazy sometimes. Yet most of his takes would enlighten and inform you. Regardless of whether one agreed with him on any given topic, he always challenged and demanded that people think critically. One of the few ever "must read" posters in Tennessee Vol Message Boarding history. When I joined this site 15 years or so ago as a middle school kid just wanting to absorb all things Tennessee sports, his basketball genius and analysis always kept me coming back for more. I know bridges were burned with him and this site long ago, but that is water under the bridge at this point. Won't be the same without his expertise for many of us long time Tennessee message boarders. Such an entertaining and colorful character.

I hope Keith has found peace and comfort and knows how many people cared about his writings and radio work over the years.

RIP, Hat. Man this one just hits hard. The guy deserves a statue around here. He was a truly good man - regardless of what the wrestling persona he wore around the interwebs might lead one to believe.
He was a Heel like vintage Roddy Piper. Even when he tore you apart with words you couldn't help but crack a smile because frankly he was just so good at it.

Just awful news. Obviously hadn’t posted here in years, but VN old timers will never forget. He was one of a kind.

I respectfully ask what was it that he left the board over? I seem to remember he blew up about something and just left.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Sorry to hear this. Back when you could PM people, he helped me out when my wife’s small high school had a question about a basketball asst coach job candidate.

I seem to remember him telling us he had some personal things he had to attend to when he said he was leaving and I got the feeling it might be health issues.

Rest In Peace.

Reactions: MWR

VN Store

Back