Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

I don't get it either, P12 is a bush league now, especially in Football.

Granted he's got access to that SoCal recruiting pipeline but OK paired with SEC would have been much better for him.
USC has an easier path to playoffs. The SEC had 13 teams become bowl eligible. This move tells me he wants no part of the SEC rather it’s LSU or Oklahoma.

If it is true that Bob Stoops will be or has been named Interim HC at OU, and that is being reported, there is bad blood between him and Heupel so that may come into play. I like Josh's confidence and semi-redneck nature to never speak to Stoops after the firing. Lincoln Riley wanted no part of the SEC and if he can make crazy money at USC and live there rather than in the bayous, the man has solid common sense.

Can you imagine?

I wouldn’t be opposed to hiring Kiffin back. I’ll gladly admit that. However I’m not a Heupel hater either. Hope he stays. I just think it would be a dumb career choice for him to not even consider OU and the 7-8 million dollar check, 10+ wins, and playoff contention that comes with it year after year.

Not even close to the same situation

USC job opened late compared to others, Kiffin was like the 5th or 6th choice after top targets said no.

Right now we are at the first stage of the job opening up late compared to others in the market.

Only difference for next part is that Heupel should easily be a top 3 target for OU whereas Kiffin was like top 10

VN Store

Back