Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

Not really understanding the Riley leaving OU for USC. Seems like a lateral move to me. I thought Riley would get a NFL job at some point. Another thing to consider is the fact that Stoops had the cupboard stocked pretty good before Riley took over but that’s not the case at USC. He could struggle a bit at first

I don't get it either, P12 is a bush league now, especially in Football.

Granted he's got access to that SoCal recruiting pipeline but OK paired with SEC would have been much better for him.

It is somewhat humorous that Florida dumped Dan Mullen to hire Billy Buzzcut. Whatever happens and I don't think Heupel will leave, I think Danny White can make a sound coaching hire if necessary just like the last time.

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
No disrespect to Heupel but Oklahoma would have to strike out on major targets before even considering Heupel.
Man I literally remember reading an article before kiffin bolted to usc, and they named like 11 guys that would have to turn it down before it got to Lane.
. That night he got the job.
I hope this is not a case of deja vu.

Last edited:
Reactions: therealitytheory
No disrespect to Heupel but Oklahoma would have to strike out on major targets before even considering Heupel.

Agreed. Also people forget that Heupel and OU were not in good standing when JH left. OU is a premier job. They will be able to hire a top notch coach. Even if they somehow don’t, Heupel likely isn’t even on their list.

VN Store

Back