Rickea Jackson is coming back!

I got a funny feeling horston coming back to yall lol just saying

Yes. Her two closest teammates are coming back so hope that sways her. Can you imagine how much better the next year start would be given we finally have chemistry and Jill should be even further developed (I sure could keep going on here but lmy saliva is beginning to overflow :D)

Yes. Her two closest teammates are coming back so hope that sways her. Can you imagine how much better the next year start would be given we finally have chemistry and Jill should be even further developed (I sure could keep going on here but lmy saliva is beginning to overflow :D)

Now i wish horston just come on and get it over with lol but ik its all planned and have to be preceived it was a hard decision to chose between school or wnba but ill play the game im here for it this obviously have been planned

If Kellie will just go out in the portal and get us a couple of quick guards that can shoot the three were ready for anybody. I have to believe Jordan Horston is coming back as well. I can't see her breaking up the family and another chance to play with Tamari. Jasmine Powell I believe will be back, but we need a shooting combo guard that can defend and shoot the three no matter if that happens.

I think now that we will have a chance to have a tremendous year next season, we will have a much better chance to get an elite guard through the portal. Doing well this postseason will help too. They want to play for contenders. Come be a Lady Vol ya'll!!!

WOW ….. Just WOW! Christmas in March !

I can’t believe that Jordy would move on NOW?

Surely this situation will get any and all recruit’s attention! Rocky Top is definitely becoming the MOVE ! 👍

I’m leaning more of the NIL being 99% the reason and maybe one percent is from appreciating the discipline but no matter we are glad she’s coming back for another year

Tennessee has eleven billionaires. Alabama's wealthy person had $600 million and is an Auburn fan.

In football, this is why wee little Nick Saban is so upset with the new "changes" in the rules.

Lady Vols can earn more with us than in the WNBA,

Now i wish horston just come on and get it over with lol but ik its all planned and have to be preceived it was a hard decision to chose between school or wnba but ill play the game im here for it this obviously have been planned
Rickea will probably have more competition for lottery picks next season, Jordan would likely draft higher if she left now. It's definitely something to take into consideration. Selfishly I want them all back, but I'd understand if she were to leave

Rickea will probably have more competition for lottery picks next season, Jordan would likely draft higher if she left now. It's definitely something to take into consideration. Selfishly I want them all back, but I'd understand if she were to leave
GREAT POINT HERE...i hope she doesnt think like you tho lol

I think now that we will have a chance to have a tremendous year next season, we will have a much better chance to get an elite guard through the portal. Doing well this postseason will help too. They want to play for contenders. Come be a Lady Vol ya'll!!!
Guards that can handle, shoot, and guard are looking to be all we need. If the team wants to be great the players we'll need play the one and two. The ones we have now are just not effective enough and make the inside game a lot tougher.

I don't think much changes in terms of draft lottery position for either. Rickea will be a top five pick next season, maybe even a #1 if she cleans some aspects of her game (ball handling, more consistent outside shot). Same for Jordan. She can make herself a higher pick by getting a bit more consistent in her shot and perhaps showing she can be an effective PG, where I think her pro value would be the highest.

If Kellie will just go out in the portal and get us a couple of quick guards that can shoot the three were ready for anybody. I have to believe Jordan Horston is coming back as well. I can't see her breaking up the family and another chance to play with Tamari. Jasmine Powell I believe will be back, but we need a shooting combo guard that can defend and shoot the three no matter if that happens.

That is certainly the path we want to be going down. I agree that it is hard to see Horston leaving when the other two are staying.

And yes, the key will be upgrading at guard. Desperately need two quick ones who can score in bunches and don't turn the ball over.

I saw a recent interview where Caitlin Clark mentioned she was considering taking her COVID year. Reese could also take her COVID year. She seems to be really happy at LSU, and they will be contenders next year. If Paige is healthy, I could see her wanting to play another year (24-25) with Azzi. A lot could change with next years projected draft.

It's different for Horston, IMO. I know she loves Tennessee, her teammates and her coaching staff. She also loves the fans, but she is also a particularly deeply sensitive woman who has taken a LOT of abuse from fans on social media. A LOT. And she has been regularly hurt by it. Her family has been regularly hurt by it. Could that be a factor in her decision? Maybe. I hate to think the minority of ugly fans have that much power, but, really, there's only so much a person can take. And don't respond with, "They shouldn't be on social media, anyway!" ... because that's just part of being a young person today. They care a LOT what people are saying about them on the internet. It is what it is.

🤤

I’m leaning more of the NIL being 99% the reason and maybe one percent is from appreciating the discipline but no matter we are glad she’s coming back for another year
Maybe Rickea understands how important Education is and wants to get as much as possible (At NO COST) before moving on to the next chapter. If players are thinking about the long haul and not having to ever be dependent on anyone other than themselves, they are getting as much education as possible and many of these parents brought them up with Grades and School first, Basketball Second and that is the way it should be. NIL is great, but there are other motivators. Professional Women's basketball is short termed and not guaranteed with the limited number of roster spots. The smart ones will get as much education as possible, i.e., Keyan Green & Jordan Walker and enjoy college. I think I had heard that Jordan Horston had an associate degree before starting at Tennessee out of highschool, so she may be farther along than any of us know. In the real world they have to fend for themselves and considering the teams overall academic standing, we have some smart young women on this team.

Rickea Jackson will be a lottery pick whenever she decides to turn pro. This season, she has been the best offensive player I’ve watched in the country. A lot of factors around her are different than any of the other top players in WCBB and now she’s settled in nicely. Right now, it’s hard to imagine any scenario where Rickea J doesn’t become a household name as one of the all-time greats during her career at Tennessee. She’s elite.

Maybe Rickea understands how important Education is and wants to get as much as possible (At NO COST) before moving on to the next chapter. If players are thinking about the long haul and not having to ever be dependent on anyone other than themselves, they are getting as much education as possible and many of these parents brought them up with Grades and School first, Basketball Second and that is the way it should be. NIL is great, but there are other motivators. Professional Women's basketball is short termed and not guaranteed with the limited number of roster spots. The smart ones will get as much education as possible, i.e., Keyan Green & Jordan Walker and enjoy college. I think I had heard that Jordan Horston had an associate degree before starting at Tennessee out of highschool, so she may be farther along than any of us know. In the real world they have to fend for themselves and considering the teams overall academic standing, we have some smart young women on this team.

Absolutely, an NIL would be less attractive to players that hate school or don't care about education.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Excellent post! 🙏

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back