Rickea Jackson is coming back!

Kim and Dawn upon hearing this news...
640769d9934c2c001802e541

Not a clue, but hope so. Whether two or three biggies returning, it should be easy to get an impactive PG from the portal and maybe one from HS also to add to the mix.

That should slow down the replace the coach rhetoric.
Kellie isn't going anywhere soon. Every player you hear talk about her talks about her in a positive light and sound like they would run through a wall for her. Pat Summitt taught her right; "It's about the People." "Put good people around you and everything else will take care of itself." Kellie continues to do that with staff, coaches and the players she recruits.

Great news for the team. Tennessee now returns an elite roster in 2023-2024 headlined by All-SEC C Tamari Key and All-American F Rickea Jackson.
The emergence of Jillian Hollingshead and Karoline Striplin has the LVs poised to enter the season as a Top 10 team.
Tennessee will likely sign two players out of the portal. If Horston enters the WNBA draft that number could increase to three. I think the goal will be to sign two good young players out of the portal to fill-in for Jordan Walker and Jasmine Franklin.
Brooklynn Miles is a returning player to keep an eye on and I like her upside. Miles was one of the LVs top defensive players in the 2022 season as a true freshman.

Last edited:
Waiting for the negative spin from Loyal You-Know-Who. Always interesting to see the silence from the most vocal critics when good news is announced. Wheat separated from chaff.

Wonderful news and very reassuring to those real fans who had understandable, legitimate concerns about next year. Hopefully, we'll soon see another postive announcement, and our supporting cast will be dedicating themselves to making major strides to give us the depth that we know they can provide.

Get Horston to come back

Get a legitimate point guard out of the portal

Start playing defense to the Lady Vol standard

Do all of these next year and this team could contend for a national title.
The two years they had Key inside were two of the best defensive years % wise in the history of Lady Vol Basketball. Teams shot low 30's against us both years. This team is missing a big piece on the defensive end right now.

I don't get where the Puckett business is coming from. She's a young player and after next year she'll have at least 3 starting spots opening up to compete for.
Yeah I definitely want Puckett back. I see her role growing a lot next year.

Miles and Wynn should and probably will portal out which will open up spots to add point guards

Yeah I definitely want Puckett back. I see her role growing a lot next year.

Miles and Wynn should and probably will portal out which will open up spots to add point guards

Help Miles and Wynn find a school where they can be successful at. Then go in the portal and grab the best defender/facilitator PG that is available. Improve the defense and get more flow on offense. And you got a chance to have a special season.

If Jordan stays, you have to wonder what this means for some of the younger players that were expecting to get more minutes next year. Pissott, Puckett, Wynn? Hopefully not, but we may see some attrition.
Relative easy way you can satisfy ten player rotation beyond that I can't see much for anyone else. Key and Hollingshead at the five, Puckett and Striplin at the four, Jackson and Pissott at the three, Horston and Darby at the two, Powell and someone at the point guard position. That leaves Miles and Wynn and you really need a perimeter effective guard instead of one of those two. We just don't have enough perimeter shooters on the team this season. Need to add to the guard position with three point able to defend the drive guard.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not a clue, but hope so. Whether two or three biggies returning, it should be easy to get an impactive PG from the portal and maybe one from HS also to add to the mix.

That should slow down the replace the coach rhetoric.

It has been stopped dead in the tracks. No AD would mess with this formula. Even without Jordan H (and I hope that changes soon), this roster is now stacked talent-wise and experienced (a missing element in the early season this year). Kellie should have her pick of the transfer portal now, when it comes to strengthening the PG position. Jackson, Key, Holldingshead, Tess/Justine, and a PG makes for a heck of a starting five. If Jordan comes back, one reason might be for her to prove she can be an elite PG, so that solution might be right in front of us.

To see the title of this thread on the home page, shocking, and just WOW! This is something I wished could happen, but didn’t really think it would. Rickea is the best player I’ve seen here, since Candace. I’ve been smiling since the LSU win, then came Tamari, and now Rickea. This is Huge! Thank you, Rickea! TN fans going to make you very happy!

GO LADY VOLS!!!

The concerns heading into next year were certainly overstated for months with how DOMINANT the Lady Vols staff had been in the portal.
Tennessee was going to efficiently retool another talented roster through the portal. I believe this fact is proven with the immediate announcements of returning All-SEC C Tamari Key and All-American F Rickea Jackson. They were given first priority to make their decisions to return as we continue to await announcements from Jasmine Powell and WNBA projected lottery pick Jordan Horston.
In addition, in 2023 there has been two strategic and solidifying commitments of high school underclassmen that are generational prospects. Both projected to rank from 1-25 in their respective classes.
True LVs fans can clearly see that this is not only by design but has sustained a culture that was established as a historical standard for a 8-time Nat’l Champion program.
The LVs and Rocky Top is the headline once again of WCBB alongside elite programs South Carolina, Stanford, and UConn.
The major difference is Tennessee is doing this for the programs 3rd era of greatness.
We’ve never witnessed long-term historical greatness to this level on the women’s side of college basketball. The only program to ever make every SINGLE NCAA tournament in history.
Now, a program that looks poised to compete for a 9th national championship.
Wow, Rocky Top is the Move🫶.

I believe this also shows us that Jackson really appreciated the discipline she received from Coach Harper in helping her grow even more as a player and Teammate along with NIL finicial wonderful news for the program and fan base. In CHRIST Alone
I’m leaning more of the NIL being 99% the reason and maybe one percent is from appreciating the discipline but no matter we are glad she’s coming back for another year

VN Store

Back