Rickea Jackson is coming back!

It's great news for the program. We can thank the fact that Jackson would only make $72K as a rookie in the WNBA--even as someone who'd be a first-year starter, surely. Contrast that with the NBA, where young men who are not even close to ready start or even play much are drafted high in the first round and get lucrative million-dollar plus contracts. The UT men had two one-and-done players two years ago. Both drafted in the first round, both talented, but not ready for pro action. One is averaging about 2 minutes a game, the other about 8, in the 2nd year.

I believe this also shows us that Jackson really appreciated the discipline she received from Coach Harper in helping her grow even more as a player and Teammate along with NIL finicial wonderful news for the program and fan base. In CHRIST Alone

If Kellie will just go out in the portal and get us a couple of quick guards that can shoot the three were ready for anybody. I have to believe Jordan Horston is coming back as well. I can't see her breaking up the family and another chance to play with Tamari. Jasmine Powell I believe will be back, but we need a shooting combo guard that can defend and shoot the three no matter if that happens.

Last edited:
That said, next year’s team cannot lose double digit games again.

No, they aren’t thinking like you at all. This year’s team finish the regular season playing for a SEC title and heads into March Madness as a 4-seed. Not a single member on that team is thinking about the regular season record.

If Jordan stays, you have to wonder what this means for some of the younger players that were expecting to get more minutes next year. Pissott, Puckett, Wynn? Hopefully not, but we may see some attrition.

More minutes have to be earned. It wasn’t a guarantee that any returning player would receive more minutes if Rickea and Jordan had enter the WBNA draft with the portal additions that were certainly going to join next year’s roster.

Talking about recruiting and NIL I believe Coach had a plan we will offer certain money for HS Players in which Lsu offered much more because we have a chance to retain several great players already here who deserves big money not HS kid who has not proved anything. In CHRIST Alone

If Jordan stays, you have to wonder what this means for some of the younger players that were expecting to get more minutes next year. Pissott, Puckett, Wynn? Hopefully not, but we may see some attrition.[/QUOTE

Good question to be honest wynn and miles i dnt see in our future pissott n puckett thats gone be a issue we must keep them n also whats gone happen with marta

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I can’t say I saw this coming but if she’s happy at UT, no reason to rush things.

The tournament was cancelled in 20, she played under NMP in a terrible 21 season and also had an interim coach in 22 before leaving the team. Maybe she’s finally happy with the stability and such offered at UT.

I hope she is satisfied with her decision. It makes next season much different for the LVs

Last edited:
Not a clue, but hope so. Whether two or three biggies returning, it should be easy to get an impactive PG from the portal and maybe one from HS also to add to the mix.

That should slow down the replace the coach rhetoric.
While the fire KJH talk needs to stop, I still believe that KJH has to find a way to bring in top high school talent on a consistent bases.

I don’t think this has anything to do with the 2022 or 2023 recruiting battles with other teams and NIL at all. I simply think the head coach and staff didn’t view it necessary to overcompensate and offer NIL deals to those HS players at this particular time in the program. People are blinded by hype but honestly around college basketball right now they aren’t many program changing 2022 players in WCBB. Not many freshmen players are making their teams better in the first season but just based on high ratings out of HS they are surrounded with hype from fans.
I’m sure the highly recruited prospects that are committed as underclassmen to the LVS have the same understanding about the LVs NIL standards as those two or three years ahead of them who committed to other programs.
Tennessee will dominate the portal once again this signing period and the difference will be the roster returning is already elite with the announcements of Tamari Key and Rickea Jackson with the emergence of potential stars in Jillian Hollingshead and Karoline Striplin. Tess Darby, Sara Puckett, Justine Pissott, Kaiya Wynn, and Brooklynn Miles must continue to develop.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back