Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4, PC)

I always loved how the RE characters were way too experienced for their ages. I don't buy that IRL Leon and Claire could accomplish the things they did at 21 and 19 but at least Leon was a rookie cop.

But the original RE was crazy. Chris and Jill had accomplished all kinds of things at 25 and 23. It was hilarious.

I always loved how the RE characters were way too experienced for their ages. I don't buy that IRL Leon and Claire could accomplish the things they did at 21 and 19 but at least Leon was a rookie cop.

But the original RE was crazy. Chris and Jill had accomplished all kinds of things at 25 and 23. It was hilarious.

Lol, that's Japanese developers for you. I think they have an even stronger obsession with youth than Americans, although they do tend to value their elderly more than we do.

It's a big reason why I've lost interest in many of the Final Fantasy games in recent years. The protagonists and party members are all about 16-20 years old.

FF6 at least had plenty of characters in their mid-late 20s, with a few who were much older (Cyan, Strago).

Lol, that's Japanese developers for you. I think they have an even stronger obsession with youth than Americans, although they do tend to value their elderly more than we do.

It's a big reason why I've lost interest in many of the Final Fantasy games in recent years. The protagonists and party members are all about 16-20 years old.

FF6 at least had plenty of characters in their mid-late 20s, with a few who were much older (Cyan, Strago).

Yeah there's a guy who used to keep up with an indepth plot analysis about Resident Evil, and he went into detail about how youth obsessed Japan is. I always wondered why they couldn't have at least put them in their 30s, that would have been a little more believable.

Then again, some of it age wouldn't make it much better. Apparently to be an RE protagonist, you automatically know how to fly planes, helicopters, use any kind of gun, fix sewer systems, hack computers, and even make vaccines on the fly.

Watch someone play the demo on youtube... looks awesome.. creepy.. pitch black in some spots with only a flashlight.

I really hope they release the demo to play in the next month or so.

It used to be a Resident Evil tradition. The RE2 demo was on the RE: Director's Cut disc, and I'm pretty sure Code Veronica had a demo on Dreamcast. Both RE4 and RE5 had demos, too.

It used to be a Resident Evil tradition. The RE2 demo was on the RE: Director's Cut disc, and I'm pretty sure Code Veronica had a demo on Dreamcast. Both RE4 and RE5 had demos, too.

RE 7 had its infamous demo as well.

RE6 had a demo as well. And RE3 had a demo disc that came with Dino Crisis.

I still have the RE2 demo.

Still wished they would have released the original version of RE2 before they scrapped it at like 90 percent done and started over again.

I think it was actually only a little over 60% done; but I think there is a playable version you can download and play via emulator now. Fans finished it by using parts of the RE2 we got to fill in the "gaps" missing. I'm actually watching someone playing it on Twitch right now.

FYI the demo is releasing today on PS4/Xbox One/Steam. It's a timed demo, you can play the game for 30 minutes and then it ends.

Getting it around noon. Excited. Off work, gonna drink and play a remake of one of my favorite games of all time. Hell yeah.

I finally got to the point where Mr. X shows up. Immediately hightailed it back to Irons' office and hid for a good 5 minutes. I could hear him stomping around outside and opening doors looking for me. Really not looking forward to venturing back outside...

VN Store

Back