Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4, PC)

I always loved how the RE characters were way too experienced for their ages. I don't buy that IRL Leon and Claire could accomplish the things they did at 21 and 19 but at least Leon was a rookie cop.

But the original RE was crazy. Chris and Jill had accomplished all kinds of things at 25 and 23. It was hilarious.

Aesius

I always loved how the RE characters were way too experienced for their ages. I don't buy that IRL Leon and Claire could accomplish the things they did at 21 and 19 but at least Leon was a rookie cop.

But the original RE was crazy. Chris and Jill had accomplished all kinds of things at 25 and 23. It was hilarious.
Lol, that's Japanese developers for you. I think they have an even stronger obsession with youth than Americans, although they do tend to value their elderly more than we do.

It's a big reason why I've lost interest in many of the Final Fantasy games in recent years. The protagonists and party members are all about 16-20 years old.

FF6 at least had plenty of characters in their mid-late 20s, with a few who were much older (Cyan, Strago).

Lol, that's Japanese developers for you. I think they have an even stronger obsession with youth than Americans, although they do tend to value their elderly more than we do.

It's a big reason why I've lost interest in many of the Final Fantasy games in recent years. The protagonists and party members are all about 16-20 years old.

FF6 at least had plenty of characters in their mid-late 20s, with a few who were much older (Cyan, Strago).
Yeah there's a guy who used to keep up with an indepth plot analysis about Resident Evil, and he went into detail about how youth obsessed Japan is. I always wondered why they couldn't have at least put them in their 30s, that would have been a little more believable.

Then again, some of it age wouldn't make it much better. Apparently to be an RE protagonist, you automatically know how to fly planes, helicopters, use any kind of gun, fix sewer systems, hack computers, and even make vaccines on the fly.

Still wished they would have released the original version of RE2 before they scrapped it at like 90 percent done and started over again.
I think it was actually only a little over 60% done; but I think there is a playable version you can download and play via emulator now. Fans finished it by using parts of the RE2 we got to fill in the "gaps" missing. I'm actually watching someone playing it on Twitch right now.

VN Store

Sponsors