Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4, PC)

I finally got to the point where Mr. X shows up. Immediately hightailed it back to Irons' office and hid for a good 5 minutes. I could hear him stomping around outside and opening doors looking for me. Really not looking forward to venturing back outside...

Seems like he's not much of an issue on Claire's A campaign. If you know where you're going and what you need to do, he's in the RPD with you for maybe 15-20 minutes.

Seems like he's not much of an issue on Claire's A campaign. If you know where you're going and what you need to do, he's in the RPD with you for maybe 15-20 minutes.

Yeah he’s definitely around more in the “2nd runs” than the 1st.

Don’t know why they wouldn’t just go ahead and do 1, then 3

Doubt they'll do the first one again since they just released the HD upgrade a few years ago. Plus it still holds up pretty good IMO.

But they definitely need to do RE3 then Code Veronica again.

I don’t see them doing Code Veronica. My guess is they remake 3 and move on with 8. However Dino Crisis 1 and 2 could very well be remade imo.

I'm a pretty hardened RE veteran, and this game is legit spooking me. Walking down the dark hallways of the RPD is unnerving.

Also, so far I'm a terrible shot. I had to reload my last game because one zombie surprised me and I unloaded a whole clip at it and only hit it like 3 times.

I'm a pretty hardened RE veteran, and this game is legit spooking me. Walking down the dark hallways of the RPD is unnerving.

Also, so far I'm a terrible shot. I had to reload my last game because one zombie surprised me and I unloaded a whole clip at it and only hit it like 3 times.

Same here. They nailed the atmosphere and tension. Especially the RPD area. Zombies are genuinely scary in this game. That hasn’t been said in LONG time by me.

I'm playing on PC, so I'm able to be pretty accurate with my shots. Everyone talks about conserving ammo, but I legitimately killed EVERY enemy in the game as Claire and never had a shortage of ammo. It's actually a really good idea to clear out the RPD and board up the windows before Mr. X shows up. Makes his appearances much easier to handle because you can just haul ass away from him and zigzag around without worrying about running into zombies or lickers.

I can't get over how much I love this game. I was skeptical but hopeful this was going to be a great game but it's actually gone way past my expectations. It has enough of the old game to be familar but changes enough to still surprise even the most hardcore RE fans. I thought the improvement from the original RE to the RE remake was a big jump but this is even greater.

And the scares have actually gotten me. I thought I'd be ready for the Lickers but 2 or 3 have already legit startled me. And last night on my Claire B run, I'm going along fine and I go around a corner and bam there is Mr. X. Legit scared the crap out of me.

I'm playing on PC, so I'm able to be pretty accurate with my shots. Everyone talks about conserving ammo, but I legitimately killed EVERY enemy in the game as Claire and never had a shortage of ammo. It's actually a really good idea to clear out the RPD and board up the windows before Mr. X shows up. Makes his appearances much easier to handle because you can just haul ass away from him and zigzag around without worrying about running into zombies or lickers.

You playing on standard of hardcore? It’s certainly not advacible to kill everything on hardcore.

I can't get over how much I love this game. I was skeptical but hopeful this was going to be a great game but it's actually gone way past my expectations. It has enough of the old game to be familar but changes enough to still surprise even the most hardcore RE fans. I thought the improvement from the original RE to the RE remake was a big jump but this is even greater.

And the scares have actually gotten me. I thought I'd be ready for the Lickers but 2 or 3 have already legit startled me. And last night on my Claire B run, I'm going along fine and I go around a corner and bam there is Mr. X. Legit scared the crap out of me.

They did a great job. Capcom has reached elite levels again. It’s nice to have them back.

You playing on standard of hardcore? It’s certainly not advacible to kill everything on hardcore.

Standard. Of course hardcore is a different experience but most players are going through on standard

Reactions: UTK
Standard. Of course hardcore is a different experience but most players are going through on standard

Yeah that’s true. I didn’t kill everything during standard runs but I would say I had enough ammo in the end. Interestingly enough with Claire though I didn’t have much ammo at the end on standard, maybe I missed some or maybe the adaptive difficulty kicked in or something?

Anyways it’s so glad to see so many people enjoying this. Makes me feel for sure feel like RE remake will be on its way soon.

Reactions: Aesius
Yeah that’s true. I didn’t kill everything during standard runs but I would say I had enough ammo in the end. Interestingly enough with Claire though I didn’t have much ammo at the end on standard, maybe I missed some or maybe the adaptive difficulty kicked in or something?

Anyways it’s so glad to see so many people enjoying this. Makes me feel for sure feel like RE remake will be on its way soon.

I think Claire has an easier time because her grenade launcher is so powerful. Makes quick work of lickers and the plant zombies.

Has anyone beaten Hardcore mode yet or gotten the S ranking on standard/hardcore achievement/trophy?

Has anyone beaten Hardcore mode yet or gotten the S ranking on standard/hardcore achievement/trophy?

I’m about halfway through a hardcore play through with Claire. Honestly, I almost wish I’d never even started with standard. Hardcore is a lot more tense and unforgiving...what an experience it woulda been to play your first play through ok it. Lol.

I'm starting a Standard S ranking run with Claire, so I can get that achivement and get the unlimited ammo Samuri Edge pistol. I also missed one document during the Sherry Orphanage segment so I need to get that for the read all files achievement.

I'm starting a Standard S ranking run with Claire, so I can get that achivement and get the unlimited ammo Samuri Edge pistol. I also missed one document during the Sherry Orphanage segment so I need to get that for the read all files achievement.

I missed the damn raccoon in the orphanage...

I missed the damn raccoon in the orphanage...

The file I missed you have to get as Sherry. I only got 1 of hers. I was so focused on getting the other Sherry achievement for getting out of the room in 60 seconds and the fact that it's pretty freaky to hide from Irons that I didn't think to look for files.

The file I missed you have to get as Sherry. I only got 1 of hers. I was so focused on getting the other Sherry achievement for getting out of the room in 60 seconds and the fact that it's pretty freaky to hide from Irons that I didn't think to look for files.

Yeah the Irons bit was so tense. I got caught by him the first time when I was trying to sneak around the shelves.

I'm playing through the Claire Standard trying to get the S ranking. I'm following a guy's YouTube run where he got an S+ on the same mode and finished the game in 2:05. I'm about 40 minutes behind his pace, mostly because a few times I got caught being chased by Mr. X and I couldn't shake him very well. This is harder than I thought it would be, though I haven't died yet.

FYI free DLC is out.

One set is just a humorous skin for Leon and Claire, it makes them look like they do in the original 1998 game. Personally I hope they release a skin that makes all the zombies and Mr. X look like their 1998 versions too.

The other set is 3 new scenarios about 3 other characters in the game. One for Kendo the gun shop owner, one for another of the Umbrealla mercenaries, and one for the Mayor's daughter that Chief Irons offed. Apparently they are mostly speedrun hard modes like The 4th Survivor.

Reactions: Aesius

VN Store

Back