Report contradicts Rick Barnes account of not taking UCLA job

For it and all the other threads concerning CRB’s salary to go away?

Too simple. You’re part of the problem that we’re complaining about round and round in a circle arguing with the exit sign.

Obviousism isn’t a word, and I can’t take anyone seriously who would issue said non-word. Not that you were ever a threat to be taken seriously. 😉 As for the rest of your rabble, you just yell out “lie” and try to slither yourself out of having to answer a question. You didn’t have a solution. It’s ok...we already know.
The only slithering going on is being done by Rick Barnes. Again, that’s the point. Duh on obviousism and NOBODY YELLED, until now. I could care less whether you take me or anyone else serious. But what is obvious without sarcasm is how impressed you are with yourself. Well done.

When I saw this story earlier I laughed out loud and thought to myself "some folks hair is going to burn tonight"...and I was right. The great thing about America is we can believe what we want. IMO the media in America, both sports and otherwise, have given me FAR MORE REASON TO DOUBT THEM than to doubt what CRB says. In fact, its not even close and I for one will NEVER BE DUPED by the so-called journalistic efforts in todays America again. NEVER. And that's coming from a former member of the media and my wife is still a journalist. But really I just don't care about this story anymore...well maybe for the antagonistic factor a little.

Exactly, so we shouldn't be paying a mediocre basketball coach top 10 money. 1 final 4 in 30 years

You just sound foolish. Barnes has taken more teams to the NCAA tournament in his coaching career than Tennessee has in the history of our program.

Furthermore, nobody knows the real truth in what happened between Barnes and UCLA, yet there are people who take one side and label it as gospel. I don't know what really happened, nor do I care. We were ranked #1 for how long this season? And, we did it with how many 4/5 star players? But, you're right....he's mediocre.

Reactions: GoVols15
This is what happens when you’ve got someone by the jewels. Loyalty is gone they just need a new way to spin it and that was Barnes angle. I said this would be a yearly thing with him and it looks like I’ll be more right than wrong. If he gets an offer that checks all the boxes he’s out on the first thing smoking.

You just sound foolish. Barnes has taken more teams to the NCAA tournament in his coaching career than Tennessee has in the history of our program.

Furthermore, nobody knows the real truth in what happened between Barnes and UCLA, yet there are people who take one side and label it as gospel. I don't know what really happened, nor do I care. I'm sorry, but we were ranked #1 for how long this season? And, we did it with how many 4/5 star players? But, you're right....he's mediocre.

People know or stuff like this wouldn’t be coming out. He had UT in a corner and forced them to make a decision and when he didn’t get out of town he needed a gown town spin.

Start a petition.

bRiNg BaCk BrUcE
Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

I agree. Burn it all down and rebuild from scratch!

Smart thinking from Vols fans.

Reactions: butchna
I get both sides.

I would have complained if we didnt pony up what it cost to keep Reverend Rick and ended up with say Steve Forbes on the cheap but Im also allowed to be pissed that we're obviously Barnes's second choice.

This is a sports forum and it's the offseason.

What in the hell else are we gonna talk about?

Do I feel the same about Barnes now?

Nope.

But that's nothing a 5 star recruit or two and winning wont change.

The simple fact of the matter is this.

He was our old,Christian,papaw of a basketball coach and through his own hustling he chose to be payed like he's elite.

Now he's gonna be expected to show that he indeed is.

If he doesnt the old,Christian,papaw might have gotten a longer leash.

The I think Im elite hustler wont.

The only slithering going on is being done by Rick Barnes. Again, that’s the point. Duh on obviousism and NOBODY YELLED, until now. I could care less whether you take me or anyone else serious. But what is obvious without sarcasm is how impressed you are with yourself. Well done.
You’re upset. Gather yourself. 😏

I get both sides.

I would have complained if we didnt pony up what it cost to keep Reverend Rick and ended up with say Steve Forbes on the cheap but Im also allowed to be pissed that we're obviously Barnes's second choice.

This is a sports forum and it's the offseason.

What in the hell else are we gonna talk about?

Do I feel the same about Barnes now?

Nope.

But that's nothing a 5 star recruit or two and winning wont change.

The simple fact of the matter is this.

He was our old,Christian,papaw of a basketball coach and through his own hustling he chose to be payed like he's elite.

Now he's gonna be expected to show that he indeed is.

If he doesnt the old,Christian,papaw might have gotten a longer leash.

The I think Im elite hustler wont.

He stays as long as he wants. 😴

Barnes is fos, Sara be prepared for the Barnes apologists to take some drive by shots at you for posting this because Rick would never lie and he loves Stock and Barrel hamburgers

Friggin' morons will never believe a journalist and his unnamed sources close to the program. What is wrong with people?

Honestly, the biggest problem I have here is with Barnes lying about what UCLA did. The AD out there has taken a TON of heat because their fanbase believed the deal fell through over the buyout. If that was not the case, and Barnes was willing to lie about it to 1) cover up how bad of a bluff he attempted and 2) that he really wanted out of Knoxvillle, then that is sorry as hell.

Don't get the hate for Barnes. Just don't. You people live in some alternative universe or fantasy world.
I would not call it hate. Fans have every right to question his motives. When you have all these different stories come out basically contradicting what he's saying it could be cause for alarm.

It's simple for Barnes. Win like a top 5 coach, recruit like a top 5 coach and there won't be any issues. No one will or should believe anything he says about loving Tennessee or wanting to be here. He isn't a VFL he's a VFP, Vol for Pay. Nothing wrong with that as long as the wins come and the championships come. If not, this is a boondoggle by Fulmer of epic proportions.
And if he didn’t offer more money and bring him back you would be bitching about that too

Reactions: butchna
Honestly, the biggest problem I have here is with Barnes lying about what UCLA did. The AD out there has taken a TON of heat because their fanbase believed the deal fell through over the buyout. If that was not the case, and Barnes was willing to lie about it to 1) cover up how bad of a bluff he attempted and 2) that he really wanted out of Knoxvillle, then that is sorry as hell.

I caught the end of a conversation on local Memphis radio today. It was agreed that Barnes’ version wasn’t for selfish reasons. He had no reason to say it. This report is obviously for selfish reasons to deflect the criticism.

I think it’s pretty obvious why they wanted it out there. Plus, it’s old news. People need to let this go. He’s our coach, and he’s good at his job.

VN Store

Back