Report contradicts Rick Barnes account of not taking UCLA job

Barnes is fos, Sara be prepared for the Barnes apologists to take some drive by shots at you for posting this because Rick would never lie and he loves Stock and Barrel hamburgers
Start a petition.

bRiNg BaCk BrUcE
Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

Apologize...give us your realistic alternative...pay...don’t pay and lose. So many ways to go. 😴

It's simple for Barnes. Win like a top 5 coach, recruit like a top 5 coach and there won't be any issues. No one will or should believe anything he says about loving Tennessee or wanting to be here. He isn't a VFL he's a VFP, Vol for Pay. Nothing wrong with that as long as the wins come and the championships come. If not, this is a boondoggle by Fulmer of epic proportions.

It's simple for Barnes. Win like a top 5 coach, recruit like a top 5 coach and there won't be any issues. No one will or should believe anything he says about loving Tennessee or wanting to be here. He isn't a VFL he's a VFP, Vol for Pay. Nothing wrong with that as long as the wins come and the championships come. If not, this is a boondoggle by Fulmer of epic proportions.
I don't see how Fulmer can be blamed for this. He knew a coach who just turned the program around was on the verge of leaving for another job and did everything he could to keep him here, and was successful in doing so. Rick went back to UCLA and asked them to meet the new salary Fulmer had given him. This is about Barnes being a greedy snake. Plain and simple.

I don't see how Fulmer can be blamed for this. He knew a coach who just turned the program around was on the verge of leaving for another job and did everything he could to keep him here, and was successful in doing so. Rick went back to UCLA and asked them to meet the new salary Fulmer had given him. This is about Barnes being a greedy snake. Plain and simple.
Lol. Amazing

Lol, I still don't get the hate that guy gets around here. He literally has been nothing but supportive of UT since his departure
Its more about the deity figure he has become in the eyes of his schoolgirl admirers who want to ignore and excuse his indiscretions, lies, and general disregard for NCAA rules, all of which were either proven or admitted by Pearl, himself.

Somewhat ironic that many of them are now amongst the angry mob calling for Rick Barnes’ head on a pike because they think he lied about the details of his flirtation with UCLA, none of which has been proven and has been vehemently denied by Barnes, himself.

☕🐸

But hey, at least we have another thread to discuss it in now.

At some point, as a negotiator you have to know when to walk away from the table. If Barnes doesn't win at the highest level you've financially hamstrung yourself in regards to replacing him both with buyout and with what you have to pay the next coach you hire.

The sad thing is, whichever story you believe, Fulmer had leverage. Either Rick wouldn't leave because UCLA wouldn't pay his buyout, or UCLA turned him down when he came back to try and leave for their original offer. Fulmer had the upper hand in both cases and still made him the 3rd highest paid coach in the NCAA. So yes, Fulmer has put himself on the line here and if Barnes doesn't remain a huge success and bring in some hardware, this is a boondoggle.

This all day.

This story just won't die. I wouldn't want to be Barnes right now. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Perhaps the most warped perspective of the entire scenario I’ve seen yet. Fulmer deserves no blame if this all blows up? But I guess he gets all the credit for boldly stepping up if Barnes knocks it out of the park over the next 5 years, right? Give me a break. No one made Fulmer give Barnes the money. He could have told RB to pound sand for even entertaining the UCLA job. You can hate the contract all you want, but the bucks stops with the AD. If you deny that, then you’re in fantasy land.

This story just won't die. I wouldn't want to be Barnes right now. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Barnes is sitting in the catbird seat, he's made out better than anyone in this situation.

Reactions: 08Vol
Its more about the deity figure he has become in the eyes of his schoolgirl admirers who want to ignore and excuse his indiscretions, lies, and general disregard for NCAA rules, all of which were either proven or admitted by Pearl, himself.

Somewhat ironic that many of them are now amongst the angry mob calling for Rick Barnes’ head on a pike because they think he lied about the details of his flirtation with UCLA, none of which has been proven and has been vehemently denied by Barnes, himself.

☕🐸

But hey, at least we have another thread to discuss it in now.

Dude, Barnes played this up himself. He leveraged his own by threat of leaving in the dark of night. Why? No Grant, no Bone, no Schofield. No doubt it played a role in Lanier leaving. And guess what, regardless of the coach, next season is gonna be very tough and Barnes knows it. He got his payday after last season. And parlayed his UCLA interest into taking advantage of Fulmer. There’s no integrity in Barnes, he just wants that money.

But keep apologizing for him. He’ll run as fast as he can without regards to anything Tennessee as soon as more money presents the opportunity.

VN Store

Back