Reply to a question

Don't understand how anyone would think Maurer is the answer except his parents and grandparents. He completed 46% of his passes last year and had 2 TDs and 5 Ints and should have had a couple more Ints that opposing defenses dropped. I'm no fan of JG but his stats were way better than the other QBS and the other QBs were given plenty of chances to become the starter.
I believe most here like Maurer for his energy and athleticism which is in stark contrast to JG. It’s his possible upside or potential that has some excited. JG has not given any fans much hope except for a handful of JG lovers and defenders on VN.

Don't understand how anyone would think Maurer is the answer except his parents and grandparents. He completed 46% of his passes last year and had 2 TDs and 5 Ints and should have had a couple more Ints that opposing defenses dropped. I'm no fan of JG but his stats were way better than the other QBS and the other QBs were given plenty of chances to become the starter.
Because of flashes of very good play and ability..

And if you take just the games he played competitive downs with JG also playing competitive downs... he moved the O better. Go back and watch or just add up the stats in those games. He made the mistakes you would expect a true Fr to make and especially one who was expected to take a RS because he wasn't ready.

That’s because with Maurer in we were actually moving the ball. Guarantano stagnates the offense so bad that one turnover can take us out of the Game.
True. If they’re both gonna throw interceptions, use the qb that isn’t scared to sling it and can move the ball. If JG starts, which I’m pretty sure he will, he better have a short leash.

Reactions: jarnol32
My feeling is JG may will start against Cocky, but if he struggles, he'll be on a short leash and JT will be in there. I trust Pruitt to trust Chaney. If CJC prefers JT, then JT will start. I think Maurer us out of the equation for now.

My feeling is JG may will start against Cocky, but if he struggles, he'll be on a short leash and JT will be in there. I trust Pruitt to trust Chaney. If CJC prefers JT, then JT will start. I think Maurer us out of the equation for now.

We shall see...

2 picks in the end zone against MSU made that game a lot harder than it should’ve been.
While that is true, the same can be said for JG against Vandy and Indiana. His awful play in both those games made them way harder than it should've been.

1 TD and 3 Interceptions in those two games. He threw as many TDs for the opponent as he did TN.

All I know is that as of early last week, CJP said JG was playing his best football. Take it for what it's worth.

I trust the staff will make the best decision and play the players that will give us the best shot to win.

2 picks in the end zone against MSU made that game a lot harder than it should’ve been.
True it made it tougher but neither resulted in points for MSU....1st half 3/5 drives to the redzone...2nd half 1/5...when that happens the D plays better...ints that dont end in points are empty stats..

Reactions: 1vol8
If JG starts and plays the majority of time in each game and we lose the first 2 or 3 games, what does that tell us about Pruitt and Chaney?

Seems like everybody on this board knows more about our qb's than the coaches.

Hey, since this is a typical “anyone but JG” thread....maybe I should go see if I have any eligibility left. I can’t do any worse, right. I am sure some “connected” poster might be able to convince you guys I was burning it up in practice.

Did I say it did? He was just informing us. The coaches are going to play whoever they want so it doesn’t really matter. But, it puts into context why HB was full contact this week during the scrimmages. So I guess we will see what is going on there.

Also, fwiw our other insiders won’t even comment on the QB situation which is highly Abnormal and gives me the feeling a lot is going on there.
FWIW I think that’s a common practice. True freshman are live during scrimmages as JTS and Maurer both were last year as well.

The only problem I see with this text is that, per the scrimmage report, Maurer isn’t even talked about in the whole article except for the 2nd to last sentence regarding his hamstring injury. Their was a lot of high praise for Shrout and Bailey but absolutely ZERO mention of Maurer. And since the scrimmage report came from Fingers, I‘ll stick to what he says. I like Maurer, but this text goes against someone that reports about every practice.

so someone had asked me about the latest scrimmage or practice report in reference to JG and the rest of the qbs. I couldnt find the mention so here you have it. Guys if we don't move on from JG then this will be a rough season.[/QUOTE

Well this report right here adds up with De1’s information. So I’m going to take his info over your inside sources info. Sorry.

De1 had stated that JG was pulled multiple times during the scrimmage and yelled at for making True Freshman Errors and that Dee Beckwith has been at the RB position.

@ACvol3 oh and this was posted well after De1 posted his info.
You mean a report from journalists that isn’t true? Who’d have ever thought? 🤔

If JG starts and plays the majority of time in each game and we lose the first 2 or 3 games, what does that tell us about Pruitt and Chaney?

Seems like everybody on this board knows more about our qb's than the coaches.
What does it tell you about them when we win the 1st 2 or 3 with JG playing?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Because coaches can’t afford to think like fans. If you listened to the CCW interview he clearly states that every throw is evaluated. That means that they take everything into consideration. People on here may not like it and think it’s just excuses but 4 of his ints were out of his control and he was much better than 46% in games he was prepared to play in. In fact he was 54%. Which is right in line with true freshman starting QBs around the SEC. Bo Nix was 56%. JG himself was 59%. The difference is Maurers game plans vs JGs were night and day different. Chaney was much more aggressive with Maurer than he was with JG.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back