Reply to a question

Brian Maurer is the best option. Ideally you want Bailey be so good as to push Maurer to clean up his bad tendencies. If not then Bailey becomes the Freshman star many believe he already is. He still has to get past Maurer, a kid who runs 4.5 and can make all the throws he can. What's going to separate them is the process between the ears. We'll know soon enough who's better between the two .

People clamoring for JG to somehow turn into something he isn't just need to let it go. How many years does he have to play before that is understood??

Maurer or Bailey or both. That's the realistic option. JG leads us to more frustration and the program going nowhere.

Brian Maurer is the best option. Ideally you want Bailey be so good as to push Maurer to clean up his bad tendencies. If not then Bailey becomes the Freshman star many believe he already is. He still has to get past Maurer, a kid who runs 4.5 and can make all the throws he can. What's going to separate them is the process between the ears. We'll know soon enough who's better between the two .

People clamoring for JG to somehow turn into something he isn't just need to let it go. How many years does he have to play before that is understood??

Maurer or Bailey or both. That's the realistic option. JG leads us to more frustration and the program going nowhere.
I think playing JG another year creates significant losses in another recruiting class. More of the same with the typical results will set this program back again. The all SEC schedule has already placed them in peril.

Don't understand how anyone would think Maurer is the answer except his parents and grandparents. He completed 46% of his passes last year and had 2 TDs and 5 Ints and should have had a couple more Ints that opposing defenses dropped. I'm no fan of JG but his stats were way better than the other QBS and the other QBs were given plenty of chances to become the starter.
Umm context of stats....3 of his 5 ints were against 3 top 25 teams with top 10 defense....i'll remind you our 4th yr QB threw 2 int while hardly playing...so. again context...yes he forced plays..but he made plays too......Shrout being pulled was a travesty...should have never been pulled.

Incorrect. Shrout was never given a chance to become a starter. He was on the shortest leash I’ve ever seen in my life. Literally never threw a single interception last year and still got yanked. He got yanked one time on a drive that resulted in three points.... for a bad decision throw across his body that wasn’t even intercepted....
Almost interceptions apparently are just as bad as interceptions..here on volnation!!!

Apparently he threw interceptions as well I was specifically talking about during the 2min drill and how he did not do good during it.
I see.. I refering to all the references to JT amd BM almost ints as of they were actual ints...funny even with BMs 5 ints. They didnt hurt our team as bad as JGs...

Incorrect. Shrout was never given a chance to become a starter. He was on the shortest leash I’ve ever seen in my life. Literally never threw a single interception last year and still got yanked. He got yanked one time on a drive that resulted in three points.... for a bad decision throw across his body that wasn’t even intercepted....

So, we have a bad coaching staff?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
No. I just don’t understand why he was never actually given a chance. He is the only QB who never threw an interception but was pulled.

I actually agree with you.

It's just that when we say it out loud, it sounds like we're rooting for the opposing team for some reason.

tenor (15).gif

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
No. But that’s not a mistake you should be making as a 5th year senior....
Why not, it happened today in the NFL and it will happen again. Ridiculous that him getting sacked in the endzone during a scrimmage is your take of him making a mistake.

Agreed, remember how exciting it was in the Georgia game to see our offense go right down the field and score with Maurer in the game? If Guarantano plays that game we probably don’t past the 50 yards line let alone score. It’s time to move on from Guarantano. Hopefully Maurers Hamstring has healed and he can continue to be a running threat that has a cannon for an arm. With a better grasp of the playbook Maurer should be tough. However, if he can’t cut it throw in Bailey or Shrout. One thing is crystal clear though, and that is Jarret Guarantano is not the answer at qb. It’s past time to move on....

Last edited:
I see.. I refering to all the references to JT amd BM almost ints as of they were actual ints...funny even with BMs 5 ints. They didnt hurt our team as bad as JGs...
That’s because with Maurer in we were actually moving the ball. Guarantano stagnates the offense so bad that one turnover can take us out of the Game.

so someone had asked me about the latest scrimmage or practice report in reference to JG and the rest of the qbs. I couldnt find the mention so here you have it. Guys if we don't move on from JG then this will be a rough season.
Seems like the second string QB, or third in this case, is always the favorite player on the team.

U think some people that post here know more than local media guys, but just aren't saying anything because it's bad news?
I do not know what the truth is. We will know... when we know.

But the answer to your question is "yes". There are people who attend practice who leak stuff. There are people with direct ties into the program who hear about things that the media isn't allowed to see.

PS- the reporters with real access are sometimes asked to not report things until later. If they violate that trust then they lose access. Every once in a while Hubbs or one of the others will say that they had seen portions of practice that they were not allowed to report on.

VN Store

Back