Rep Massie posts gun photo

Of course I was being sarcastic but try as we may as long as hundreds of millions of guns are out there mentally or emotionally deranged people will be able to get their hands on them. I don't see where there is much we can really do about it without stepping on someones rights. These shootings are going to continue for the foreseeable future.

Sounds like we need to do something about the deranged people then.

It is perfectly within their rights to post this Christmas cards. IMO, it's bad timing and bad optics. I think people voting against Massie strictly based upon this photo is a valid response.
Why was it bad timing? Where is the link between a shooting and the pic?

Rep. Thomas Massie posts family gun photo for Christmas, asks Santa for ammo days after school shooting in Michigan - CNN

Just incredibly wrong to post that photo. Hope even the gun folks here see his post as utterly tasteless.

Although Massie is better than most, I find him to be increasingly cringey as he ups his pandering game. Who looks at this Christmas card and says "that's my guy", FFS?

And personally, I am pro 2A, but don't identify with the guns are fun toys crowd.

Also, check out Massie narcing out a dissenter to their employer. Cancel culture is alive and well on the right.

1638804564016.png

Although Massie is better than most, I find him to be increasingly cringey as he ups his pandering game. Who looks at this Christmas card and says "that's my guy", FFS?

And personally, I am pro 2A, but don't identify with the guns are fun toys crowd.
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the picture, the timing, etc. But it kinda weird to post a pic like this and not claim pandering.
Much better vibe if picture was taken on a family hunting trip and they showed their toys, though.

Reactions: hog88
Ahh, so the people just found other methods to commit suicide.

Data & Statistics - Lifeline Australia
From your link -
  • Over 65,000 Australians make a suicide attempt each year.
  • In 2019, 3,318 Australians took their own life.
Only 5% of suicide attempts are successful.
It seems that not using a gun as your preferred method may be a good thing.
If a loved one of mine was going to attempt suicide, I would hope they would choose a method other than a gun.

LOL. Binion, a libertarian, doesn't like pictures of people posing with tools which help keep us free. He deserves to be ridiculed for an unreasonable opinion.

I totally disagree that his comment deserves ridicule, but if so, fine. He wasn't ridiculed by Massie, the problem is Massie snitched on him to his employer in an attempt to suppress that opinion among libertarian thought leaders.

Nothing about libertarianism suggests we need to like guns or gun culture. It doesn't inform us on how we should feel about them. It just informs us where we should stand with regard to the law.

From your link -
  • Over 65,000 Australians make a suicide attempt each year.
  • In 2019, 3,318 Australians took their own life.
Only 5% of suicide attempts are successful.
It seems that not using a gun as your preferred method may be a good thing.
If a loved one of mine was going to attempt suicide, I would hope they would choose a method other than a gun.
What is the success rate of suicide by firearm in Australia?

I totally disagree that his comment deserves ridicule, but if so, fine. He wasn't ridiculed by Massie, the problem is Massie snitched on him to his employer in an attempt to suppress that opinion among libertarian thought leaders.

Nothing about libertarianism suggests we need to like guns or gun culture. It doesn't inform us on how we should feel about them. It just informs us where we should stand with regard to the law.
His thoughts are silly. He should be encouraged to think more logically and critically.

Did he lose his gig at Reason?

Libertarians are perpetually disgruntled. That is their most consistent ideology.

I thought libertarians are about maximum freedom, self determination, fewer laws. and live and let live philosophies (so long as we do not infringe on others in doing so).

Libertarians are perpetually disgruntled. That is their most consistent ideology.

I thought libertarians are about maximum freedom, self determination, fewer laws. and live and let live philosophies (so long as we do not infringe on others in doing so).

No, true libertarians are about bitching, griping and pointing out their superiority by claiming it's not their fault.

Are you saying that because Binion doesn't like when people act like guns are cute toys, he's not about maximizing freedom? That would be an illogical, non-sequitur conclusion.

VN Store

Back