Rep Massie posts gun photo

People right now revel in the being an a$$hole for the sake of being an a$$hole. Of course you have the right to be an a$$hole, but it doesn't make you a champion of individual liberties when you exercise that right. It just makes you an a$$hole worthy of scorn.

Actually if you have the right to be an a$$hole and you exercise that right , tell someone it’s your right , you are literally championing individual liberties … as an attorney this should be basic knowledge

Actually if you have the right to be an a$$hole and you exercise that right , tell someone it’s your right , you are literally championing individual liberties … as an attorney this should be basic knowledge

It is not a right which was under attack. Therefore, you're just being an a$$hole. I thought anyone with a shred of decency would know this.

No.
It only increases the divide - which was the intent.
The Bannon/Stone/Trump strategy was to make the divide as great as possible by increasing the level of distrust and dislike between the two sides.
In their mind - tear the country apart so it can be rebuilt in our image.
There never would've have been a Donald Trump had the country not already been well on its way to being torn apart. All you have to do is look at the news coverage between 2015 and the 2016 election to see that there was already a clear and distinct divide in the country.

Last edited:
I see no assholishness in his photo. If it wasn't retwatted with people crying about it just how many people would have ever known about it?

It is a creepy picture. It doesn't seem clever or funny or related to Christmas. It seems like people trying to hard.

And how are they deceiving and misleading the public?
Bulk Gun Purchases | Giffords
Regulating bulk firearm purchases is a straightforward, effective way to reduce gun trafficking and save lives.

Laws limiting the number of firearms a person can purchase within a certain timeframe help reduce the number of guns that enter the secondary market—weapons that are more likely to wind up at the scene of a crime. Only a handful of states limit bulk gun purchases, a policy that has been proven to reduce gun trafficking and consequently gun violence.

You are about to answer your own question.

ps Wise of you to drop the Australian suicide nonsense

If a loved one of mine was going to attempt suicide, I would hope they would choose a method other than a gun.
This is a very weird comment.

Also, what about "my body, my choice"? Who are you to tell me how I should kill myself? Geez... talk about govt overreach, WOW.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It is not a right which was under attack. Therefore, you're just being an a$$hole. I thought anyone with a shred of decency would know this.

You contradict yourself in that post . I was just clearing it up for you . Using your right , telling someone that’s it’s your right to do it , is literally championing it .

Reactions: Rickyvol77
There would've have been a Donald Trump had the country not already been well on its way to being torn apart. All you have to do is look at the news coverage between 2015 and the 2016 election to see that there was already a clear and distinct divide in the country.
There has always been and there always will be a divide. Some work to widen it, some work to increase it.
Trumpism is 100% built on the foundation of increasing the divide.

We're discussing the logic of a statement he made and now you've made up a hypothetical position for him so you can say he's inconsistent, and therefore illogical. Even if you are right about your made-up position for him, that doesn't mean the original statement defies logic.
I quoted that post ONLY because it was the first one I came to as I scrolled back up. My hypothetical was a fleeting thought which i believe is accurate but not related to the logical/illogical position of Binion.
I simply didn't want to @ you because the reply was easier.

Poor communication on my part, huff.

Bulk Gun Purchases | Giffords
Regulating bulk firearm purchases is a straightforward, effective way to reduce gun trafficking and save lives.

Laws limiting the number of firearms a person can purchase within a certain timeframe help reduce the number of guns that enter the secondary market—weapons that are more likely to wind up at the scene of a crime. Only a handful of states limit bulk gun purchases, a policy that has been proven to reduce gun trafficking and consequently gun violence.

You are about to answer your own question.

ps Wise of you to drop the Australian suicide nonsense

How does this ^^ back up the post below?

The pro gun lobbyists knowingly and proactively sought/seek to deceive and mislead the public about their product, often with the blessing/help of government.

I just eliminated a few words from your post.

And I didn't give up anything.

This is a very weird comment.

Also, what about "my body, my choice"? Who are you to tell me how I should kill myself? Geez... talk about govt overreach, WOW.
What???????????
Guns are one of the most efficient ways of committing suicide (because they are designed to kill).
Most suicide attempts that do not involve the use of a gun are unsuccessful.
If a loved one of mine were to attempt suicide, I hope they are unsuccessful; therefore I would hope they choose a method other than the use of a gun.

What???????????
Guns are one of the most efficient ways of committing suicide (because they are designed to kill).
Most suicide attempts that do not involve the use of a gun are unsuccessful.
If a loved one of mine were to attempt suicide, I hope they are unsuccessful; therefore I would hope they choose a method other than the use of a gun.
Quick and painless or long and tortuous?

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Quick and painless or long and tortuous?
Unsuccessful.
I know a number of people who have had unsuccessful suicide attempts and are now living happy and productive lives.
None of them used a gun in their attempt.

This line of reasoning is valid but the conclusion that it excludes what he said is completely illogical. He doesn't like that guns are treated like cute toys because they are killing machines. The fact that "guns are used in several ways" doesn't do anything to counter his opinion that they are not cute because they are, in part, killing machines.
His opinion they aren't cute and shouldn't be exploited in a cute way was an opinion he derived himself. Then he commented an opinion of admonition at the politician based on his opinion about the picture. I always thought people were killing machines and people are always looking for more efficient methods of accomplishing that end.

Maybe the opinon/critical thought of the Reason contributor is at the heart of my non issue with the attempt at cancellation. I'd hope as a Reason contributor and a libertarian he would be more logical and less opinionated.

It could work either way. Your question needs to be a little more specific.

No it doesn’t you just don’t like the answer . Political parties trying to circumvent the the constitution by having judges chip away at our rights do not bring people closer together . Trying to keep adding laws or mandates that work against individual liberties and freedoms is not a way to bridge any gap , it only widens the gap and sets in stone how people view each other by their political affiliations .

VN Store

Back