Religion is overrated.....

Man, you're quick to pack up your stuff and go home when people don't see it your way.

No but I'm not also going to debate something like this with a Jehovah Witness on an open formum. It doesn't benefit anyone. I would rather just walk away.

How many times have you seen me walk away IP to make a statement like that? This is maybe the second time since I've been here.

No but I'm not also going to debate something like this with a Jehovah Witness on an open formum. It doesn't benefit anyone. I would rather just walk away.

How many times have you seen me walk away IP to make a statement like that? This is maybe the second time since I've been here.

Cool. Now you're assigning me a religion. Ha! Ha! Ha! That's classic! Can I play? I knew that you were a Church of God of Jesus Christ the whole time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Cool. Now you're assigning me a religion. Ha! Ha! Ha! That's classic! Can I play? I knew that you were a Church of God of Jesus Christ the whole time.

Would rather be a Church of God than a JW.

How many of the participants in this thread have considered how much religion impacts positively/negatively on a country?

http://i.imgur.com/nwcMC.jpg

I think its pretty obvious that religion is on its way out. Unfortunately for most of my southern brethren, they fail to see it because they live in a nice little bubble.

I think its pretty obvious that religion is on its way out. Unfortunately for most of my southern brethren, they fail to see it because they live in a nice little bubble.

I have several friends in Europe and when I tell them about discussions that I have with religious people that end up with the other person getting enraged, they don't understand. Mainly because in Europe they don't have the "crazies" like we have here and have never met one. Blows my mind, really.

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church." - Madalyn Murray O'Hair

I'm currently reading a book called "The Two Babylons" by Alexander Hislop, 1853. It's absolutely amazing how people blindly walk into a catholic church.

I have several friends in Europe and when I tell them about discussions that I have with religious people that end up with the other person getting enraged, they don't understand. Mainly because in Europe they don't have the "crazies" like we have here and have never met one. Blows my mind, really.

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church." - Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Yes, Europe does have religious fanatics. Virtually every region of the world has religious fanatics of every faith. Your friends may not be, but the "true fans" of Christianity can be found almost anywhere.

There are some serious religious crazies in Europe, Christian, Muslim, and even pagean. They're a little more inclusive in secretive, though.

My word will last forever. I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail aginst it. At the endtime there will be a falling away. We can see this happening now.

My word will last forever. I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail aginst it. At the endtime there will be a falling away. We can see this happening now.

I bet you a million dollars there is no endtime whatsoever, and certainly not "now."

It's just stupid how Christians have been predicting the end of time continuously for as long as the religion has existed. I mean, seriously. Everyone mocks the Mayan calendar. At least it will be one-and-done.

Exactly. Slowly fading into insignificance...

I read some report the other day that 50% of English people no longer identify with any religion. I imagine that number will only grow over this next century.

Last edited:
It's just stupid how Christians have been predicting the end of time continuously for as long as the religion has existed. I mean, seriously. Everyone mocks the Mayan calendar. At least it will be one-and-done.

in the last days scoffers will come and say "Where is this coming he promised?

in the last days scoffers will come and say "Where is this coming he promised?

You're right. No one has ever predicted the Lord was coming back until now. I'm wrong. "Wars and rumors of wars" have never happened before either.

VN Store

Back