Refs have to be held accountable, UTAD. You do not budge.

Agreed. And I'm a Seth fan too, except by default he married his sister. But then...... where did genetic diversity come from?

And quickly, religion unravels.

He wouldn't be the last. I've been to the state of Alabama. They still practice the ancient art.

I missed the first half of the game. I didn’t get why the fans were so pissed. I mean, yeah, Ole Miss players have been trained by Kiffin to take dives like a bunch of high school soccer players, and the refs missed the spot on the 4th and 27. But the scoop and score being called back, that is completely and totally INEXCUSABLE. Say what you want about those fans, but people will only take so much. Those refs should be fined (or lose their jobs). But that won’t happen. This is the result of a society where mediocrity is touted as an accomplishment. Steel isn’t hardened in a mediocre flame and razors aren’t cut by petting steel. The refs were wrong, the fans were wrong and Lane Kiffin was definitely wrong. Kudos to the Vols and Heupel, they were the highlight.

Not even considering the questionable calls, it appears refs lost control of game early. They needed huddle conferences on calls right off the bat and the game timing was stop,start,etc. This is frustrating anytime, but especially with hurry up play.
Kiffin was bending their ears, quite frequently, at least TV showed him, too. Then, Kiffin and the three times outs before field goal, allowed, but he enjoyed it more than usual, it appeared. And, then especially second half, the injury parade each time before our big plays or momentum. Extensive cramping in 50 degree weather does become questionable. The smirks on players faces, the fan reactions, the substitutions in and out for OM defense, it just became obvious. And, lastly, another questionable call on a game that should have ended about an hour earlier with hyped up fans and young folks fueled by the excitement and some alcohol could have very well produced the "perfect storm". Just a thought.
Still proud of this team....GBO!!

UT AD will do no such thing. All they got to say now is how ashamed they are of the fans.

It CERTAINLY does no good for the short-term (fines) or long-term (recruiting, goodwill) health of the program to become known as a trashy fanbase.

This will be a negative recruiting talking point against us. SEC programs will be saying...."Did you see this crap? and showing a clip of cheerleaders running for cover, a mustard bottle on the sidelines, and Kiffin holding a golf ball thrown at him....."Is this the kind of program you want your kid associated with?"

It's not tough, not passionate...... it's 3am Walmart, angry meth-head stupid behavior.

Fair….but did you see the recruits tonite?? They were going WILD and having a blast. Especially when all that stuff was getting thrown on the field. This stuff happens fairly often, it will hurt us less than getting our eyes beaten together by Bama and UGA…

Reactions: Megatron88
We had a case before our fans decided to make us the laughing stock of CFB. Now all we’ll be remembered for us a mustard bottle on the field

I get that we’re pissed and had a right to be, but bad look all around[/QUOTE

Classic case of CAUSE and EFFECT
How much horse **** was Neyland stadium supposed to put up with before losing their cool?? It was the conference that decided they wanted to generate more money with the sale of alcohol…not that I think alcohol was the reason they acted the way they did but it sure gave them a lot more ammunition to fire out on to the field…and I’d like to know who just walks around with golf balls??

Classic case of CAUSE and EFFECT
How much horse **** was Neyland stadium supposed to put up with before losing their cool?? It was the conference that decided they wanted to generate more money with the sale of alcohol…not that I think alcohol was the reason they acted the way they did but it sure gave them a lot more ammunition to fire out on to the field…and I’d like to know who just walks around with golf balls??

Reactions: CO Vol
For all the people saying the fans made us the laughing stock I'd say F U! Last I checked fans is what pays for the stadium and the kids tuition. Every at that game had every right to be upset over bc at the end of the day Ole Piss won and nothing later will ever change that. So booing wasn't going to be enough. If the refs can call bad plays then the sold out crowd can throw their trash on the field. Call it irony for demonstrating what the refs are.

Reactions: Volwonder1
Fair….but did you see the recruits tonite?? They were going WILD and having a blast. Especially when all that stuff was getting thrown on the field. This stuff happens fairly often, it will hurt us less than getting our eyes beaten together by Bama and UGA…
The recruits may find it exciting but their parents will be looking for a program that wins a lot and loses gracefully......not some kind of campus that is so outta control the cheerleaders and band have to seek cover during games.

As I said, 4* and 5* recruits are looking to be coached up to the next level. The bad boys of FSU and Miami, for instance, put a number of guys in the NFL.......but they also put a number of guys in jail.

That's not a problem, really, at Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. If I'm a parent, I lean into a program with wins, stability, and a history of getting kids to Sunday.

UT:
Wins? Nope.
Stability? Nope.
Next level? Not bad.

Rabid, getting the program fined for attacking the other team fans....... isn't helping.

The recruits may find it exciting but their parents will be looking for a program that wins a lot and loses gracefully......not some kind of campus that is so outta control the cheerleaders and band have to seek cover during games.

As I said, 4* and 5* recruits are looking to be coached up to the next level. The bad boys of FSU and Miami, for instance, put a number of guys in the NFL.......but they also put a number of guys in jail.

That's not a problem, really, at Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. If I'm a parent, I lean into a program with wins, stability, and a history of getting kids to Sunday.

UT:
Wins? Nope.
Stability? Nope?
Next level? Not bad.

Rabid, getting the program fined for attacking the other team fans....... isn't helping.

In all fairness we aren’t gonna be winning a lot of recruiting battles against those programs. If my kid plays offense Heupel would absolutely be a coach to look at. And defensively I’d have to think my kid can get on the field early.

Personally I’ve only experienced recruiting on the baseball side of college sports. But I don’t ever remember caring about what the fans did. There weren’t 100k of them but idiot fans are just idiot fans.

Might have been able to make a point of that before the fourth quarter display, but not now. There won't be any room for Tennessee complaints now. We're an embarrassment to the entire conference. You think they're going to give a crap what we say about that sort of stuff now? Nope.

F them all, it’s us against the world! I like those odds.

In all fairness we aren’t gonna be winning a lot of recruiting battles against those programs. If my kid plays offense Heupel would absolutely be a coach to look at. And defensively I’d have to think my kid can get on the field early.

Personally I’ve only experienced recruiting on the baseball side of college sports. But I don’t ever remember caring about what the fans did. There weren’t 100k of them but idiot fans are just idiot fans.
Just curious, you said "this stuff happens often".... so when was the last time you saw an SEC game held up while the cheerleaders and band left and the student section was essentially ejected for throwing things at the opposing team?

Seriously? This is trailer trash behavior.

It's a recruiting nightmare as every single SEC team is going to have clips, if needed, to show recruits how their team behaves in a loss.....vs.....UT.

This isn't "all the time" behavior.

The fans that threw stuff should be held accountable. UTAD shouldn’t budge on permanently banning those that threw stuff.

Just curious, you said "this stuff happens often".... so when was the last time you saw an SEC game held up while the cheerleaders and band left and the student section was essentially ejected for throwing things at the opposing team?

Seriously? This is trailer trash behavior.

It's a recruiting nightmare as every single SEC team is going to have clips, if needed, to show recruits how their team behaves in a loss.....vs.....UT.

This isn't "all the time" behavior.

USCjr be Florida, USCjr vs Clemson, LSU Vs A&M 2019, twice since the MLB playoffs started.

Tonite was ugly….no doubt. But it will be forgotten sooner than later.

Refs ineptitude cost TN a TD.
Velus Jones muffed punt gave OM a TD.
OMs constant "injuries" killed a few of TNs momentum inducing drives.
TN not spying Corral, specifically on third downs, was a key component of OM walking out of Neyland with a win.

Refs should be suspended and never officiate another SEC game again.

NCAA needs to enact some type of "injury rule".
Banks was horrible tonight…. I’d like to see his PFF score when it comes out

USCjr be Florida, USCjr vs Clemson, LSU Vs A&M 2019, twice since the MLB playoffs started.

Tonite was ugly….no doubt. But it will be forgotten sooner than later.
Wait? Those games were stopped for several minutes while the band, cheerleaders, and fans were cleared????

Really?

Wait? Those games were stopped for several minutes while the band, cheerleaders, and fans were cleared????

Really?

Some of them were stopped…I typically don’t pay attention to cheerleaders when I goto football games.

Again… tonite was bad and shouldn’t have happened. We agree. But it’s happened before, it will happen again regardless of how outraged we want to act on message boards.

Some of them were stopped…I typically don’t pay attention to cheerleaders when I goto football games.

Again… tonite was bad and shouldn’t have happened. We agree. But it’s happened before, it will happen again regardless of how outraged we want to act on message boards.
You're equating storming the field, apparently, with throwing things at the opposing team.

Again, if you're pissed at the refs...... attack the other team? Childish. Dumb. Ignorant. Low Class.

Is it some random Ole Miss player's fault the refs suck? Is it their fault Kiffin left UT when they were still in grammar school? No..... but we're mad and throwing stuff at them.

C'mon. This is ignorant behavior and deserves to be called what it is: Ignorant behavior beneath UT fans. Intolerable. Low class. Not in any way condoned...... NOT IN ANY WAY CONDONED..... by the fanbase as a whole.

That means not explained away as.....well, it's awful but...... NO. It's awful. Unacceptable.

Reactions: C.watson and I4Vols
You're equating storming the field, apparently, with throwing things at the opposing team.

Again, if you're pissed at the refs...... attack the other team? Childish. Dumb. Ignorant. Low Class.

Is it some random Ole Miss player's fault the refs suck? Is it their fault Kiffin left UT when they were still in grammar school? No..... but we're mad and throwing stuff at them.

C'mon. This is ignorant behavior and deserves to be called what it is: Ignorant behavior beneath UT fans. Intolerable. Low class. Not in any way condoned...... NOT IN ANY WAY CONDONED..... by the fanbase as a whole.

That means not explained away as.....well, it's awful but...... NO. It's awful. Unacceptable.

You can clearly read….so why aren’t you comprehending what I said?? I literally just said it was bad.

That doesn’t mean it’s some one off event that’s never happened before. Because it has…and it will again.

Bellyaching on a message forum won’t prevent it either.

You can clearly read….so why aren’t you comprehending what I said?? I literally just said it was bad.

That doesn’t mean it’s some one off event that’s never happened before. Because it has…and it will again.

Bellyaching on a message forum won’t prevent it either.
Is this acceptable from UT. Several minutes after the game is over?

"ESPN on Twitter: "Lane Kiffin caught a water bottle on his way out of Neyland Stadium — and tossed his visor back 😅 https://t.co/KVxZiPK7ZB" / Twitter"

VN Store

Back