Referees caused this mess

It looked like he was still trying to get yardage still moving and the ball came out while he was going down.
He acted like he thought he heard a whistle and stopped playing. That said, it's not our players fault he screwed up when no other player on the field did. The refs simply stood there with their thumb up their ass, then bailed him out with a bogus forward progress was stopped call as if he gave himself up.

That's a weird thing to say
I mean in his defense, we did just watch a bunch of idiots throwing stuff on the field.

No matter how much you guys want to justify it, you can't. It's embarrassing. The whining about conspiracies and where referees live is even more absurd.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
I mean in his defense, we did just watch a bunch of idiots throwing stuff on the field.

No matter how much you guys want to justify it, you can't. It's embarrassing. The whining about conspiracies and where referees live is even more absurd.

Except this ref has been reprimanded for performance the past 2 games he's officiated, been suspended for poor performance, and had an AD publicly request he not ref his game after being reprimanded multiple times last year.

The play wasn’t over, because he was still going, and the ball came out. It was a freaking fumble, and they knew it all along.
Looked to me he was standing there like he thought there was a whistle, got hit , reacted , fumbled, and the UT player picked it up and looked at the ref and realized the ref thought the play was live , the ref obviously ran all the way to the end zone and called a TD.
Someone blew it dead , looked like at the snap, but the explanation that was given doesn’t fit. I’m still confused

People are are responsible for their own behavior. This is nobody’s fault except the people acting like fools. Tennessee fans (as a whole) are the most classless, toxic fans in all of sports.

Go root for vandy or missouri if you prefer a dispassionate fanbase.

He acted like he thought he heard a whistle and stopped playing. That said, it's not our players fault he screwed up when no other player on the field did. The refs simply stood there with their thumb up their ass, then bailed him out with a bogus forward progress was stopped call as if he gave himself up.
I agree with you, that it might’ve looked like that, but these refs wasn’t even paying attention to the play it looked like to me.

I think taunting the players and fans in a hostile environment, caused this.

Fans had enough of it.

Shouldn’t have thrown golf balls though.

I guess you can expect fans to be patted down at the next home game. And if anyone is carrying golf balls? You might want to be carrying bail money.

I agree with you, that it might’ve looked like that, but these refs wasn’t even paying attention to the play it looked like to me.
Hence my comment about them standing there with their thumb up their ass....

Except this ref has been reprimanded for performance the past 2 games he's officiated and had an AD publicly request he not ref his game after being reprimanded last year.
Of course, you neglect to mention that the call that got everyone riled up ended up being the correct call. He didn't reach the 1st down marker. Period.

But even if they missed it, it still wouldn't justify throwing freakin golf balls onto the field.

Something tells me your throwing arm will be sore tomorrow.

I don't justify it. It was horrible and there is zero excuse for it. I just meant that the comment said everyone is responsible for their own actions, and then proceeded to group all Tennessee fans into being classless and toxic

People are are responsible for their own behavior. This is nobody’s fault except the people acting like fools. Tennessee fans (as a whole) are the most classless, toxic fans in all of sports.
Really watch the last 10 seconds of this video and that wasnt even a blown call by the refs

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Of course, you neglect to mention that the call that got everyone riled up ended up being the correct call. He didn't reach the 1st down marker. Period.

But even if they missed it, it still wouldn't justify throwing freakin golf balls onto the field.

Something tells me your throwing arm will be sore tomorrow.

I have no issue with the call at the end. The reversal of the Fumble 6 was egregious.

I dont condone the trash throwing but this guy has consistently proven he can't officiate at this level.

He wasn't still going. He flat stopped for some weird reason and nobody else did. Corral f**ked and the refs bailed him out by saying forward progress was stopped.
Thank you. Seems like me and you are the only ones that noticed. Why did he stop. Did 1 officiall blow his whistle? Then act ignorant so they had to make something up?
Still confused on that play

Looked to me he was standing there like he thought there was a whistle, got hit , reacted , fumbled, and the UT player picked it up and looked at the ref and realized the ref thought the play was live , the ref obviously ran all the way to the end zone and called a TD.
Someone blew it dead , looked like at the snap, but the explanation that was given doesn’t fit. I’m still confused
There was no way that play ended. It was still a live ball. One of those refs did run down the field, and then they stopped it. Changed the call to a bogus call.

Reactions: 08Vol
I don't justify it. It was horrible and there is zero excuse for it. I just meant that the comment said everyone is responsible for their own actions, and then proceeded to group all Tennessee fans into being classless and toxic[/QUOTE

Fair enough. Rough night.

There was no way that play ended. It was still a live ball. One of those refs did run down the field, and then they stopped it. Changed the call to a bogus call.
The one official sure thought it was still live!
This is one that needs explaining . The expectation he gave, doesn’t fit

The one official sure thought it was still live!
This is one that needs explaining . The expectation he gave, doesn’t fit
It’s pitiful that these refs just let it happen without explanation. The only explanation we will get is from the SEC that the play was blown dead. They can kiss it to.

Reactions: 08Vol and jonnon111

VN Store

Back