Referees caused this mess

I agree the refs were horrible. So was Lane and his players taunting our fan base. But we have to be better and not throw stuff on the field. I like this team and the direction we are going. A lot of of positives to like moving forward. Let’s stay out of the media for stupid behavior.

It was the refs that lost control of this game early, and caused all of this. Nothing will come of it, because they knew that it was a fumble and score. I’ve seen bad calls before, but not lose control of a game like this. Those refs know they screwed up, and they deserved everything they got.

Given the refs couldn’t handle the noise too on that play, maybe an all-deaf crew will need to be a requirement for all our home games.

Reactions: ButchPlz
People are are responsible for their own behavior. This is nobody’s fault except the people acting like fools. Tennessee fans (as a whole) are the most classless, toxic fans in all of sports.

Lane coaching his kids to fake injuries also escalated this.
My wife watches games but doesnt fully know how it goes 100%. She looks at me & says is it possible for a team to fake injuries to slow it down. Even my wife who half watched game saw bs from this

Refs refusal to acknowledge or correct egregious errors reached a boiling point. The strip sack touchdown with no whistle , then called back arbitrarily cost a touchdown. Then no effort to even get a legitimate spot on a critical 4th down - after everyone saw the receiver's chest on top of the forty yard line. Refs were blowing it off casually as everyone watched the ridiculously bad spot.

It was the refs that lost control of this game early, and caused all of this. Nothing will come of it, because they knew that it was a fumble and score. I’ve seen bad calls before, but not lose control of a game like this. Those refs know they screwed up, and they deserved everything they got.
It appeared that Lane was always having conversations with the Refs, it sometimes felt like they were in cahoots.

How can the premier college football conference in the country tolerate such incompetent officiating crews, I fully understand preserving calls to protect the higher ranked teams, but it was so out of bounds this game that it bordered on embarrassingly obvious, triggering the reaction when they took the first down away from Tennessee late in the game,

Need to see Danny White challenge the conference on the BS calls to protect Ole Miss, if he is not for Tennessee, he is against Tennessee, just another money changer in the temple, looking to pick the fans pocket yet again, for a cause he will not fight for as long as the money is rolling in, he will not see another crowd in Neyland this season like he saw tonight

Would have loved to been out there tonight. Neyland was rocking

I would have loved to take my wife. She wasn't a fan of football till a few years after she met me. So she only knows of the Vols since around 2011. This was the Neyland I wanted her to see. Well until the end. I know all fan bases have mustard trash, but getting mixed up in that and the people driving home would be a headache.

Reactions: dduncan4163

Yes a thousand times yes.

Stirring up the fans by constantly making bad calls and then acting surprised they lose it is stupid. More institutions need to learn this lesson. You can only screw people for so long before they snap.

Reactions: orangealways
How can the premier college football conference in the country tolerate such incompetent officiating crews, I fully understand preserving calls to protect the higher ranked teams, but it was so out of bounds this game that it bordered on embarrassingly obvious, triggering the reaction when they took the first down away from Tennessee late in the game,

Need to see Danny White challenge the conference on the BS calls to protect Ole Miss, if he is not for Tennessee, he is against Tennessee, just another money changer in the temple, looking to pick the fans pocket yet again, for a cause he will not fight for as long as the money is rolling in, he will not see another crowd in Neyland this season like he saw tonight
sorry but Danny white won’t do ****. It’s part of the reason why the fans did what they did. Danny white will never go to bat for this program. He’s just here til his next payday (duke). He’s a clown

The play wasn’t over, because he was still going, and the ball came out. It was a freaking fumble, and they knew it all along.
He wasn't still going. He flat stopped for some weird reason and nobody else did. Corral f**ked and the refs bailed him out by saying forward progress was stopped.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
sorry but Danny white won’t do ****. It’s part of the reason why the fans did what they did. Danny white will never go to bat for this program. He’s just here til his next payday (duke). He’s a clown
That’s ok then, our fan base just needs to keep on throwing things then. Every time we get cheated, let these refs have a water bottle upside their face.

Reactions: 08Vol
He wasn't still going. He flat stopped for some weird reason and nobody else did. Corral f**ked and the refs bailed him out by saying forward progress was stopped.
It looked like he was still trying to get yardage still moving and the ball came out while he was going down.

Please remember this thread when someone outside your group in society blames their lot in life on everyone else and you want to respond that they are responsible for their own actions.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

Arkansas AD publicly went to SEC and requested Curles not ref game against A&M. Thankfully for them, Curles was suspended due to MSU Memphis screwup

Reactions: Megatron88

VN Store

Back