'18 Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pre-Game/Game Thread

Feel like we're gonna need a few 4th down conversions and/or some big kicks from Cimaglia. I don't think we're gonna see Pruitt punt from the opponents 40 for field position like in the past few games

Reactions: jakez4ut
Feel like we're gonna need a few 4th down conversions and/or some big kicks from Cimaglia. I don't think we're gonna see Pruitt punt from the opponents 40 for field position like in the past few games
Heading to Knoxville in about 30 min. and ready to kick some Mizzou arse! Vols win 37-20

Reactions: Rishvol
Sorry boys...this is a just a bad matchup. I hope we don't have another regression type game on top of that.

I think Mizzou wins 27+ to 22-...but I would be super happy to be wrong again.

Sorry boys...this is a just a bad matchup. I hope we don't have another regression type game on top of that.

I think Mizzou wins 27+ to 22-...but I would be super happy to be wrong again.
It certainly has been a bad match up in the past for us. I am trying to take off my orange tinted shades and look at the match ups on both sides of the ball with an unbiased opinion. If you look at our offense versus their defense and their offense versus our defense, which defense seems more likely to be able to slow down or stop the other offense? In my opinion as unbiased as possible, I think our defense stands a better chance to slow them down, because we have the potential to be good against the run as well as the pass. Now, The big question is can we be good against both of them in the same game. We have been good in stopping one or the other when we face a one dimensional offense, but can we slow them down when they are good doing both? I think that is what decides the game. If we will come out with an aggressive plan on offense, I think we can score points against them. My gut feeling says if we can score 30 or more, then we win.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
They’re a bad matchup for our defense.

Our offense is a bad matchup for their defense.

All our receivers gonna eat today.

They’re a bad matchup for our defense.

Our offense is a bad matchup for their defense.

All our receivers gonna eat today.
This is exactly why I said in the post above which defense has the capability of slowing the other offense down? The answer to that give you the answer to who wins the game today, in my opinion.

Will Mizzou be motivated for the game today after they became bowl eligible last week? I think not, Vols 34-17.

Just a suggestion - this is not the past in terms of Mizzou's O. Dools changed it to balanced and they run the ball over 50% of the time. We have the two CB's to stop their top two WR's. This is about pressure on Lock and covering the TE and RB. Slow them down enough and let JG/receivers/Chandler eat.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I’ll take our freshman DB’s over theirs, Thompson and Taylor are the difference in this game.

Vols: 34
Mizzou: 17

I’ll take our freshman DB’s over theirs, Thompson and Taylor are the difference in this game.

Vols: 34
Mizzou: 17

Them, plus pass rush. If we give them all day to throw the ball, it doesn't matter if we have Revis and Norton playing CB for us.

Them, plus pass rush. If we give them all day to throw the ball, it doesn't matter if we have Revis and Norton playing CB for us.
We have to stop the run first, IMO. They ran the ball A LOT against Vandy last week. I think Dooley will do the same today, and try to establish the run.

Reactions: jwilliams
We have to stop the run first, IMO. They ran the ball A LOT against Vandy last week. I think Dooley will do the same today, and try to establish the run.

Agreed... so, to recap... our d line, linebackers, and defensive backs all need to play well. :)

VN Store

Back